Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cailin_donn

wow... congratulations everyone ye seem to have done great :)

I only have 3 back so far
    Maths-OL-87%-A2 (pretty amazing seeing as I honestly didn't open a book the night before either papers. I know EVERYONE says that but I actually didnt. I was too busy concentrationg on History and Irish!)

German-HL-71%-B3 (really happy with that as German is one of my weaker subjects, and we have only done 1 letter and 1 ausserung all year- we've been concentrating on oral and we changed teachers)

History-HL-67%-C1 (both happy and dissappointed with this one. I had why america went into Vietnam learned off by heart, but PURE forgot about why they had to withdraw!! so that was only a 3 page BS essay, but i thought my 1916 and stalin essay would bring me up, my teachers having a look at them to see where I went wrong!)

all in all, 195 out of a possible 260. not too shabby, praying that Irish and English will bring me up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

All back now! Finally..

4 A1's, 2 A2's, a B1 and B2

All hl

Delira

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

All back now! Finally..

4 A1's, 2 A2's, a B1 and B2

All hl

Delira

Pity... you'll have to change your user name now;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

dambarude wrote: »
    Pity... you'll have to change your user name now;)

I was doomed to let the name down from the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LL92

55% HL Music, sickened.
    Expecting at least 70% :(
    Marker was a ****** too, wrote on one of the girls answer books, "keep fractions for maths class, yeah?" what a dick!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

53% in Business
    Failed German though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

unknown13 wrote: »
    53% in Business
    Failed German though

The tape was a huge pain in the ass! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

unknown13 wrote: »
    53% in Business
    Failed German though

What Business paper did you get? 66%, was a tad disappointed:(

what did anyoe else think about music? how did ye get on? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

havent got mine back but bound to be a disaster. at this point if i got 300 or over i'd be elated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭robfullam

Got 93% In Music!! Wasnt too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

lads..... quite dissapointed!
    Well im happy for some i guess!
    A2 in Biology(hard DEB paper!),
    A2 in Home Ec,
    C1 in English (happy out, im a repeat so barely knew the texts when I did exam)
    C3 in Physics (gutted, experiments really let me down)
    D1 in Spannish (real wake up call... I've gone to hardly any classes this year)

All HL
    Still have Maths(OL) and Construction(HL) to get back....
    365 so far and one more to count... suuucks!

robfullam wrote: »
    Got 93% In Music!! Wasnt too bad

WOWWWW i'm so jealous! :eek::eek::eek:
    Well done, that's amazing! Any tips? :p
    Only got 20/40 on my melody, that didn't really bother me, but 38.5/60 on harmony!? (I thought I was good at them! :p)
    What paper did you get? Ours was deb. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭robfullam

Ours had the barcode whichever that is

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Fellow biologists, what did ye make of the "hard" DEB mock paper? Just done it today and wasn't as hard as everyone said, in saying that the short Q's were tough enough though....

Had a look at the other classes Examcraft mock, couldn't believe how easy it was, the LC will never be that easy...

Ya, I think that's what deb is anyway! Mozart Q1?
    Well done that's really good!
    The highest in our class was 70-somethin, and the guy who got it is UNBELIEVABLE at music! His practical is ridiculuously good though, so good that the teacher is making sure he goes last so he doesn't make us do worse! :p

Fellow biologists, what did ye make of the "hard" DEB mock paper? Just done it today and wasn't as hard as everyone said, in saying that the short Q's were tough enough though....

Had a look at the other classes Examcraft mock, couldn't believe how easy it was, the LC will never be that easy...

Ya it was actually ok! I did it and got a A2 but like some of my answers which are in my book were not accepted....
    For instance, what did you say for "what is a theory?"
    and ya the LC cannot be that easy, or if it is the marking scheme will be extremly strict!!!

Ya it was actually ok! I did it and got a A2 but like some of my answers which are in my book were not accepted....
    For instance, what did you say for "what is a theory?"
    and ya the LC cannot be that easy, or if it is the marking scheme will be extremly strict!!!

Wow an A2! Give yourself a pat on the back for that!:p Em, ya for that(just done it this morning), I said a theory is a hypothesis proven to be correct by using various experiments or something to that effect? What did you say? Oooh and what did you say for the very first Q, "What is the most simple form of a fat molecule?"...

LL92 wrote: »
    Ya, I think that's what deb is anyway! Mozart Q1?
    Well done that's really good!
    The highest in our class was 70-somethin, and the guy who got it is UNBELIEVABLE at music! His practical is ridiculuously good though, so good that the teacher is making sure he goes last so he doesn't make us do worse! :p

Done that DEB music mock on Wednesday, wasn't too bad, apart from the Irish music essay's, no Séan Nós or Harping Tradition....:(

thank you! ya i said something like that like that its a widely accepted idea proved by many observations , hypothesis and results... but I got zero for it! I must ask my teacher why cause thats what it says in my book!
    I said it was 3 fatty acids and a glycerol molecule cause I was slightly confused as to what they were looking for... I think the answer was lipid ! ahhh i was so angry with myself in the Q bout a rotein in skin or something, I wrote keratin down (which is correct) and changed it to menelin in my overview of the paper which is a copmpund like I'm such a fool!!

• Advertisement

Done that DEB music mock on Wednesday, wasn't too bad, apart from the Irish music essay's, no Séan Nós or Harping Tradition....:(

I know, haha, I made up some **** about Irish dance music, got 5/10 :)
    Really sickened with my result though. :(
    Good luck with it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Stacey.x

i got a D in science so far... which is absolute ****! lol!

thank you! ya i said something like that like that its a widely accepted idea proved by many observations , hypothesis and results... but I got zero for it! I must ask my teacher why cause thats what it says in my book!
    I said it was 3 fatty acids and a glycerol molecule cause I was slightly confused as to what they were looking for... I think the answer was lipid ! ahhh i was so angry with myself in the Q bout a rotein in skin or something, I wrote keratin down (which is correct) and changed it to menelin in my overview of the paper which is a copmpund like I'm such a fool!!

Really? Thats so ridiculous. Awh I wrote down a lipid, but was just talking to my teacher this eve and she said it was a tri-glyceride.:pac: Bummer, I had myosin down but then with 5 mins to go in the exam changed it to keratin so lucky! I've a feeling I got around a B2, but hey A2 your sorted!:p

I know, haha, I made up some **** about Irish dance music, got 5/10 :)
    Really sickened with my result though. :(
    Good luck with it :D

Ya i started talking **** about Irish music in America, "Whiskey In The Jar" and the likes.... I was even so stuck for musical examples I made up a song title called, "The Lonely Bogman":D Such bs!

Ara, no mind it's only the mock, keep your chin up, thanks!

Ya i started talking **** about Irish music in America, "Whiskey In The Jar" and the likes.... I was even so stuck for musical examples I made up a song title called, "The Lonely Bogman":D Such bs!

Ara, no mind it's only the mock, keep your chin up, thanks!

Haha sure at the start I couldn't think of a thing, so I pretended to do the ceili bands essay and wrote "WE'RE THE JOYCE COUNTRY CEILI BAND" across the page. Then I remembered a complete stranger was correcting it so I crossed it out, went to the back of the answer book and talked SUCH **** about dances. Eg. The double jig is in 6/8 time, it is a nice popular dance, often performed at concerts. HA!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Moshimoshi

If you didn't mention that a theory is supported by experiments, that is probably why you didn't get the marks...

"WE'RE THE JOYCE COUNTRY CEILI BAND"

Haha!! I was thinking the exact same thing, then realised oh **** this is a serious test!!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Redzer1991

these are what i got back so far:
    Engineering 92%
    Irish 88%
    Maths 61%
    LCVP 69%
    French 46% (absolute catastrophy)

Does any1 know where to i could get the marking scheme for the mocks?

and know any good websites for french tutorials or tips, as you can tell my result was a bit like the hindinburg. :rolleyes:

How did biology, english and tech graph go for yee?
    still waiting for english and biology to cum back, and we didnt do a tech graph mock due to the project, plus we aint got enough of the course covered yet.:D

Got all mine back now, except Geography. (I got a mark for it, but the corrector left out an answer book so my teacher has to correct it yet.)

All HL

Irish- 91
    French- 90
    English- 81
    Maths- 79
    Home Ec- 72
    Music- 55
    Geography- 55 (so far)

Fairly happy!:)
    Really disappointed with Music and Geog though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Yupp2010

jrk92 wrote: »
    maths OL : B2
    Geography OL : C3
    English OL : C3
    Art HL : B2
    german HL : C2
    Polish HL : C1
    Construction Studies HL : B2
    Total: 350 points
    Is it possible I will get 450 in my LC? what do you think?

Yeah! :) my teachers tell me to add about 15% to my mock results :) I think its realistic:)

Advertisement