Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone recommend a cheap GP in D6?

Options
  • 26-02-2010 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭

Preferably one who has student rates, I just need a med card form stamped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

I use harcourt health (close to rathmines), they have recently started taking madical card patients.
    http://www.harcourthealthdoctor.ie/gpservices_medcards.html

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭AmcD

GPs do not charge for stamping medical card forms. The issue is not about charging, but whether that particular GP will accept you as a medical card patient. By the way, just to warn you, there seems to be a huge backlog in the medical card processing section at the moment. It frequently takes 12 weeks to complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

sickle wrote: »
    I use harcourt health (close to rathmines), they have recently started taking madical card patients.
    http://www.harcourthealthdoctor.ie/gpservices_medcards.html
    AmcD wrote: »
    GPs do not charge for stamping medical card forms. The issue is not about charging, but whether that particular GP will accept you as a medical card patient. By the way, just to warn you, there seems to be a huge backlog in the medical card processing section at the moment. It frequently takes 12 weeks to complete.

Dropped my form into the above clinic, thanks. Hopefully won't take too long! If so, can I get refunded for previous prescriptions if I hang on to the DPS form?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭AmcD

I am afraid that the medical card is only valid from when the HSE issue it. They won't refund you any prescription charges or GP fees. Keep all receipts and you could get a small amount of tax back at the end of the year with the 'Med 1' form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

actually my local health office (Lord Edward St) advised me to keep the DPS form and the girl at the desk there would refund the money when I got my medical card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement