Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vet recommendations Wexford Town/ Castlebridge

Options
  • 26-02-2010 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone, my Mum has been living down in Castlebridge for the last couple of years (born and bred in the area, delighted to be back home :D) but she's having trouble finding a good vet in the area to treat her two dogs.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The ones I know of would be Arena (Rocklands) Pet Vet (Drinagh) and Gubbins & Oshea (Bishopswater). All of them are good vets, I just find Pet Vet a little pricey. Ive used Arena a good bit over the years and they've always been fine. I know Im not gushing praise on any of them, but I dont think youll go wrong choosing any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dinomite

We used Peter in Summerhill veterinary practice. 053 9143185

Absolutely great vet, and so nice too. No longer have dog, but when we get another, we will deffo use him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Gubbins & O Shea in Bishopswater great service prices haven't gone up in the 8 years I've been going there for injections for pets also they never charged when I've called back with pets for check ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I've used Peter in Summerhill also.... really good.

I also did work experience there years ago (transition year) and the place was amazing. The place was spotless, and the staff brilliant.

I would really recommend it.

(no connection to the place)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Thanks so much everyone, it's much appreciated. We've used Arena a couple of times but the dogs didn't take to the vet (and he didn't much seem to like them either) and the prices were fairly extortionate, even in comparison to Dublin prices.

We're going to give Peter a call, we've been hearing other good things about him too, so thanks again for that :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

Yeah I'd recommend Gubbins & O'Shea too, they are very nice and very reasonably priced! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Richard in Gubbins and O Shea is the man to get. He's very, very good with dogs.

In saying that, my yoke still has to be dragged in everytime.....:(

Advertisement