Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a venue on campus for a design exhibition.

• 26-02-2010 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

I'v to organize and source funding for an exhibition on the history and the future of Irish design and I have to scope out potential venues for it to be held.

As the exhibition is intended to entice potential design students to come here, the exhibition should ideally be in Maynooth.

I need a venue, needs to be well lit (SU venue is too dark), and must be at least the size of the downstairs library floor.

Does anybody have any ideas? Please post them here. Their names and locations on campus. I intend to scope them myself.

Thanks a mil.

N

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Downstairs in the library have been known to host such things for staff and visiting academic celebrities. Don't know if they'd allow it for students, no harm in asking though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭declan06

What about on the ground and first floors of JH? Like on the open day?
    You could do it in a few venues, the lobby of the SU might work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

Yea i'd like a place where all the students could see it. Would the common room be an option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Would the common room be an option?

Not during the week I wouldn't imagine, that place gets packed out around 12-3pm, but everything is movable in there, like the booths are on wheels and all so I would imagine it could be cleared for an exhibition if it was on at the weekend or in the evening.

Advertisement