Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about home hair dye

• 26-02-2010 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

(I'm sorry if this should be in Fashion & Appearance )

Girls, before you do a DIY home dye, do you do an allergy test? Do you do it every time or just every time you use a new brand? I'm just wondering because I never do, and I hear stories of people who have had severe reactions and they always say they've done a test.

So is it something that people do generally do or is it something that they say they've done when something goes wrong? I don't personally but I really tend to stick to two brands, one for natural-looking colour and one for something a bit different. I only know one other woman who dyes her hair at home and she doesn't do a test either because she just uses the same brand every couple of months. So I'd be really interested in other womens stories/opinions.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Moved from TLL.

Maple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I'll admit - I've never done a patch test and I dye my hair quite regularly.

The first time I dyed my hair, I was a teenager and I was too impatient, plus I reasoned that I am not someone who reacts to everything under the sun like some people. Since then, I kind of figure that I've never had a reaction so I'm not likely to start now.

I still think it's a good idea to do. It's just not something I follow in practise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Nah, tbh I never do an allergy test. I think if you have sensitive skin you'd be better off doing a patch test but I never really get any reactions from any products so I just throw the dye on and hope for the best!

Advertisement