Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Feedback] Rant and Raving forum to go private.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

We were talking about this a few weeks ago. The more we spoke about it the more we realised that it is unworkable.

I mean take soccer for example, potentially you could have the first page dominated by superthreads specific to each team ranting about how they hate everyone else. I single superthread wouldn't work as it would be impossible to mod.

Politics may work, I'd be willing to give a trial run in this regard.

Religion, well, I'm not touching that mess.

That being said I think we need to do something to revive the place and lifting a ban on the above could well be the solution. I'm happy to hear any ideas about how we could adequately mod rants on politics, religion and soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pimbeche

Can i have access please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Kalahari

Can I have access too please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Redmal

Please can I join please?

Just want to say thank you to all of you who have been contributing over the last while, we seem to have had a revival in activity. Keep it up please. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Can I please have access to the Ranting and Raving forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    We were talking about this a few weeks ago. The more we spoke about it the more we realised that it is unworkable.

I mean take soccer for example, potentially you could have the first page dominated by superthreads specific to each team ranting about how they hate everyone else. I single superthread wouldn't work as it would be impossible to mod.

Politics may work, I'd be willing to give a trial run in this regard.

Religion, well, I'm not touching that mess.

That being said I think we need to do something to revive the place and lifting a ban on the above could well be the solution. I'm happy to hear any ideas about how we could adequately mod rants on politics, religion and soccer.
    Officially there is no ranting allowed on SF. To give them their dues they are very strict on this. One poster posted a list on 130 reasons why he hated another club which eventually ended in a ban.
    So in that respect you can't go out straight out and say you hate such and such a player.
    Posters have found a way a round this though through inuendo which was the case with allegations surrounds one players private player being posted up on four or five different threads. So certain posters are being creative in this regard.
    So again its a case of putting up a water tight charter that isnt open to interpretration. Where there is ambiguity there is confusion.

I know there's no ranting that goes undissected on the soccer forum Spirit, but our forum facilitates that very thing. That's what we're all about, crazy over the top rhetoric that goes unchallenged on thread.

I remember in the early days of R&R soccer wasn't banned and it wasn't soon before anti Manchester United and Liverpool threads were started. It got very much personal. Now if you look at the soccer forum I think it's safe to say that there a lot of beefs between posters where subtle shots are regularly taken at each other. I think for R&R to facilitate the heightening of those feuds between posters would not only be irresponsible but would also inevitably start a headache for the Soccer mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

I know there's no ranting that goes undissected on the soccer forum Spirit, but our forum facilitates that very thing. That's what we're all about, crazy over the top rhetoric that goes unchallenged on thread.

I remember in the early days of R&R soccer wasn't banned and it wasn't soon before anti Manchester United and Liverpool threads were started. It got very much personal. Now if you look at the soccer forum I think it's safe to say that there a lot of beefs between posters where subtle shots are regularly taken at each other. I think for R&R to facilitate the heightening of those feuds between posters would not only be irresponsible but would also inevitably start a headache for the Soccer mods.
    So there was a forum where soccer fans could rant and rave. Maybe not a bad idea to have some forum where soccer post can post via after hours. And no it wouldn't apply where a ban was a place.
    But think an after hours thread for soccer posters might not be a bad thing if some posters feel flow is being disrupted by posters they feel are disrupting the thread.
    Ranting and raving i think is good especially enjoy the motorists thread. Miss not being able to post on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

CAn i get access to the forum please..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

2nd time asking

can i have access please?

khmk wrote: »
    2nd time asking

I reckon a few might have this complaint. The reality is you have access but don't know how to, well, access the access. :p
    Hi,

You have been granted access to Ranting & Raving. We went private a while back and that's why you can't see the forum. If you access the forum from my mod link, under forum tools choose the option "subscribe to this forum". R&R will then appear under the "Subbed" drop down menu as well as in your User CP.

Thanks,

LZ

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

I reckon a few might have this complaint. The reality is you have access but don't know how to, well, access the access. :p

:o

sorry mate im a tit.

got it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Also requesting access when a mod has a spare moment, ty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Me too access please...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

hey there - missing R&R, please allow me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭coL

I would like access too please.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

Could I have access too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Skyhawk1990

Can you please grant me access to the scacred valhalla that is known as ranting and raving by all ye enlightened boardsies? I thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭skinner2x

Can I have access please, I'm hopping mad..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

can i get access please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Hey can I have access? Merged my account a few days ago and can't get in!

Have something to rant about too. GRRR =]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

I'd like in please :D I miss the ranting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Please could I have access to the ranting & raving forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 scarlett o hara

Can I also have access? I really miss R&R:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I HATE EVERYTHING!!! GRRGGGRRRR!!!!!!!

Access please? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

meee too pwease :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Can I get back into the club, I miss ranting.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Can I have access please? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭skepticalone

long time lurker (unreg) now a reg user ... miss the hilarious ranting threads ,l am fed up of the recession , need some cheering up . access please , i promise to be a good good girl :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement