Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

It's been almost three full weeks since I finished my mocks, and I haven't gotten a single result back. Getting annoyed now, I wanna see how I done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Straight_As < You name doesn't lie o_O, I got a D2 in my Maths and the highest in the class was a C1.

The mocks obviously haven't kicked me hard enough because I've been sitting in front of my computer for the last 40 mins and I got tests tomorrow and 2hr+ of homework to do.

Ayumi, I'll tell ya when I get all mine back, my estimate is 320/600.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Freakin4Leavin

I got 42 % in maths HL...
    I dunno if i should drop to pass , anyone dropping or else anyone staying in honours even tho they only just about passed?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Points from the Mocks obviously mean absolutely nothing but the way some people I know are acting, you'd think that they actually just did the Leaving... I've got 470, waiting for one more so I might go up, not expecting to though :P So much can change, it's best to just learn from these and move on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

I dunno if i should drop to pass , anyone dropping or else anyone staying in honours even tho they only just about passed?

Stay in Honours! My teacher says that it's possible to go up 2 full grades with consistent work so keep at it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

i dont know if anyone has done this,
    but we signed a letter with the levels we want to do soo now you cannot change the levels

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

ayumi wrote: »
    i dont know if anyone has done this,
    but we signed a letter with the levels we want to do soo now you cannot change the levels

On the day in the leaving cert you can ask for a pass paper. In the JC its not allowed, in the LC its no problem.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

got all my reults back today, happy enough with them:

English (H) C2
    French (H) C3
    Business (H) C2
    Construction (H) D3
    Biology (H) F
    Irish (O) D3
    Maths (H) D3

LCVP Link Modules - Distinction

I put the results in a points calculator and got 350. I'm aiming for 400 in the real thing so I'm nearly there

On the day in the leaving cert you can ask for a pass paper. In the JC its not allowed, in the LC its no problem.
    Not true, I did the attending a couple of years ago for the Junior cert and some students did switch levels on the day: I was the one who had to go over to the office with the list of anyone who had changed. So unless they changed the rules about it in the last two years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Yeah, to pass honours maths at this stage is a big deal. Stick it out, you can always drop on the day as neon said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

This is correct my older brother dropped to pass maths on the day of the exam because he panicked,but he was fine in the end didn't need the extra points anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

If you managed to pass it at this stage, I'd say stick it out for a while anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

Biology H - 68%
    Irish H - 74%
    English H - 78%
    French H - 82%

Thats all so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

91% in bio.

I laughed. I was certain I'd got a C or a D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

Got my French (H) back today: 82%:D

These mocks are unbelievably slow at getting back, I finished mine before mid-term:(

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

digusted with music - 49%, i got half marks in the melody after making one mistake of forgetting to but in 1 raised 7th and did it in everyonther one
    disgusted

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

im just wondering if these people who are getting a's in their mocks cheated or not
    because if ye're all getting A's in mocks ye must all be genius' or else intel are right...!
    (im not trying to cause offence to anybody im just wondering as i didnt cheat and am getting C's and B's, as most people in myclass are)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jrk92

maths OL : B2
    Geography OL : C3
    English OL : C3
    Art HL : B2
    german HL : C2
    Polish HL : C1
    Construction Studies HL : B2
    Total: 350 points
    Is it possible I will get 450 in my LC? what do you think?

So far I've gotten:
    Chemistry (H) 69%
    Geography (H) 78%

Happy enough with them, the 69% is slightly cruel though; so close to a B but no cigar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

Somehow scraped an A2 in that nightmare deb physics paper.

I was delighted to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LL92

Anyone think some papers are being marked way too easy, and some way too hard?
    I got 81% in English (H), but I was convinced I didn't even get the honour! Nearly fell off my chair when she told me I got that!
    I was expecting Geography to be my best result, but it's my worst so far! (C1)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

My teachers corrected my exams (except for english which was sent away). I think they're being harsh, i got 79.6 in Biology and he won't round it up :( but it will only make me work harder! Overall happy with the results 365/500 with just english left to get but i need to bring it up if i want to get my course.

My teachers are correcting all my exams,I think it's better as they can point out where you went wrong and you get them back much faster I'll have all my exams back on Monday hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Fairly happy with my results so far, considering I didn't start studying til the mid term with the mocks starting the Monday after it, I've done very well!
    All higher:
    French: 82% (85% in Paper, 74% in Aural)
    DCG: 65% (Not making excuses but we've been swamped with the project since before Christmas (I know most other people were aswell, but still :P))
    Irish: 72% (Something like 83% in P1, 60% in P2)
    So out of three subjects I've roughly 230pts, I'm not complaining :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SnowPretzel

83% in English.Brings the total so far to 445/500. Only Geography left which I think i got an A2/B1 in ... so i'll probably end up with 530/535! Need at least 550 in the real thing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

Think everyone getting A's is either in pass or had copies of the exam.

I know ye're gonna say I had copies of the exams but I certainly didn't! Had one before I did it, the rest I didn't have and only put up for others after I did it! If I had the actual copies I would be getting A's or there'd be something wrong!

I got 410 D: Everyone is getting C's and D's in our school, which is usually relatively bright but not right now I guess, few A's to be sought.

Did anyone think the English papers were marked hard? Our class is supposed to be the highest honour class who usually gets all A's and B's yet we got the lowest results? We were give tonnes of 0's for the texts and half of our questions weren't corrected. One of the other classes all came out with mainly A's and they are quite bad at English from reading their answers..

gemxpink wrote: »
    There's a few people in my school who I'm certain must have looked up the papers: one in particular has been getting Cs in all our class tests is suddenly pulling As and Bs on some pretty tough papers. I'm surprised the teachers haven't copped it.

CiaraBelle wrote: »
    I've been getting A1s and A2s in English for the past two years, got my mock back (which I knew wasn't great but wasn't terrible either...) and got a C3....

I'm surprised at how much it's knocked my confidence in the subject. And it's not like I assumed I would do well, I'm really worried now because I was working very hard but apparently it's not enough...

Stupid mocks...

Try not to worry about it, our mock English examiner was really harsh and not worth the money! Our English teacher said to not worry about the mock because the correctors are usually just following a really strict marking scheme and if you don't phrase it the way it's written on the MS you wont get the points. You're doing fine, keep it up! :)

Lawliet wrote: »
    There's a few people in my school who I'm certain must have looked up the papers: one in particular has been getting Cs in all our class tests is suddenly pulling As and Bs on some pretty tough papers. I'm surprised the teachers haven't copped it.

Yeah, there's one lad who fails every accounting test yet got the highest, a B1, when 8/12 people failed, 2 got D's and 1 got a C. The teacher well knows and said his report will reflect his real grade :D

There's one girl who is also really bad at Irish and has been failing HL since 2nd year, got a D in her JC, a 23 in the premocks and pulled a 73. I'm sorry but that doesn't just happen.

• Advertisement

gemxpink wrote: »

I know ye're gonna say I had copies of the exams but I certainly didn't! Had one before I did it, the rest I didn't have and only put up for others after I did it! If I had the actual copies I would be getting A's or there'd be something wrong!

I got 410 D: Everyone is getting C's and D's in our school, which is usually relatively bright but not right now I guess, few A's to be sought.

Did anyone think the English papers were marked hard? Our class is supposed to be the highest honour class who usually gets all A's and B's yet we got the lowest results? We were give tonnes of 0's for the texts and half of our questions weren't corrected. One of the other classes all came out with mainly A's and they are quite bad at English from reading their answers..

I got an A1 in Economics without cheating two other lads in my class got the same-I think it may of had something to do with the fairly easy Economics paper though

Advertisement