Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Yupp2010

dannym08 wrote: »
    look at ye with your 400+ points

i thought i was great with my 350 :mad:

:D

Yeah I'm pure paralysed with the results I'm seeing here! maybe the standards at my school low :S lol. I want about 470 in the real thing....some of you are getting that in the mocks. I think there's something wrong? D: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Yupp2010 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm pure paralysed with the results I'm seeing here! maybe the standards at my school low :S lol. I want about 470 in the real thing....some of you are getting that in the mocks. I think there's something wrong? D: :pac:

Well for me my Christmas results were bad so that was a real wake up call since than I've put in fair amount of hard work,my results were all good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Got 475. Fairly pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Think I got the lowest results on boards.

Awesome...

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

My conversation with a fellow student, for this we will call him jim,

Me; what you get in french jim?

jim; 82% in higher level but i wasn't happy with it, what you get?

Me 35%.

I cant understand the logic behind that.. 3% of an A2 before the mocks and he wasn't happy..

anyone else have similar experiences?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LL92

ps3man wrote: »
    My conversation with a fellow student, for this we will call him jim,

Me; what you get in french jim?

jim; 82% in higher level but i wasn't happy with it, what you get?

Me 35%.

I cant understand the logic behind that.. 3% of an A2 before the mocks and he wasn't happy..

anyone else have similar experiences?

I know, it's still a really good mark, but maybe it's his best subject?
    I'm like that. If I got a B in French or Irish i'd have been kind of disappointed, but not because I think it's a bad mark, just cos I know I could do better than that in them subjects, and I'm depending on them, they're my only hope, etc. :p
    So maybe he feels the same! :)

LL92 wrote: »
    I know, it's still a really good mark, but maybe it's his best subject?
    I'm like that. If I got a B in French or Irish i'd have been kind of disappointed, but not because I think it's a bad mark, just cos I know I could do better than that in them subjects, and I'm depending on them, they're my only hope, etc. :p
    So maybe he feels the same! :)

put it this way, this guy got 500+ in the mocks, i just cant understand how someone could ever be dissapointed with anything over 75%.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

It's funny....most of the people here who got As/Bs in like everything could be found in the mocks thread desperately looking for exam papers and what to study. ;) The only mock paper I wanted and asked for was maths and I didn't even get it - got a D anyway. :p

All higher except maths

English - B1
    Irish - C3 or something like that
    Maths - D1
    Geography - B1
    Bio - C3
    Business - D3
    French - D3

380 or something overall. I have a lot of work to do to get what I need. Well done to 95% of the people here who got over 500 points already...you're sorted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

All I have back is Economics- A1....absolutely delighted. Music is woeful, have not done a pre-practical yet for the marks but looks like I'm gonna end up with a C1

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mercury127

I've got 440, my course was 440 last year so thats a bit too close for comfort. That's counting a C3 in Classical which was on the same day as Physics and thus suffered from a terrible lack of the ever so important last minute study. I haven't got Chemistry back yet and I think I did much better than a C3 so that should bring me up a few points. Although I'm really ticked off about my C1 in maths, I made loads of bloody stupid mistakes like misreading the question and randomly messing up signs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

put it this way, this guy got 500+ in the mocks, i just cant understand how someone could ever be dissapointed with anything over 75%.

He just has higher expectations of himself than you do.

I've been quite disappointed with most of my mocks so far, all of which have been over 75%. Decent marks alright but I should be doing better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Think I got the lowest results on boards.

I doubt it.
    A lot of those reading here do not post what they got because of the proliferation of people claiming high points.
    Don't take it as reflecting the 'norm'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Got maths back on Friday -75%
    I was a bit disappointed when I seen it, since it's only a sub-grade higher than what I got last year. But the fact that it's the highest result in the class sweetened the deal somewhat :p

Still waiting for English and Biology to re-emerge from where ever they're hiding. It's been almost five weeks since I finished the mocks, what on earth is taking them so long!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Yeah my english took that long aswel, I don't know what they were doing. I had maths back the next day and others the next few days. Almost wishing i didn't get english back now though!

RexMundi wrote: »
    He just has higher expectations of himself than you do.

I've been quite disappointed with most of my mocks so far, all of which have been over 75%. Decent marks alright but I should be doing better.

Fair enough you could be doing better, assuming thats all higher level then you have at least 480points which is more than enough for the majority of courses. I just don't understand how someone wouldn't be happy with that especially at this stage tbh. I want to do primary teaching in Pats next year which is less than what you got. I do have a high expectation of myself I just reckon anything below 50% is a disappointing result, not getting a b1 instead of a b2 is annoying not disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

It's all to do what you need for college, i got 400 points in my mox and im happy, only because i didnt get in any hardcore studying, i overall need 500 points for my course so like i believe i can get that.

In comparison my friend got about 520 and she isn't happy as she thought she did better and needs 560 for her course.

Some people jsut have higher expectations because of their course simple as, if your happy with 300 points for a 350 course then great :D but there isnt' anything wrong with not being happy about 480 if you need 540.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Moshimoshi

I do have a high expectation of myself I just reckon anything below 50% is a disappointing result, not getting a b1 instead of a b2 is annoying not disappointing.
    Anything less than what you think you deserve or what you worked for is a disappointing result IMO, you can't really put a specific percentage on it like that.

Moshimoshi wrote: »
    Anything less than what you think you deserve or what you worked for is a disappointing result IMO, you can't really put a specific percentage on it like that.
    This.
    A "good" result means nothing if it's not what you want and you've worked for. It's all relative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Aisling1992

We started our pres on the 22nd february. Think we had all DEB papers. Anyone know how long DEB papers take to come back??:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

We started our pres on the 22nd february. Think we had all DEB papers. Anyone know how long DEB papers take to come back??:)

well I sat my Mocks in January, I got them back a week and a half ago, so just over a month:eek: although there was a weeks holidays in there somewhere

• Advertisement

anyone have delays in getting deb economics paper back?.. we did our exam on feb 12 and no sign of them yet..

Got my complete art score back: 71%
    Not too shabby :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

English (H) 88% A2. I'm a repeat though, so I'd say I can get an A1 come June,like last year. :)
    French (H) 89% A2. A mark off an A1. A single,solitary mark. :(
    Physics (H) 80% B1.
    Economics (H) 89% A2.
    Chemistry (H) 86% A2.

Just have to get Irish back now. If I can bump up my A2s to A1s in June, I'll be happy. :)

Got Irish (H) back, 82%.

530 points,so. Slightly disappointed but hopefully I can bring it up by 30 points or more by June.

Er why are you disappointed? Ah yes I see your point - 530 points is a crap result. *facepalm* What a load of nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Zephyr91 wrote: »
    Er why are you disappointed? Ah yes I see your point - 530 points is a crap result. *facepalm* What a load of nonsense.

I'm a repeat. I need 560 or so. Surely after nearly three years of doing the Leaving Cert,I should be able to get what I want. I thought I had done better. I don't know if I can realistically go from 530 to 560 or so in such a short space of time,as it's difficult for me to establish where I went wrong.

I'd appreciate if my thoughts or feelings in relation to my results weren't described as "nonsense", thank you.

I'm a repeat. I need 560 or so. Surely after nearly three years of doing the Leaving Cert,I should be able to get what I want. I thought I had done better. I don't know if I can realistically go from 530 to 560 or so in such a short space of time,as it's difficult for me to establish where I went wrong.

I'd appreciate if my thoughts or feelings in relation to my results weren't described as "nonsense", thank you.

Well you must be doing something right if you got 530 in the mocks. Do what you're doing for another 3 months and you'll get close to 600. I just can't see why getting 530 in the mocks would be disappointing, even if you didn't quite get your points - it's not the real thing, you have loads of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

got back english and french. d2 and d1. thought i failed so happy enoug.

2 subjects in 105 points.....245 from 4 and ill be happy :D

350 was what im aimin for in mocks. will need about 380.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

Chill ffs, 530 is a fantastic score. You're repeating. You know the mocks aren't the real thing. Keep the head down and you'll get your points. You're in a good position.

Relax :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Biology B2
    Business A2:D
    History and english are prob going to take forever to come back!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

LOL... With them points you'd think you'd be smart enough not to be giving out about them points when others are getting half that.

Well done but take your head out of your arse

Advertisement