Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Paedophile Suspect' For Taking Son's Photo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

"asking me what I was doing in Sunderland, asked for my name and address and told me he had the right to delete my pictures." "I got annoyed and raised my voice a bit, then he threatened me with arrest for breach of the peace."
    What a knob, obviously a very low IQ security guard on a power trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Visuelle

That would make me mad, that security guard is an FN ejit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

The police reaction seems as bad. Very stupid situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

It's nothing but sensationalist rubbish on SKY News about a stupid security person with the IQ of a monkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Irionically the picture the security man wanted to prevent being taken is now posted on one of the most visited news sites on the web where every pedo for miles can download it in the privacy of his own home. Well played sir.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

For God's sake. I'm so mad!:mad:

I'm currently scanning 20 years worth of negatives. Our three (now adult) children were photographed in the batch, at the beach, etc. My self and the wife had only been chatting the other night about how some sick-minded people would frown at these most innocent of photographs. Brings into question the mentality of that Security guard and policeman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

that is absolutely ridiculous.

taking pictures of your own son on a train is hardly illegal!!! crazy.

it was obvious that the picture was totally innocent!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

The way things are going there is going....there is going to be a generation of children that grow up wondering why there are no pictures of them when they were younger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

ARGGHHHH RECURSION

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

sorry for the repost guys.

re: it being sensationalist rubish by Sky; This is not true, they may be broadcasting it from a sensationalist p.o.v but they are reporting the news in the same manner that any tabloid would, and thats what they basically are... a tabloid news channel. The content and the reporting of the story is however extremely relevant to society as a whole, as we are looking at a society that is suspicious of men who take photographs of children in public... and yes it is an association with men rather than(or moreso) than women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Just another example of fear being used as a flag of convenience for UK police and private security to limit the freedom of citizens, sigh :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

For those of you on facebook: Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

All these stories seem to have one very common element; an attention starved, power hungry failure as the villain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Rb wrote: »
    All these stories seem to have one very common element; an attention starved, power hungry failure as the villain.

Now why doesn't that surprise me!

If things continue on this path it'll soon be impossible to take photos of anybody, even if you know them, for fear of being accused of being a stalker! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

oh I would so feckin sue! to be accused by some eegit who then calls the police and says that he was taking pictures of 'children' (not child)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Why the fxck would you leave the child with a man who you genuinely thought might be a paedofile?

saps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Last year while at a public playground with my wife and 2 girls, a women came up to me with her daughter and asked me who I was photographing, why I had such a big camera etc... When I showed her the images she seemed fine about it and walked off muttering under her breath to her pram pushing friends.

I honestly was left feeling sick about it and felt like she was accusing me of ill behaviour even though I had done absolutely nothing wrong.
    When we were leaving, I half felt like making a big scene myself, calling the police and reporting her for her accusations. The other half of me wanted to smack her round the head with my 24-70.

My blood was past boiling at that stage and my wife was going to have a go at her over it as well but we didn't want the kids getting upset or being involved.

For a long time it put me off bringing the camera along to playgrounds and parks.

I don't totally blame the women in question, even though she's a stupid cow for not looking at the situation before doing what she did. I blame the media & the society we live in today. Apart from all the political correct madness we are subjected to every single day, we are now being victimised for wanting to enjoy the simple pleasures of capturing images of our own flesh and blood!

Sure these days people even look at you funny for taking your 3yr old daughter to the toilet. Not to worry there Mrs blogs, sure I'll just let her piss herself all over the shop floor instead then. Mind you don't slip in it and crack a hip :mad:

World gone made and its long overdue some serious doses of cop on!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

this is not exactly new - an ITN newscaster was questioned years ago about photos she'd taken of her kids in the bath - the lab doing the dev alerted the cops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I had it happen once in Las Vegas, in a park. Some cow started making comments about my daughter and I. I don't think 'red-faced, and screaming abuse and foul-language at her' adequately describes my response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

This thread reminds me of this cartoon from The Perry Bible Foundation

PBF215-Kitty_Photographer.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

Sounds crazy and over the top.

I wonder if there has been some kind of pedophile related incident recently there and they're now being over cautious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

i'm a bit confused by the fuss people makes these days about people taking photos of children in normal everyday situations - am i too naive in thinking that paedophiles aren't interested in photos of children playing in parks but images of a much shadier nature? i thought you were more likely to find them in front of a computer rather than hanging around in parks?

Advertisement