Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin N+ storage issue

Options
  • 26-02-2010 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

I bought a Belkin N+ router (fd8235) based on its claims for plug and play usb storage..

of course it didn't work so belkin (thumbs up for customer support by the way....)

so they sent me on a brand new one and .... it still doesn't work... none of their tech support guys can get it to work... either via xp or osx

anyone had a similar prob and resolved it.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

When you say you "cant get it to work" what do you mean?
    ie is there a wireless issue or something else?

What steps did you take with Belkin support?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jaybeeveedub

there is no response whatsoever from the router...

the light on the front doesn't light and there is no record of an device being connected in the 192.etc control panel either via osx or xp

can't map a drive from xp...
    firmware is up to date, drive is in fat32 (thumb drive, usb hard drive and flash card all tried....)

router has been hard re-booted (holding button for 15 seconds while switching on and off power)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I bought a Belkin N+ router

Theres Your problem mate, from personal experience Belkin make some terrible rubbish that give nothing but trouble and reset themselves for no reason. I get through alot of routers and the only brand I recommend is Linksys (not without the odd problem), set them once and walk away

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I have one of these, have no issues with it, In fact its pretty class. Ive bought belkin for years with no issues. Slightly tired of the belkin bashing that occurs out of hand.

What is the IP of the router? can you connect to the routers control screen in IE. e.g. 192.162.2.1

If you can open up run and type \\192.168.2.1 or whatever the routers address is and this should access the HDD - providing its plugged in, simply right click on it then when it opens and select map network drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

listermint wrote: »
    I have one of these, have no issues with it, In fact its pretty class. Ive bought belkin for years with no issues. Slightly tired of the belkin bashing that occurs out of hand.

Out of hand, I get through 200-300 routers per year, sometimes up to 5 per day. I work for an Isp where we provide and setup a router to dial pppoe, its expected to dial every 30 seconds to keep the customer logged in, a very simple task for a router. A router re-setting or failing to dial means a service callout, which costs in the long run. We don't use Belkin cos they're shíte and have had nothing but bad experiences with them, can't trust them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

You need to make sure your usb device is formatted is fat32 otherwise it won't be able to read it hence no led and not even detecting it!

I have the same router the belking storage port is crap anyway even when you get it working transfer rates suck bigtime.

Advertisement