Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem Making Calls To One Number

• 26-02-2010 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Myself and my girlfriend have been having this issue since the start of the week, just wondered if any one here had any suggestions.

Basically I can't ring her, and she can't ring me. We are both on Meteor PAYG and both have new phones (mine: Nokia E71, hers: Nokia E63) only bought for Christmas which have both been working fine. I can ring all other numbers fine, as can she, as in other networks, others on Meteor, landlines etc. The second issue is that our texts are taking forever to deliver to both each other and other people. They send fine, but the delivery report takes up to 24 hours to change from "pending" to "delivered". Now, when I make a call after sending a text, the text seems to deliver right then.

We have spoken to Meteor about this; the first time we were told to try taking the battery and sim out of both phones, re-assembling them and trying
    again, no luck. Rang a second time and was told to try the sims in different phones, this did work: we could ring each other straight away with the sims in our old phones. Put the sims back in our current phones, and no change, still couldn't ring each other. So rang Meteor again, told them this, and they said it's a problem with the handsets and not the sim or anything to do with Meteor.

So basically I was just wondering if any one here has any ideas as to how to fix this? The phones as I said are both less than 2 months old, and it seems rather improbable that both would break on the same day and in the exact same way. Meteor have told us to go to one of their stores and they'll check the phones out for us, but until we get the chance to go the problem remains.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Could it be the way the number is entered into the phone?

In other words, does it happen if you dial the number via contacts and if you dial the number manually?

Try both. At least that would rule out something simple like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Just tried that there, same thing, even tried deleting the number from the phone and trying, but no luck. The message when it doesn't connect is either "We're sorry, the number dialed is unavailable, please recheck and try again", or "We're sorry, the number you have dialed cannot be reached at this time, please try again later".

We have now found that we can no longer receive calls from any one else either, but can still make calls (obviously not to each other).

We bought the phones from eXpansys.co.uk, and if it turns out that the phones are faulty and we have to return them, I just wondered if any one here has had experience in dealing with them for this sort of thing? Are they easy to deal with?

Again, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sorry for the double- (or triple- in this case) post, but I have, after much searching, figured out the problem.

I set both phones to only use GSM as opposed to Dual Band, and we can now ring each other, and receive calls from others (haven't tested texting just yet, but I'm sure it's working). From what I can gather Meteor are upgrading their 3G service which is causing problems for some people.

Anyway, just glad it was Meteor after all, and not our phones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement