Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crowne Plaza Farmers Market

Options
  • 26-02-2010 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

Last Sunday of every month there is a Farmers Market at the Crowne Plaza. Anyone ever been & is it any good?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Hadn't heard anything about it until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

I've heard of it but nothing about it. Would love to check it out but would like to hear a bit about it first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

First I've heard of it, sounds like they need to advertise it better, but I'll deffo check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

There is also the Ravensdale Country Market which runs on a Saturday morning for anyone interested in that sort of thing. It's on in the community centre next to Ravensdale church. Homemade breads, jams, baked goods, veg, flowers and crafts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 higgins2010

I Think its a disgrace a market at the hotel, why can't it be held in dundalk town centre, this is the very reason why the town is in the state its in, i think they also have one at the marshes and now there even doing wedding fares, HUH!! were will it end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

Where in the town centre is big enough or suitable to hold a farmers' market? I'm not from Dundalk but I've lived here for a a while and I don't think it's that unusual for an event like a farmers' market to be held outside the town or city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Tiddlers wrote: »
    Where in the town centre is big enough or suitable to hold a farmers' market? I'm not from Dundalk but I've lived here for a a while and I don't think it's that unusual for an event like a farmers' market to be held outside the town or city centre.

Market Square ?

Just an off the cuff guess..

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Blucais

I Think its a disgrace a market at the hotel, why can't it be held in dundalk town centre, this is the very reason why the town is in the state its in, i think they also have one at the marshes and now there even doing wedding fares, HUH!! were will it end.

If you think it's such disgrace to have this in a hotel which isn't in the town centre, why don't you go and organise one in the town centre . . . it's unlikely that the hotel is going to organise a farmers market for anywhere else other than in the actual hotel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 poppylily

Would you belief that there is a farmers market in the town centre, in the market square every friday. The county council have for years being trying to close down this market and have even gone so far as to send a memo to all of their staff talling them to not buy anything. As Dundalk is a market town the venders are able to sell any homegrown or handmade items without any charge. This is not to the liking of the county council but its the same all over the country. Perhaps if there was more support for the market in the centre of town then the same venders would be able to sell their produce and not have go to a out of town hotel to sell.

When was the last time you supported your local farmer/crafter? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Sounds like it could be fun, I'm not sure how it will benefit them financially by having it at the crown plaza though...:confused: its a bit out of the way wouldnt you agree?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

poppylily wrote: »
    Would you belief that there is a farmers market in the town centre, in the market square every friday. The county council have for years being trying to close down this market and have even gone so far as to send a memo to all of their staff talling them to not buy anything. As Dundalk is a market town the venders are able to sell any homegrown or handmade items without any charge. This is not to the liking of the county council but its the same all over the country. Perhaps if there was more support for the market in the centre of town then the same venders would be able to sell their produce and not have go to a out of town hotel to sell.

When was the last time you supported your local farmer/crafter? :mad:

Hi Poppy, are the people who do that every friday breaking any law?:confused:

just curious, because if they were the council would of closed them down A.s.a.p wouldnt they?

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

Sounds like it could be fun, I'm not sure how it will benefit them financially by having it at the crown plaza though...:confused: its a bit out of the way wouldnt you agree?:confused:

It does when they are getting support and sales at the hotel. And not being hassled by council reps, traffic wardens and litter wardens!!! Also the crowne plaza is held on a sunday so it makes for a good day out with bouncy castle, lunch and market in one place.

Hi Poppy, are the people who do that every friday breaking any law?:confused:

just curious, because if they were the council would of closed them down A.s.a.p wouldnt they?

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

no, no law breaking. Can only guess as to what the councils problem with the market is? All suggestions welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

There was a market in market square on Paddys Day which was very good. Some guy doing German Bratwurst, bloody good!!

Advertisement