Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Options
  • 26-02-2010 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Got the first of my results back today(still have three more to do next week)

Maths-P1-77% happy enough with that,how did everyone else get on with there mocks?

Comments

**** off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Irish 98. Lost 2 because my margins were too wide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭wtrdfrd18

pathway33 wrote: »

oh my god..is that higher level?? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

pathway33 wrote: »
    Margins?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

82% in English hl

• Advertisement

fufureida wrote: »
    82% in English hl

i hate you.

lol..

not really but would seriously kill for that..

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SnowPretzel

I got 3 back so far

Maths(HL)-87
    Business(HL)-91
    Physics(HL)-77

wtrdfrd18 wrote: »
    i hate you.

lol..

not really but would seriously kill for that..

My examiner was really nice and for some reason loved my terrible paper one short story. He/She also overlooked some spelling errors.

If I had no spellingmistakes would have gotten an A. Bummer...

An A1 in english is so easy though. Being a beast at paper 1 is the key, do NOT neglect preparing for that.

I got 3 back so far

Maths(HL)-87
    Business(HL)-91
    Physics(HL)-77

Just had to say I overlooked your post but sweeeeeeet welldone!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Not meaning to rain on any parades, but mock results are often not very accurate, particularly with subjects like English.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

I must admit that I'm disappointed with my results so far! I know they're only the Mocks and they're badly corrected etc. but compared with other people in my school's results, they're not great (all HL)...

Maths - 60%
    Irish - 81%
    Biology - 78%

My Irish teacher thinks I should have got a lot more, she's not impressed at all, so she's going to get it recorrected :p

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SnowPretzel

Just had to say I overlooked your post but sweeeeeeet welldone!!!

lol thanks! You definitely bet me in English though!

dambarude wrote: »
    Not meaning to rain on any parades, but mock results are often not very accurate, particularly with subjects like English.

well aware of that but I am an A1 student :) will definately get an A with the proper work!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Maths - 60%

That's a good mock result. When I was doing my LC around 13 out of 15 in the class failed, but everyone got As/Bs/Cs in the real thing. I went from a C3 to an A1. HL Maths has so many different topics that it's nearly impossible to have everything revised for the mocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 falala

omg yous all got really good results fair play!
    2% gone for margins, crazy!
    i'd complain if i lost marks for that in english!
    60% maths dude, thats brilliant! you'l defo get an a1
    i got nothin back yet :( so nervous about english and maths OOPS!

. Being a beast at paper 1 is the key, do NOT neglect preparing for that.

Any tips on how best to prepare? What do you do?

Can someone explain to me what this margin thing is about? Is this an Irish language thing or are ye actually talking about typography?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Got 5 back so far...

English - 68%
    Biology - 75%
    German - 77%
    Home Ec - 71%
    Geography - 89%

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

/notices a couple of people who were practically living on the mocks spoilers thread >_>

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Lawliet wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me what this margin thing is about? Is this an Irish language thing or are ye actually talking about typography?

I think he/she is talking about actual margins, on answerbooks. Having said that, to lose marks for margins is ludacris - it wouldn't happen in the real thing (well of course not, considering you get the ruled booklets, but you get my meaning). What section of the Irish paper were the marks deducted? Paper 1, Paper 2, Listening :rolleyes:. Your teacher sounds ridiculous.

• Advertisement

I think he/she is talking about actual margins, on answerbooks. Having said that, to lose marks for margins is ludacris - it wouldn't happen in the real thing (well of course not, considering you get the ruled booklets, but you get my meaning).
    Ah, I've never heard of some losing marks for something like that before.

...Although I did hear of someone losing marks for drawing caricatures of Hitler and Stalin on the back page of their history script...

Lawliet wrote: »

oh yeah sorry....we had to provide our own paper which was a surprise to me so all that was left was the A0 size from the art room. It never occured to me to just fold it over twice and cut with ruler giving me 4 A4's so I happily wrote away on my A0 for x hours. I wanted to keep the margins in proportion to the size of the page thereby maintaining the integrity and respect of the examination. My teacher thought I was taking the michael so he docked 2 off my 40. And no it wasn't higher but thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt

Got 5 back so far...

English - 68%
    Biology - 75%
    German - 77%
    Home Ec - 71%
    Geography - 89%

:)

Well done kid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

How long do examcraft take to have papers corrected and sent back on average- anyone know?

How long do examcraft take to have papers corrected and sent back on average- anyone know?

On average I've heard about 2 weeks. In extreme cases, september

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Funny how some people who claim to be A1 students also knew exactly what was coming up. Kinda cheating yourself out abit don't che think :rolleyes:

Ive only two back so far..
    Geog (HL)- 75% - B2
    Math (HL)- 32% -Fail...:(

Over half of my maths class failed.. highest was 58%, but our teacher is brilliant. :confused: I know im going to commit fully til june but should i be really worrying? ..Im aiming for C1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Yupp2010

Is 450ish ( maybe a bit more) a good result for the lc? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

Yupp2010 wrote: »
    Yeah it's good imo, depends on what course you want though.

Yupp2010 wrote: »

http://www2.cao.ie/app_scoring/points_stats/LC09PTS.pdf yes it is. In 2009 it would have put you in the top 17.9% of candidates

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭elmoslattery

In my school teachers correct the mocks.Its not your own teacher but another teacher in the school who teaches the same subject.
    As far as I know Examcraft's markers dont have qualificatios so the markings proberaly woldnt be great....??

Advertisement