Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Playing? - Feb/March Edition.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

PS3:

Heavy Rain
    Battlefield Bad Company 2
    Pro Evo 2010

PC/MAC:

Football Manager 2010

SEGA Megadrive:

Road Rash 2
    Streets of Rage 2
    Micro Machines 2: Turbo Tournament

N64:
    Mario Kart 64
    Goldeneye

Having a few multiplayer games of some of the classics. Great fun playing Micro machines on 8 player with 2 people in each control.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

aaronh007 wrote: »

N64:
    Mario Kart 64
    Goldeneye

Having a few multiplayer games of some of the classics. Great fun playing Micro machines on 8 player with 2 people in each control.

Sorry for the harsh actions but anyone that has a working N64 and a copy of Goldeneye automatically goes on my list of enemies. Friggin great game that I wigh I could still play :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

is avp worth it ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's not worth the steam off your piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Jazzy wrote: »
    is avp worth it ?

The controls take a little while to adjust to but you don't notice afterwards and the matchmaking is utter piss but it'll sort you out eventually. Apart from that it's great if your a fan and being a Marine in the Temple and being hopelessely outnumbered by Aliens is one of the best multiplayer experiences I've had.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Bubs101 wrote: »
    The controls take a little while to adjust to but you don't notice afterwards and the matchmaking is utter piss but it'll sort you out eventually. Apart from that it's great if your a fan and being a Marine in the Temple and being hopelessely outnumbered by Aliens is one of the best multiplayer experiences I've had.

for PC, im not a n00b :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Uncharted 2

Literally just starting this for the first time even though I've had it since release! I had yet to play through the original, and along with not having time to get near my PS3, it's been a long wait.

Anyone jealous? :D Looking forward to this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Et3rnalMo0nlite

PS3:
    CoD:MW2 - Addicted to playing online
    Got skate 2 the other day so i'll see how that goes and Kane &Lynch should be arriving next week :)

Xbox 360:
    Got Far Cry 2 the other day but still havent got around to playing it yet seeing as my Xbox etc are all taken away for a few weeks :(

PS2:
    Seeing as all other consoles are taken away im stuckk with ps2, so ive decided to play good old Gta: san andreas which is good for passing time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

PC: Third Age Total War

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Xbox 360:

Well when I finally get my Xbox back gonna be playing some BF:BC2 online, really love being a medic.

Finish off Portal again... got the urge to play this again after hearing all the Portal 2 News.

PS3:

Final Fantasy XIII!!! Only a few hours in but really loving it!

iTouch:

Space Miner, really fun and wastes way too much of my battery!

PC:

Stuff I'v gotten off of steam deals. So Civ4, Hammerfight, Dawn of War and my new favourite PC game Audiosurf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

A friend of a friend advanced me a retail copy of Metro 2033 for the Xbox360. In one word this game is: incredible. Polished, fun, graphically beautiful, solid story, amazingly detailed, superbly directed. It sucks you in from the start and you don't want to put it down. I haven't had this much fun since Half Life 2. If you like story driven games, don't miss this.

I understand the developers are newcomers on the scene and boy have they made an impression. These guys are ones to look out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Elessar wrote: »
    A friend of a friend advanced me a retail copy of Metro 2033 for the Xbox360. In one word this game is: incredible. Polished, fun, graphically beautiful, solid story, amazingly detailed, superbly directed. It sucks you in from the start and you don't want to put it down. I haven't had this much fun since Half Life 2. If you like story driven games, don't miss this.

I understand the developers are newcomers on the scene and boy have they made an impression. These guys are ones to look out for.

How horror based is it? I've heard (atmoshpere wise) it's like a near-modern dead space.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

How horror based is it? I've heard (atmoshpere wise) it's like a near-modern dead space.

Horror is too strong a word to describe the story. I find it nowhere near dead space in terms of "horror". Don't get me wrong, the atmosphere is there, but you are never too far away from help, and there are large sections of the game where you are accompanied by one or more friendly NPCs. The horror aspect is mild and for the most part story driven, and I don't mean that in any way negative. In comparison, I couldn't play dead space. Too many jumps bits.

Also, panzer tanks on rails!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Elessar wrote: »

While I knew it was out soon, this hadn't really been on my Radar until this post, looking forward to now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Im playing Metro at the moment too and i have to say im unimpressed so far. The atmos is certainly good, as is the story etc but the actual nuts and bolts of it are not up to scratch i dont think.

Besides that ive just finished ME2, started Bioshock but it hasnt pulled me in like the first one did...yet and finally the ubiquitous BF:BC2(Awful single player but great online)

I also had a go of AvP but i couldnt play more the 5 minutes.

(wow that was an almost entirely bitter post, im hoping Bioshock will brighten my mood a bit)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

It's been mostly Mass Effect and then Mass Effect 2 on the PC in February and the start of march.
    Did a run through Heavy Rain in the last week or two.
    Probably going to give Battlefield a go now and of course God of War III is incoming.
    I've been playing the blur beta a good bit for the last few days too.

And my steam games list keeps growing much faster than I can play them, curse them and their too good to refuse specials. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I was playing Fallout 3 on the Xbox360 and then I stopped when I remembered why I stopped on the PC. The level cap at 20 and the fact that killing hoards of super mutants gets quite boring. Oh well, I got 30 hours of enjoyment out of it so I can't really complain too much.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Bad Company 2, Osu!, Audiosurf and COD4

All on PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I picked up BiA: Hells Highway the other day on sale. I've heard good things so it should make good filler. I'm eyeing Metro 2033 at the mo also. Whatever gets me through to the new Red Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Xbox 360

Finished Mass Effect 2 at the start of the month so have been dipping into some back catalogue games since with Fifa 10 and Guitar Hero games.
    Started Bayonetta and am about half way through. It's quite good and I'm enjoying the craziness of the boss fights.
    Nothing else going on right now but have a heap of games about to arrive in the post so will be playing catchup for the next few months.

Wii

Still playing NSMBWii getting maybe an hour or 2 in a week. It's not really grabbed me like i hoped it would so will finish and trade it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Pokemon SoulSilver (on the 3rd gym... Just need to level up a bit or get a fighting type)
    God of War III
    Warcraft III (LOVING this at the moment... So glad I decided to revisit it!)

Advertisement