Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL down?

• 26-02-2010 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone having problems with NTL broadband today? It's been up and down all day for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

No problems so far in ferrybank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

see here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055764097&page=96 nearly 100 pages about ntl broadband since this upgrade to fibre power crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I was up around Hillview around 3 o'clock and there was an UPC guy there. He had one of their box open and was messing around with it. Here in Cherrymount, the digital tv has been even worse than usual for freezing and random resetting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Is it really down?

I'm in Summerhill Terrace...

• Advertisement

Adyx wrote: »
    I was up around Hillview around 3 o'clock and there was an UPC guy there. He had one of their box open and was messing around with it. Here in Cherrymount, the digital tv has been even worse than usual for freezing and random resetting.

That must have been it.

Seems ok now.

More trouble with it again today. Broadband was down for 2 or 3 hours - and now it's crawling slow. They'd want to get their act together.

Mine is grand again. After 5 hours it worked again.

Been fast this evening though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

bumpity bump

thing they're having a problem again. Mine is down in the ferrybank area.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Popquiz_hotshot

Mine just went in the Dunmore road but only for 5 min!!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Back now!

Aye mine was down for a while before I went back to college. Not sure if it's back yet, but I'm assuming it is.

It was down in Mary Street aswell as my broadband and phone went but it's back now. This is twice this week that it has happened!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

also up in johns hill area

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Easily the worst service I've ever encountered. I once had the TV, telephone and broadband package from them, and a few times they would all go together so you couldn't even call them to report a problem!

When you ring them up you get the excuse that they "are upgrading the service in that area of the city", i.e. its broken again and they are trying to fix it.

Yup - I've had a fair few problems with the broadband over the past few months. Be it disconnections, or unrealiable speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

hardybuck wrote: »
    Easily the worst service I've ever encountered. I once had the TV, telephone and broadband package from them, and a few times they would all go together so you couldn't even call them to report a problem!

When you ring them up you get the excuse that they "are upgrading the service in that area of the city", i.e. its broken again and they are trying to fix it.

I agree. I live at home and my mother insists on that TV, telephone, broadband package because apparently its "such a bargain!". Bargain my ass. Its down half the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

How's your UPC Broadband tonight? Any better than this?

911369351.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Tis ok for me

911382020.png

911407755.png

Still on the 10meg here, so - tis alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

beazee wrote: »

911369351.png

jesus, thats **** !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

At one stage the test gave me 0.56Mb/s download and none upload!

OK now. Back to normal this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

beazee wrote: »

911369351.png

Meteor Mobile BB

912632592.png

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Anyone else having problems with UPC/NTL broadband on the Dunmore Road, I have the 15mb package yet all speedtests I have done today are returning less than 1 mb

http://www.speedtest.net/result/916739321.png

sorry, i dont know how to get the actual result in here, rather than clicking on the link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Fairly slow in Ferrybank this evening as well, supposed to be on 15MB as well.

Advertisement