Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on few bits

Options
  • 26-02-2010 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭

Newbie in here but do visit often to browse and look at styles of tattoo's.

Anyways, I've been on about getting one for a while and was looking first at getting stars and then decided on using stars in conjunction with my family crest. The crest says 'Lucent in Tenebris' - meaning 'They shine in the dark' and it has three stars on it.

I have three ideas (very little difference) that I did up myself, poorly enough, but some of you might be able to help push me in one direction or other. Here's the pics of the three styles:

2qd8lyw.jpg

2z8sp3s.jpg

2rzcp4o.jpg

Also, I was looking at getting it down my side or in a diagonal down the back of my ankle, does anyone have any ideas where would look best or what color stars would be best?

Many thanks for any responses. All ideas welcome.

Cheers. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

I really like the type of writing...its nice....but would you think about putting it in a verse rather than in 1 line......i'm not much of a one for coloured tats...i prety much just like black....i have seen someone lately with pixelated stars...they looked deeadly...although they may not go with the syle of writing...mant tattoo artists tho will sit down with u and tinker with the design to come up with something based on your idea.... they will know better what design will suit what area of you body best..they are the artist after all...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

^ That.

Plus, of the three, I'd go with something more like the last design you put up, for the purist reason that your family crest has three stars, why would you put more in the design?

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

Anyways, I've been on about getting one for a while and was looking first at getting stars and then decided on using stars in conjunction with my family crest. The crest says 'Lucent in Tenebris' - meaning 'They shine in the dark' and it has three stars on it.

I cant see your pics because im in work (something to do with the filter)
    But the funny thing is (well its not that funny)
    Your idea, stars and family crest just made me smile when i read as its basically my 2 forearms

I have 5 stars on my left forearm and my family motto as gaelige on my right forearm..
    Sorry to hijack but i love your idea, will have a look at your pics tomorrow when im at home

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Cheers for the replies.

By verse pippington, do you mean the Irish part underneat the latin part rather than a continuous line?

Also, was thinking of just doing it all in black or possibly black writing/black fill in the stars with light outline?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

yeah,, just putting it into 2 or 3 short underneath each other rather than i just 1 line...yeah that sounds good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Cheers for the replies.

By verse pippington, do you mean the Irish part underneat the latin part rather than a continuous line?

woo go for that. To be honest I thought iwas all the one language until you mentioned it there.
    Irish above latin of course :)

Advertisement