Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Programmable RC

Options
  • 26-02-2010 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for any recommendations for a programmable remote control for:

TV, X-box, UPC dvr, dvd player (BOSE 1,2,3 system)

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Logitech Harmony ONE (€99 I believe in Currys?) is well regarded.

Maybe a Philips Pronto if you wanna spend much more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Thanks for that, logitech seem like the guys to go for

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I have a Philips Prestigo and a Harmony One. The Harmony One is the one to go for, no contest.

Yeah, ordered one through Peats so awaiting it's arrival. Quite sad to be excited about getting a new remote control.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I got the Harmony 1100 . A great device but it may be a bit big for some peoples liking.

• Advertisement

Nice. A bit over my budget though. Looks like you can do most everything with the 1100. Can't wait to get my hands on my simple Harmony One.

@ Blastman: Just got my Harmony One, if I even move it slightly theres a rattle from the inside (It's not from the buttons). Just wondering if your one does the same?? Could it be a tilt sensor??

Seems like it is the tilt sensor. My bad, should go back to using google before posting on boards rather then the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Yeah, there is a tilt sensor as the device comes on when you pick it up. I've never actually heard mine, mind you.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I have the Harmony 900 super device looks after everything and has RF which is important for me

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/devices/5874&cl=us,en

• Advertisement
Advertisement