Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scenic Landscape Places Dublin

• 26-02-2010 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭

I'm shooting a piece for college and am looking to add in a few wide landscape shots.
    Just wondering if anyone knows of any places that would be suitable?
    I would rather not just get in my car and drive aimlessly with the hope of stumbling upon something.
    I figure people here would have a few spots that they use.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

The whole of North County Dublin is as rural as any where in the country. Head for the Naul, Garristown Clonalvy that area and you can't go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    I'm shooting a piece for college and am looking to add in a few wide landscape shots.
    Just wondering if anyone knows of any places that would be suitable?
    I would rather not just get in my car and drive aimlessly with the hope of stumbling upon something.
    I figure people here would have a few spots that they use.

Thanks.

For some beautiful scenes Ardgillan Castle in Balbriggan might suit you, at the front of the castle the sea scape is magnificent and if you stay in the back field (go left from the car park) there is a great view of north fingal as far as the naul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

on the Southside you would have Killiney hill, which will give you good view of Dublin and down into Wicklow. Similar views from Three Rock

Might as well pimp while I'm here...

3160033058_dcf2543b0a_o.jpg

3159199099_d1fcb8a9e5_o.jpg

both taken from Three Rock. You could also go out to either bull walls - dollymount or poolbeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Howth - great views over Dublin bay from the car park behind the summit Pub & from the cliff walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Dun Laoighre is a lovely spot, as is pretty much anywhere along the coast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

+1 for killiney hill. was up there the other day, some incredible views, you've got dublin bay and killiney bay, really can't beat it! Howth is great also. Kiliney beach can offer some great shots of dalkey island and sorentto terrace. best bet is to head down to the old tea rooms and climb over all the rocks, keep going until the wall on the left rises, there is a big metal frame lodged in the rocks, past that and there is a 3 foot wide ledge, great spot.

Advertisement