Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freezer bags

Options
  • 26-02-2010 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

As my freezer cooking increases, I find I'm whaling through freezer bags at a rate of knots. They take up less room than portion-sized tupperware, so I'll stick with them, but does anybody re-use bags, particularly ones that have been used for chilli, shep pie, etc etc? Is there a proven method for washing them? Or am I being a tad stingy? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭boscoroxx

I re-use mine too! Glad I'm not on my own!
    I just turn them inside and wash them like I would anything else, hot water and washing up liquid.
    I only replace them when they burst or get tatty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

That never occurred to me!!! I've been using the cheap TEsco ones! Will try washing them from now on.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

You might even be able to turn them upside-down and pop them in the dishwasher on low heat?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Nope dishwashers will get hot enough on the drying cycle to make the bags very small and hard.
    I use the Lidl ones, good and thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Nope dishwashers will get hot enough on the drying cycle to make the bags very small and hard.
    I use the Lidl ones, good and thick.

Lol, that sounds like experience talking!:) Good to know, won't try it so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Wash them out with hot water, turn them inside out and leave them on heater to dry out, that's what I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

My mum uses those plastics bag that you get in dunnes in the fruit and veg section or deli - she justs grabs a load off the roll (!) and uses them for freezing - very handy! And free too...:D

Advertisement