Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 knwaca

Got the 'big' two back, maths and english. A 58% in hl maths, was happy, just need to kick it up to a B now..and 84.4% in english, not to sound bitter, but seriously, .1% away from an A..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Not finished mine until Friday.. and then I have a 5hour art exam the week after.. ours are also sent away so I might not get some back until after Easter :o. thats what we were told anyway! :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Freakin4Leavin

My years LC business papers were marked soooo harshly...no one in the entire year got an a and normally were a smart enough bunch :O
    I normally get an A and i just got my result and got a C2 :( So annoying...
    Anyone else have really unexpected results/badly corrected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Freakin4Leavin

I got 0.5 percent away from an A! Half a percent are u serious!! Agh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭CiaraBelle

I've been getting A1s and A2s in English for the past two years, got my mock back (which I knew wasn't great but wasn't terrible either...) and got a C3....

I'm surprised at how much it's knocked my confidence in the subject. And it's not like I assumed I would do well, I'm really worried now because I was working very hard but apparently it's not enough...

Stupid mocks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

My years LC business papers were marked soooo harshly...no one in the entire year got an a and normally were a smart enough bunch :O
    I normally get an A and i just got my result and got a C2 :( So annoying...

I thought business was marked really hardly aswel. I got a low B and normally get A's. Ah well not much i can do about, just study i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

How many people have got stuff back?! I've only got maths and chemistry so far and we started them on Feb 1st. Getting impatient! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭CiaraBelle

I started Feb 1st as well and have them all back except for French and one maths paper... waiting for it to be sent back and lazy teacher respectively

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Hoping to get most back next week :)

Maths OL - C3 (Paper 2 let me down alot)
    Irish OL - C2
    English HL - C2 (Kinda dissapointed on that although my comparative was RUSHED and very short, Hoping against hope to hit a B2 come June)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Conor108 wrote: »
    Hoping to get most back next week :)

Maths OL - C3 (Paper 2 let me down alot)
    Irish OL - C2
    English HL - C2 (Kinda dissapointed on that although my comparative was RUSHED and very short, Hoping against hope to hit a B2 come June)

English is notoriously badly corrected in the mocks! Blame it on that :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bradence93!

i got 2 back so far:
    Geog(HL) 50%(not so great:()
    Spanish(hl) Oral:77%(delighted) Aural:66%(*not so bad) Written:45%(could be better) 58% overall best result i got since my junior!!!!:D:D:D:L:L:L

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭emperor_krunchy

i got 460 in my mocks last year
    and 270 in the actual leaving cert!
    Just don't be cocky about your results they mean pretty much nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Got Economics back today-A1-90% delighted with that was expecting a B1 at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bradence93!

got english back not too happy:((47% in higher)
    and biology absolutly delighted!!!(61% in higher):D
    only irish left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

65 in HL french! :D
    I seriously thought I was in for a massive kick up the thòn but just a small one. Hopefully aiming for a B in the real thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Please don't discuss the contents of Mock papers in this thread, that's what the other big one is for.

One post moved. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

I sure hope they mean pretty much nothing, all I got was a D in maths and c2 in French, Chemistry and Geography. Doesn't look good , I can pretty much swear that I failed english as well.... Good thing is, I did more study in the last 3 weeks(15 hours+) than for my Mocks, working my way up to doing at least 1 hour of study everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SnowPretzel

86 in chemistry!!!:D brings the total so far to 360/400. not getting english back till friday and god knows when ill be getting back geo:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Maher08

CiaraBelle wrote: »
    I've been getting A1s and A2s in English for the past two years, got my mock back (which I knew wasn't great but wasn't terrible either...) and got a C3....

I'm surprised at how much it's knocked my confidence in the subject. And it's not like I assumed I would do well, I'm really worried now because I was working very hard but apparently it's not enough...

Stupid mocks...
    Exactly what happened to me, confidence in english has taken a hit, people who mitched off for like 2 months got more than me :(

My english teacher told me that he got 61 in his mocks and an A1 in the Leaving, just shows anythings possible

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

86 in chemistry!!!:D brings the total so far to 360/400. not getting english back till friday and god knows when ill be getting back geo:mad:
    WOW i find chem really hard!

great result :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Maher08 wrote: »
    Exactly what happened to me, confidence in english has taken a hit, people who mitched off for like 2 months got more than me :(

My english teacher told me that he got 61 in his mocks and an A1 in the Leaving, just shows anythings possible

I got a D1 in my English mock last year. Totally crushed. Went to a grind to pinpoint what I had done wrong in the exam (my teacher was awful). It turned out to be about exam technique - timing, not panicking under pressure, etc. Long story short, it helped me up my game in exams (I'm normally an A student in class) and I got my A in the real thing. :) Don't worry too much about the mocks, or let them freak you out. They're a dry-run, a chance to practice timing, and more generally a kick up the backside. Spend a day or so taking stock and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

2 results so far. 73% in biology, although our biology teacher told us that the paper was far too easy (examcraft).

85% in history. Get in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Technology - Examcraft - 54%

I wasn't satisfied with that but I compared with some of the people that got higher than me in the class and they had a lot of the same answers as I did and I got zero marks for the same answers that they got full marks in. So in conclusion, the Tech corrector was a retarded monkey from the zoo on the loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Yupp2010

NufcNavan wrote: »
    2 results so far. 73% in biology, although our biology teacher told us that the paper was far too easy (examcraft).

85% in history. Get in there!

hahah yeah! Biology was way too easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Yupp2010

Stupid mocks...

Don't be too hard on yourself! First of all...When you get those A1s and A2s they're on a certain part of a course, Not the whole thing. For the mocks, you did grand! Plus, maybe you were a little too confident going in? If you're used to As then maybe you focused on other subjects more.? Think about it. You have 3 months. You could make a BIG difference, with the work needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Yupp2010 wrote: »
    Don't be too hard on yourself! First of all...When you get those A1s and A2s they're on a certain part of a course, Not the whole thing. For the mocks, you did grand! Plus, maybe you were a little too confident going in? If you're used to As then maybe you focused on other subjects more.? Think about it. You have 3 months. You could make a BIG difference, with the work needed :)

This is all true at Christmas I got a C1 in Economics that was just on what we had done in 6th year,so I started the revision then and got an A1 in the mocks,even 2-3 hrs a night makes such a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Only got one back and I got a very high C3 in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Stupid mocks...

I wouldnt worry- they are correctly generally poorly. When I did my JC mocks few years ago I got a D in English and went on to get an A in the real thing.

I'd just forget about it really tbh. Ask your teacher to correct it again for you perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

Just the three back so far:

Maths and app maths were A1's and chem was A2 but so damn close to the A1.

Going downhill from here :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

what total points did everyone get if you got all of the exams back

Advertisement