Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alice in 3D

Options
  • 26-02-2010 2:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody know if the Omniplex will be showing this next week? I know Storm wont be due to Odeon having a disagreement with Disney.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I thought there was something about the Omniplex not showing it either, but I could be wrong on that.

On the Omniplex webpage there is no sign of it in the coming soon section.

http://www.omniplex.ie/cinema/cinema/limerick#

But the cinema in Ennis will have it from the 5th March. In 3D and standard format.

As I said to another poster last week, the Ennis cinema gets an awful lot of new films that the Limerick ones don't get, and shows lots of old classic films as well.

It always amuses me to look through the films that are on show, or coming soon to the Ennis Movieplex and then do the same with the two Limerick cinemas and see the differences.

You get the same blockbusters in the Ennis cinema as Storm and the Omniplex, but also get the smaller name films, the world cinema films, and the old classics.

Is cheaper to watch films there also, plus the price of munchies or drinks are cheaper as well.

http://www.empiremovieplex.net/coming/March+2010

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Yeah i didnt see it on the coming soon section for Omniplex so looks like it'll be Ennis for me

The Ennis cinema is a nice little cinema though, so other than the time to get there, there are no real negatives.

Plus if there are two or more going to it, then what you save on tickets and food will be more than the cost of petrol/diesel to get there and back.

If you are a lover of going to the cinema, you should sign up for their weekly newsletter. It is handy as you get a list of what they are showing and will be showing straight to your inbox.

Just was on the film forum, and it seems that the Cinema groups have backed down to Disney last night, so it would look like it will be shown in Limerick afterall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

hopefully its true that they backed down and will be showing it. it sucks that people are talking about Ennis. just goes to show if you have a car you dont realise the pain of not having a cinema in the city center

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭johnny_rambo

Odeon have reversed their decision to boycott Alice in Wonderland

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8536195.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

holy crap though. why would they release the movie on DVD at the end of may??????????????????????????????????????

kinda tempted to just wait for the dvd to be honest. not too crazy about the 3D anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

When I was going to Avatar I saw a trailer for Alice in 3d.

While I have no interest in the movie and cant stand Jonney Depp as an actor I was completely blown away with the trailer. with the 3d glasses on it the effects were great!
    (the effects on the trailer were better than the avatar film I went to see)

~B

Advertisement