Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cannot enter BIOS, tried everything!

• 26-02-2010 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I need help entering my BIOS setup, so hopefully somebody around can help me!
    My mobo is an ASUS P6T so when I boot up it tells me to press ESC, so i do. I've tried holding it down, tapping it fast and slow, everything but it just seems to send it in a loop and back around to the boot screen again.

I'm pretty sure its not a keyboard problem as I can press TAB to see to POST screen and use Pause Break to pause it. I've used a usb keyboard, wireless and ps/2, all with the same results.

So i reset the CMOS and was able to enter BIOS by pressing F1 when settings werent detected as set. All keyboards work perfectly here. But on next bootup the same thing occurs. I can only enter BIOS on the FIRST boot after a CMOS reset. No other time, it just seems to loop around.

I discovered that express gate wasnt working so i disabled that along with that annoying jmicron detector thing. USB legacy is enabled also. Still no difference. Does anybody know a way to help? Its driving me insane!

Thanks in advance,
    Shanous

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

shanous wrote: »
    I need help entering my BIOS setup, so hopefully somebody around can help me!
    My mobo is an ASUS P6T so when I boot up it tells me to press ESC, so i do. I've tried holding it down, tapping it fast and slow, everything but it just seems to send it in a loop and back around to the boot screen again.

I'm pretty sure its not a keyboard problem as I can press TAB to see to POST screen and use Pause Break to pause it. I've used a usb keyboard, wireless and ps/2, all with the same results.

So i reset the CMOS and was able to enter BIOS by pressing F1 when settings werent detected as set. All keyboards work perfectly here. But on next bootup the same thing occurs. I can only enter BIOS on the FIRST boot after a CMOS reset. No other time, it just seems to loop around.

I discovered that express gate wasnt working so i disabled that along with that annoying jmicron detector thing. USB legacy is enabled also. Still no difference. Does anybody know a way to help? Its driving me insane!

Thanks in advance,
    Shanous

I've an Asus P6T and I'm pretty sure it's Del for setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭shanous

Spear wrote: »
    I've an Asus P6T and I'm pretty sure it's Del for setup.

Just checked again, it says ESC on the boot screen but DEL worked. Thanks very much! Man thats embarrassing though, been doing this for years and even the simplest thing can be missed!

DELETE THREAD!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Just checked again, it says ESC on the boot screen but DEL worked. Thanks very much! Man thats embarrassing though, been doing this for years and even the simplest thing can be missed!

DELETE THREAD!

Odd, unless it's an early edition of the BIOS. Unless it's referring to pressing esc to skip the mem-test.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭shanous

BIOS 0904, i've updated it to the newest one now though and this time it has DEL instead of ESC. Has it always been DEL on yours?

BIOS 0904, i've updated it to the newest one now though and this time it has DEL instead of ESC. Has it always been DEL on yours?

Pretty sure it was, but my one's the deluxe version so there may be a difference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement