Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Feedback] Rant and Raving forum to go private.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

There are a number of private forums where access is freely given of given if a user meets certain criteria. These include but are not limited to lolocaust, rant and raving, spell check and Sex and sexuality. Perhaps it would be an idea to set up sub forum of feedback for requesting access to private open invitation forums on boards?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

That'd be great if you could fit it in. Thanks Dev.

Boston wrote: »
    There are a number of private forums where access is freely given of given if a user meets certain criteria. These include but are not limited to nein 11, rant and raving, spell check and Sex and sexuality. Perhaps it would be an idea to set up sub forum of feedback for requesting access to private open invitation forums on boards?

Or even just a stickied thread in feedback to start with the info required to ask and answer questions about private forums that are open to public access but for whatever reason have gone private.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

There are a number of private forums where access is freely given of given if a user meets certain criteria. These include but are not limited to lolocaust, rant and raving, spell check and Sex and sexuality. Perhaps it would be an idea to set up sub forum of feedback for requesting access to private open invitation forums on boards?

Something like this anyway..new members jsut never hear of the fora unless they ask the mod or see a sig

Or even just a stickied thread in feedback to start with the info required to ask and answer questions about private forums that are open to public access but for whatever reason have gone private.

Like the sex and sexuality stickie.

I like to approach of having the open invite forums listed in the forum lists. My idea for a sub forum would also be that charters could be posted there. It seems illogical to me that a user must first agree to obey the rules of the private forum to get access in order to see the rules. Real chicken and egg situation.

• Advertisement

And while I like to send long PMs to new posters to places a PM can only go so far. Also I am concerned about the forum's future after going private (as Tar said). If people can't find the place they won't post there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I thought I had done something wrong as I couldn't get into it! Glad to know I'm not the only one. Can I be allowed back into Ranting & Raving too? I loved it!!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I thought I had done something wrong as I couldn't get into it! Glad to know I'm not the only one. Can I be allowed back into Ranting & Raving too? I loved it!!

Done. Drop me a PM if you have any questions about the place.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There are a number of private forums where access is freely given of given if a user meets certain criteria. These include but are not limited Sex and sexuality. Perhaps it would be an idea to set up sub forum of feedback for requesting access to private open invitation forums on boards?

Sex and Sexuality is not an invite only forum, only mods, admins and subscribers get access to it

Cabaal wrote: »
    Sex and Sexuality is not an invite only forum, only mods, admins and subscribers get access to it

Sex and Sexuality is an invite only forum where users have to meet certain criteria. The criteria being that they are mods, administrators or subscribers. Being a mod administrator or subscriber does not automatically entitle you to access. For example, you invitation will be revoked should you be found to be a minor.

Beyond this, I'm not going to get into an arguement about semantics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Carol_1985

Can I please have access to the Ranting and Raving forum.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Just to comment on how well it's going so far, and how smoothly the transition to a private forum went.

Only today did I realise I was actually viewing a private forum for the last 4 days. I just selected 'Ranting and Raving' from my Subbed list and browsed and normal. The transition was so smooth I didn't even realise it happened :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Something like this anyway..new members jsut never hear of the fora unless they ask the mod or see a sig

To be fair, I've asked a few mods about private forums via pm, and I've either been ignored or given short sharp shrift.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Carol_1985 wrote: »
    Can I please have access to the Ranting and Raving forum.

Done.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

To be fair, I've asked a few mods about private forums via pm, and I've either been ignored or given short sharp shrift.

maybe they are cocks, meh. I let anybody into anything as long as they behave.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I let anybody into anything as long as they behave.

Oh, behave!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Oh, just a request.

Can one or two of the AH mods ( i know not me) have access to R&R. Sometimes hard rant threads were moved from AH to R&R before, might still do the same if you guys don't mind. Or leave it in AH, which ever is easier

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Rabies wrote: »
    Oh, just a request.

Can one or two of the AH mods ( i know not me) have access to R&R. Sometimes hard rant threads were moved from AH to R&R before, might still do the same if you guys don't mind. Or leave it in AH, which ever is easier

Moving threads to R&R tends to just cause problems anyways, locking and pointing in the right direction is a better option. Anywho I have access to R&R and if any ah mods want access all they have to do is ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Like the sex and sexuality stickie.

I like to approach of having the open invite forums listed in the forum lists. My idea for a sub forum would also be that charters could be posted there. It seems illogical to me that a user must first agree to obey the rules of the private forum to get access in order to see the rules. Real chicken and egg situation.

That is why the charter of the S&S forum is on the biki for anyone to read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Moving threads to R&R tends to just cause problems anyways, locking and pointing in the right direction is a better option. Anywho I have access to R&R and if any ah mods want access all they have to do is ask.

Cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Strange that cos I got a PM.
    Perks of moderatorhood.

*jealous* I had to find it all by myself! (hooray for Star-Pants' sig banner!)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

can you sign me up the the private ranting and raving thread, please moderator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I need R&R. I don't post in it - but I do read it to reassure myself that I'm not the only angry bastard out there.

Grant access please Mr. Dr. B :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Can I have access to R&R, please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

Access please, thanks.

I would have given you all access but it appears that LZ5by5 never sleeps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Can i have access? Its the only place i can say something without it being turned around on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I would have given you all access but it appears that LZ5by5 never sleeps.

Sleep is for the weak Doc, now hold the fort while I go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Could I have access please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Can I have access to R&R please, it's always a good read

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement