Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

places with good cheese boards in Dublin

Options
  • 26-02-2010 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

We love cheeses - can you recommend some good places in Dublin for a nice cheese board lunch? More on the casual than posh side... And value for money matters too!
    Cheese cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

DAMN YOU! Now I need to go and buy cheese.

I'm having cheese on cheese for dinner tonight. With a side of... cheese.

Lunchtime cheese though? Hmmm, downstairs in Fallon & Byrne, or Winding Stair? I did have a great cheese board in Ely once, but it was never replicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

thank you will check these out!
    We won't say no to some afternoon or evening cheese either as long as it's not some pretentious affair! We are frugal cheese lovers.
    I got a piece of lovely Italian cheese today, it's in my bag - can't wait to get home...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

French Paradox in Ballsbridge (link)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Just nipped over to the cheese room in Avoca… nyom!
    Got a hard goats cheese, a brie du meaux, a french blue that I cannot remember the name of and something else… OH! Yeah a raw cows softish one too. Which I cannot rememeber the name of either. And the lovely lady threw in a nice chunk of black pepper salami.

Can't wait! Will chill an Aligote when I get home and chow down, and I've some parma ham there too. And a bit of soft goats cheese left over from last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Thank you, thay all sound great, I saved a little list in my mobile for walks :)

Advertisement