Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Playing? - Feb/March Edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 at d mo', the single player is good enough though ridicilously hard, there's no such thing as sneaking through the forest here as the bots can see and shoot you from 43 miles away (And through walls).

It isn't really war when every single enemy is out to kill just you and don't bother with your team-mates who can't shoot for shìt. Bastards just stand around looking confused, pretty poor A.I. for this day and age but single-player isn't the point of this game :pac:

Multiplayer will be no doubt fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 at d mo', the single player is good enough though ridicilously hard, there's no such thing as sneaking through the forest here as the bots can see and shoot you from 43 miles away (And through walls).

It isn't really war when every single enemy is out to kill just you and don't bother with your team-mates who can't shoot for shìt. Bastards just stand around looking confused, pretty poor A.I. for this day and age but single-player isn't the point of this game :pac:

Multiplayer will be no doubt fantastic.

How did you manage to get a hold of it so early anyway?

Edit: just realised it has been cracked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

ps3: MW2 Online, FIFA 10 online

360: Forza 3, Gears 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Until I get a new rig (my 8800 crapped out) I'm stuck playing on my old radeon, but enjoying some original cod :D

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

tman wrote: »
    really don't like the lack of checkpoints... Having to play through a level again because you can't beat a boss has pretty much put me off going back to it. Shame:(

Ha if you dont like that please never play the original version of Devil May Cry 3, that game is pure evil!!

PSP: FFVII, played in years ago but never got into it. Im enjoying it this time around.

PC: BF2.......still

360: Mass effect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Xbox 360:

Fallout 3 but taking a little break out from it to play;
    Fifa 09, - Made the switch from PES,
    Midnight Club
    I'll never stop playing GTA IV + EFLC.

Laptop:

San Andreas
    Max Payne
    Just got Mafia. ( I know, oldish games)

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Xbox 360 -

Fallout 3 (got it with all the expansions preowned for 23€ :D)
    Darksiders (About half way through in this,good game but need a change)

PSP -

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past (Never played this yet I have I have played all the other ones bar the new one on the DS)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

PS3:
    Darksiders,haven't had a chance to get into this really as I've too many games to get through.
    Army Of Two, not a bad game at all. I'm fairly near the end.
    Heavy Rain, finished this yesterday, but I'll be starting again soon

xbox 360:
    Fable 2, I always fall back to this.

PC:
    Aliens Vs Predator, I'm not even enjoying this, but I'm insisting I finish it to get something out of it.
    Dragon Age, great game.
    Empire: Total War, I may be rubbish at it, but I still like the power buzz I get from it.
    Bioshock 2, I'm not mad about this one. It's alright, but nothing special.
    The Sims 3, has been on my hard disk since I first got it. It's a great way of dealing with a hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bought load of games recently:

PS3:

Heavy Rain: bought this yesterday, cleared it today, want to restart it again as it's actually replayable.
    Valkyria Chronicles: bought off amazon last night.
    Resident Evil 5: bought off amazon last night.

iPhone:

Red Spiders: seriously addictive, and developed in ireland.
    Monkey Island: classic game with a make over. can play old school graphics too.

PC:
    counter-strike: 10 years on and i'm still playing this "i can dance all day, i can dance all day."
    quake-live: quake anywhere, yes please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

playing duels in QL creamy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

PS3: Just got my first Plat with Borderlands so I'll probably continue with Bioshock and Deadspace now. And as always, a touch of MW2 online.

Gameboy: Pokémon: Yellow 8)

Not playing anything on the PSP atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Wii - nothing as i have packed it away as i just don't like the thing with about 5 unplayed games

PC - loads of stuff to play such as
    Borderlands
    Wolfenstein
    Ghostbusters
    GTA IV and others

PS3
    just bought one before Christmas and with all the bargains i'm finding on here i have 15 games to play and i am currently working my through MGS4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

PS2: Persona 3 FES - Brilliant game, I'm still totally hooked 50 hours in.

Xbox 360: Half Life 2 - I'm generally not a shooter fan but it's slowly winning me over. The gravity gun is fun to mess around with.

Prince of Persia - Good fun, makes you feel like you're pulling off some fancy moves even if it's basically a series of interactive cut-scenes. The combat is starting to get annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

360:
    Just finished Mass Effect 2, feel like playing Mass Effect 1 again and going straight onto Mass Effect 2. Best game I've played in a long time.
    Have Assassins Creed 2 but still haven't got round to playing it.

PC:
    L4D2 when I get a chance also some X3 The Terran Conflict, additive game.

PS3:
    Must pick up Heavy Rain, looks good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pc
    Napoleon total war

Ps3
    Fifa 10
    Pro evo 10

xbox
    tales of vesperia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Xbox 360

Mass Effect 2 should be finished this soon as am just at the last level.
    Gear of War - Put this on hold when I got Mass Effect.
    Left 4 Dead 2 - Play this once a week religiously with a team.
    Guitar hero 2 - trying to 5 star all songs on medium and am struggling.
    Bayonetta - on stadby

Wii

New super Mario Bros - Playing for maybe an hour or 2 a week so taking awhile to get through it and ensuring that I get all coins and secrets before moving on. Up to level 5 at the moment.

PC

Plants Vs Zombies. great craic. finished but going through it again to buy everything in the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

PC
    Alien Vs Predator Meh. Only finishing it to say I finished it. Fairly crap game tbh
    Bioshock Nowhere near as good as the first, but still enjoyable

PS3
    Uncharted 2 Still haven't finished it
    Assassins Creed 2 Only 1 level to go

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

360:
    I finished Assassins Creed 2's DLC with the exception of 2 of the Templar lairs.
    Started and finished Brutal Legend
    Have started Fable 2 (I have a feeling this might really suck me in for some time).

PC:
    Had been playing Mass Effect 2 until a hard disk died a couple of weeks back and haven't fixed it yet :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

PS3 - Rag Doll Kung fu (Get it, it's only 10 euro, great party game...)

PC - Napoleon (Crap game, yet again the total war series has been dealt a devastating blow, combat is good, missions are too short etc etc).

PC - Mech Warrior Beta 0.20 (lots of glitches and bugs, but it's to be expected, apart form that this game is simply amazing).

PC - Modern Warfare 2. (Meh, same crap really, World at War is a much better game).

PC - WoW from time to time, 3-4 hours a week tops.

I am thinking of playing eve, but it seems that you need a lot of time and effort to be anything in that game now, is it worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Kersmash wrote: »
    PS3: Just got my first Plat with Borderlands
    Heh, that's also the only game that I've loved enough to bother getting a plat/1000 points in.
    Surprised that it didn't include finishing the game on playthrough 2/2.5 as a trophy, but I'm not complaining!

Since my last post, I've given up on Brutal Legend, rented heavy rain (free lovefilm trial ftw) and got seriously hooked on the new Borderlands DLC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

PS3:

Batman Arkham Asylum
    Unchartered 2 (about 8 hours yesterday)
    Just started Fallout 3

Bought these three and Bioshock2 at the weekend.

Doing a bit of catchup on games. Recently finished Resident Evil 5 and Killzone 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

PC
    World of Warcraft[i/]
    Making good progress in the new icecrown raid with just one boss left, and levelling a new alt, so soaking most of my time.

Football manager 2010
    Great fun in short bursts, playing it alot on the laptop alongside wow, and in college.

AVP2010
    Giving it some single player action for short bursts late night, good fun but gets boring very quickly.

Mass Effect 2
    Sitting there waiting to be played :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

PS3

Demon souls - Slow going at the moment, probably coz I only play it on weekends when I actually have time to dedicate to it.
    Bioshock 1 - Bought it for €20 the other day, not sure what I think yet, it hasnt grabbed me like I thought it would
    Fallout 3 - finishing some side missions as I had completed the main quest.
    COD:MW2 - Online competive. Though getting bored of it as the new killstreaks have really messed up the balance of the game. Losing a game 185:0 on headquaters because one dude on the other team gets a tactical nuke is sucking the joy out of it for me...and when it happens and I win, I feel it is a cheap victory.

IPhone

Plants v's Zombies Its a really fun game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

sarumite wrote: »
    PS3

Bioshock 1 - Bought it for €20 the other day, not sure what I think yet, it hasnt grabbed me like I thought it would

Where did you pick it up for €20?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Insurgent wrote: »
    Where did you pick it up for €20?

It was second hand, in Gamestop, Pavillions in Swords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Finished two playthroughs of Mass Effect 2. Can't bring myself to play Bioshock, it just has no pull for me. So I'm waiting for something new to come out. Red Dead is a bit off so I might consider FF13. Until then I'm going back to doing these challenge rooms in Batman: AA. I'm trying to do some 2 player spec ops in MW2 with a mate but it's rare we both have the free time at the minute.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

PC: Football manager, since 1996 I just can't seem to get to the end :P. I recently Finished Bioshock 2 and MW2. Really enjoyed BS2, MW2 was solid and good fun but nothing more.

Currently going old school replaying Deus EX again to be followed by a Half Life replay (Need to recap HL as I have purchased the Orange Box - Didn't have a HL2 capaple PC when it came out so to my eternal shame I have never yet played it before :o)

XBox: Assasins Creed, started it about 2 years ago never finished it, getting more into it this time around, not loving it but its a decent game. hoping to get my hands on AC2 afterwards. An unopened Dead Space needs a run through as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eamo87

Just finished Heavy Rain a few days ago. Playing the original Uncharted at the moment because I keep great things about the sequeal, only about 2 hours in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Playing ff13 now for the ps3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

PC:

Currently playing through some of my Steam sale purchases.

Still munching through all the stealth em ups I bought, Thief, Hitman and Splinter Cell. Really enjoying the whole lot.

Other than that, really only playing a couple of indy games. Mount and Blade, cause I love the combat, just wish I had a decent interwebs for when the multiplayer expansion comes out. Tank Universal, a kind of Tron-like hunter/killer game.

Advertisement