Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacts on Nokia 5530

• 26-02-2010 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Just changed over from a Sony Ericsson and am having a problem with the view of my contacts. I am using the SIM contacts and they appear fine - however they look "weird". The view is set to "First Name Last Name" however it doesn't show this way eg one of my contacts is Open 24 however this appears as 24;Open/1. Is there any quick way to rectify this or will I just have to edit them individually? Copying the contacts from SIM to the phone and using them gives the same problem.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

The sony ercisson stores the contacts in a different format to the nokia. The best way is probably to put your sim back in the sony ericsson and follow the instructions to sync your contacts on www.zyb.com. Then you can sync your nokia with the site and they should be stored properly

You could sync them through something like outlook too

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Guisseppeth

Cheers. Actually trying both those options at the minute as one of the lads in work recommended that site. Having trouble getting the phone connected to the laptop though thats an entirely different matter.

Advertisement