Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colocation ??

Options
  • 26-02-2010 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭

I was looking recently for prices on colocation in Ireland and I was quite surprised when I seen the prices, most were around €150/m. How come it's so dear here ?? In the UK I've seen colocation as low as £40/m with the same features.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Possibly because everything else in Ireland is also more expensive than almost anywhere else in the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Yep it's around the going rate in Ireland,afraid price of power/labour etc is higher than across the water :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

That sucks, well when I do have the funds to build my own server I shall be shipping it off to the UK :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

If you're seriously thinking of shipping the server abroad to co-lo, wouldn't it be more sensible to rent a dedicated box in a rack somewhere abroad? That's what I'm doing at the moment and I can't really see too many pragmatic benefits in shipping abroad your own box over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Sparks wrote: »
    If you're seriously thinking of shipping the server abroad to co-lo, wouldn't it be more sensible to rent a dedicated box in a rack somewhere abroad? That's what I'm doing at the moment and I can't really see too many pragmatic benefits in shipping abroad your own box over that.
    Already am, just something I have in the pipeline for the future ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement