Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Maiden: Flight 666 BBC4 Thurday 4th March

Options
  • 26-02-2010 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Thursday, March 4th, 2010 11:00pm to 12:55am

A film that documents the first leg of Iron Maiden's Somewhere Back in Time world tour, which took them 50,000 miles around the planet playing 23 concerts on five continents in just 45 days. One of the stars of the movie is the customised Boeing 757, Ed Force One, which carried the band, their crew and 12 tons of stage equipment and was piloted by airline captain and Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson. The film gives a close-up, behind-the-scenes look at what happened on and off stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Scream for me Rock & Metal forum.

OzzfestCrowd.jpg

Scream for me

ironmaiden1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

*screams*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

I believe it's part of a 'Metal Night' on BBC4...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nope this is the previous evening. So you are getting two doses of Da Maiden in two days! I might just reel in the years myself :)

mike65 wrote: »
    Nope this is the previous evening. So you are getting two doses of Da Maiden in two days! I might just reel in the years myself :)

Cool - I will have to clear some stuff off the digibox in preparation for it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

:)

SCREAM FOR ME!!!!!!!!

BFMVAudience.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

mike65 wrote: »
    what was the other maiden show last night missed it. have the flight 666 on dvd so will watch it when i get home later. up the irons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Looking forward to this went over to twickinham in 2008 to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Have it on DVD but being the lazy git that I am , I will watch this knowing I didn't have to get up , take out the disc , put it in the DVD player and wait for all the warnings / menus to load ... woo hoo .. get the beers/wine in !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

interested to see what ye think of it.
    Bought the dvd and enjoyed the live performances of course but the "backstage" stuff was sterile.
    Thought that it was really limited and did not really get a feel for the lads at all, bar Nicko they seemed to want the bare minimum to do with the cameras.
    If you are interested in the dynamic off stage between the lads you will learn little here............

Still glad i bought it though as they are legends.

interested to see what ye think of it.
    Bought the dvd and enjoyed the live performances of course but the "backstage" stuff was sterile.
    Thought that it was really limited and did not really get a feel for the lads at all, bar Nicko they seemed to want the bare minimum to do with the cameras.
    If you are interested in the dynamic off stage between the lads you will learn little here............

Still glad i bought it though as they are legends.

As a Maiden fanatic I really enjoyed the movie (saw it in the cinema & bought the DVD) but I do see your point about the backstage stuff, it didn't tell me anything new about the band themselves.

The live performances are top notch though...

yeah peter didn't mean to put it down or anything just that with the personalities in there i thought it would have been a lot more natural.

Amazes me now when i think about how marginal we rockers were in the 80's and now everything on tv has a heavy soundtrack.

I was in elverys sports the other day and feckin ac/dc album playing!!!!

I'm old.......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

I'm old.......:(

you're not looking too bad for your age

http://www.100xr.com/100_XR/Artists/S/Sebastian_Bach/Sebastian.Bach.jpg

I have to admit....I do rock.:D

Advertisement