Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LL92

Yeah, I agree. That's impossible. If someone's getting Ds and Es in (WAY easier) class tests, and then come out with a really high mark, they have to have known something. I totally disagree with knowing what's on the mocks before you have them. Isn't it a bit of a risk? How do you know what company you're gonna get? And isn't it SUCH a waste of money paying for them to be corrected if you cheat? Isn't it better to do really bad, realise you need to work, and then work really hard for the rest of the year and get a good LC? No one cares what you got in your mocks.
    I haven't come across anyone in my classes doing strangely well in the exams yet. Then again, before the mocks, all of the teachers were telling us not to look up the paper, but honestly, nobody had a clue what they were on about! No one knew how to get the papers unless you knew someone in a different school! Typical, word got around about boards AFTER the mocks.
    Just shows how isolated we are from the rest of the country here in the wesht! :P:P:P
    I've got a few of my mocks back.
    Doing all higher, so far.
    Irish- 91
    French- 90
    (No, I didn't cheat. That's all I'm good at! :P)
    Maths- 79 (thanks to the easy paper 1)
    English- 81 (marked WAY too easy IMO)
    The worst to come! :o
    My Home Ec teacher told me she'd be surprised if I passed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

Somehow scraped an A2 in that nightmare deb physics paper.

I was delighted to say the least.

feck thats great going
    you wil prob get a A1 now!!!

a fella in my class failed PASS physics
    wata fool!! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

irish_man wrote: »
    feck thats great going
    you wil prob get a A1 now!!!

a fella in my class failed PASS physics
    wata fool!! haha

Maybe he finds it extremely difficult. Why are you laughing about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

Mayoegian wrote: »
    Maybe he finds it extremely difficult. Why are you laughing about it?

how can you judge the situation when you dont even know the person
    well he is a waster nd taut he wud gt a A with no study...haha

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

irish_man wrote: »
    how can you judge the situation when you dont even know the person
    well he is a waster nd taut he wud gt a A with no study...haha
    This site requires posters to use English, not txtspit.

Please remember it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Anyone else have their exams corrected by the DEB (Dublin Examining Board)? They marked our ones, and I think they were quite tough when it came to marking the English Exams and Business Exams.

In English, I usually get an A or a B in my class exams and on Poetry and King Lear Q's that I do for my teacher, however in the Exam I only got a C2 or C3 i think.

And in Business, this is by far my best subject. I got an A in Junior, and have never got lower than an A1 since i started the Leaving Cert course. Its a subject I really excell in. Yet on the Mocks I only got a C1, and that was the highest in my year! I was really disappointed with it.

On the other hand though, the LCVP Link Modules Exam was marked very easily. I got 94%! About half the class got a distinction in the Exam (portfolio is a different story tho)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

dannym08 wrote: »
    Anyone else have their exams corrected by the DEB (Dublin Examining Board)? They marked our ones, and I think they were quite tough when it came to marking the English Exams and Business Exams.

In English, I usually get an A or a B in my class exams and on Poetry and King Lear Q's that I do for my teacher, however in the Exam I only got a C2 or C3 i think.

Same! Usually get a low A or a high B in class and got a C3 in the mocks.. Teacher said they were marked quite hard as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

My geography mock was marked far too easy; they gave me 20/30 on half a page of sh1te I made up on the spot! I wouldn't have given myself even ten marks for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Got all my mocks back today,
    English-C1-65%
    Maths-C1-68%
    Accountancy-A2-89%(Two marks off an A1:mad:)
    Economics-A1-90%
    Geography-B1-80%
    French-B3-72%

All at honours so that's 490 points-really happy with how they went

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

All mine back now too, except LCVP but whatever!

Got 450 and I need 530 in the real thing :( Seems so far away, anyone else feel like this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Got some of mine back today:

English (H) 88% A2. I'm a repeat though, so I'd say I can get an A1 come June,like last year. :)
    French (H) 89% A2. A mark off an A1. A single,solitary mark. :(
    Physics (H) 80% B1.
    Economics (H) 89% A2.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

look at ye with your 400+ points

i thought i was great with my 350 :mad:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

74% in Honours Irish, super proud:D

English (H) 88% A2. I'm a repeat though, so I'd say I can get an A1 come June,like last year. :)
    Physics (H) 80% B1.
    Economics (H) 89% A2.

Presumably you're repeating for medicine?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SnowPretzel

Have all mine back.

English-83%
    Maths-87%
    Chemistry-86%
    Physics-77%
    Business-91%
    Geography-87%

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Damn. Man we only started ours last saturday. English was a disaster today.:(

Presumably you're repeating for medicine?

Oh God no, medicine is not the course for me at all! I'm hoping to do the BCL Maitrise in UCD, which was 550 points last year (I think) so I'm aiming for 575. :) An increase of 110 points from last year....
    Well done with your results btw, they're excellent! Ye're all doing really well. :)

Physics (H) 80% B1.
    Economics (H) 89% A2.

Add chemistry to that:
    Chemistry (H) 86% A2.

Just have to get Irish back now. If I can bump up my A2s to A1s in June, I'll be happy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Finally got my english back today, bit disapointed as I thought it was marked pretty harshly :( Adding that to my others I got 430 overall which i'm happy about. Don't think it ill get me science in Trinity next year though so i'm hoping it improves a lot!

Add chemistry to that:
    Chemistry (H) 86% A2.

Just have to get Irish back now. If I can bump up my A2s to A1s in June, I'll be happy. :)

Good results there,what did you think of the Economics mock?-Our teacher reckons it was a bit too easy,aiming for 520 should be getable if I can get A1's in Geography,Accounting and Economics

• Advertisement

Got Business and Biology (both Honours) back today *gulp*
    66% in Business, fair considering the amount of effort I put in:p 75% in Biology. Ecstatic, seriously thought I had failed, 'twas a bítch of an exam. Still waiting for English, Home Ec., Maths and L.C.V.P. (which I hear we're getting tomorrow)

Good results there,what did you think of the Economics mock?-Our teacher reckons it was a bit too easy,aiming for 520 should be getable if I can get A1's in Geography,Accounting and Economics

Which one did you have? I had the examcraft one and thought it was tricky and not really typical of an economics exam, sort of ambiguous in places. But having seen the DEB one the other day, it was fairly easy. That said though, if you got an A1 in it you're set, you know?
    Judging by your results if you keep up the good work you'll get your points. Just don't get complacent-trust me on that one. :p

I got my art history paper back today: 66%
    Devastated. There I was expected an A or a high B at the lowest and I got handed that. Worst of all the corrector didn't even put on ticks or marks on the script -just the result on the cover- so I don't even know where I went wrong. That was a big blow to my confidence anyway...

Which one did you have? I had the examcraft one and thought it was tricky and not really typical of an economics exam, sort of ambiguous in places. But having seen the DEB one the other day, it was fairly easy. That said though, if you got an A1 in it you're set, you know?
    Judging by your results if you keep up the good work you'll get your points. Just don't get complacent-trust me on that one. :p

Yeah we had the DEB it was quite easy seperatd questions on S+D and Elasticity-our teacher kept me and he other lad who got an A1 back after class to tell us not to get over confident.
    What market structure question came up on examcraft? It was oligopoly on DEB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Lawliet wrote: »
    I got my art history paper back today: 66%
    Devastated. There I was expected an A or a high B at the lowest and I got handed that. Worst of all the corrector didn't even put on ticks or marks on the script -just the result on the cover- so I don't even know where I went wrong. That was a big blow to my confidence anyway...
    Ask your teach' to correct it?

Yeah we had the DEB it was quite easy seperatd questions on S+D and Elasticity-our teacher kept me and he other lad who got an A1 back after class to tell us not to get over confident.
    What market structure question came up on examcraft? It was oligopoly on DEB
    Oligopoly on mine too.
    :) Yeah, a few people in my class thought we were getting DEB and had the paper beforehand, I didn't look at it but when we got handed the paper their faces were priceless. My teacher gave it to us there on Monday to look at, lovely long questions indeedy.
    Honestly,I BSed so much in that exam that I was expecting a C or a low B so I have no idea where that A2 came from. The question were stilted and rather awkwardly phrased, 'twas weird.
    Aye, I got an A1 in my mock last year in economics and a B3 in the real thing. You don't want that to happen to you. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bradence93!

dannym08 wrote: »
    look at ye with your 400+ points

i thought i was great with my 350 :mad:

:D

yeah i thought i was brilliant with my 355 points with out studying!!!:mad:

but sure it's not too far from what i need:D

theowen wrote: »
    Ask your teach' to correct it?
    I doubt she's do it, and if she did I don't think she'd correct it properly: she's a artist first and loathes the history section and how it's suppose to be taught. I'd be better off tracking down an art history grinds teacher and paying them to correct, but that'd be way too much hassle! So feck it, it's only the mocks anyway.

78% in Home Ec. Humph.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LL92

*giggles* wrote: »
    78% in Home Ec. Humph.....

HUMPH!???:eek::eek:
    thats amazing! :D:D

Advertisement