Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

LOL... With them points you'd think you'd be smart enough not to be giving out about them points when others are getting half that.

Well done but take your head out of your arse

Exactly! Thank you! Jaysus, if I got 530 in the Leaving nevermind the mocks I'd be doing backflips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

need 350 but it will probably go up

got 280 but i failed maths so it doesn't count

don't think i'll get it not enough time left

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Zephyr91 wrote: »
    Exactly! Thank you! Jaysus, if I got 530 in the Leaving nevermind the mocks I'd be doing backflips.

I don't think you get the point almostnevers making. Look at it this way. There may be someone out there who's course is 350, and they want to achieve the best they possibly can, if they get their results back and get 500 and see that they coulda done better then they might be upset. Same goes for someone who only has the ability to get around 200 points. You may think that thats nothing, but to someone else it may be amazing for them. No ones the same, and if he/she needs 560 for whatever reason then far enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

LOL... With them points you'd think you'd be smart enough not to be giving out about them points when others are getting half that.

Well done but take your head out of your arse

Read my post, for god's sake. I said slightly disappointed. SLIGHTLY. If that's "giving out" then... wow. But you know,thanks for making me cry. Really bloody needed that. You don't know me and you don't know the pressure I'm under. So just back off.

I don't think you get the point almostnevers making. Look at it this way. There may be someone out there who's course is 350, and they want to achieve the best they possibly can, if they get their results back and get 500 and see that they coulda done better then they might be upset. Same goes for someone who only has the ability to get around 200 points. You may think that thats nothing, but to someone else it may be amazing for them. No ones the same, and if he/she needs 560 for whatever reason then far enough.

Thank you. :) Really. I'm glad somebody kinda gets where I'm coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ok, chill, people!!

I'm tempted to hand out at least one infraction, but I can actually understand where both sides are coming from, so I will hold my hand ... for now!

If you are aiming for 350 and you got 300 (hypothetically) in the mocks, then I guess someone feeling disappointed with 530 must seem ... annoying. But on the other hand if you're aiming for 560, and it's your second time round, 530 IS slightly disappointing.

Put it this way ... if you score 3 perfect goals in a match, and the other team still win 4:3, it's still going to feel disappointing. It's all about what you need to go on to the next stage.

So ffs stop cutting the legs out from under one another, and give one another a bit of support. If someone is hitting their target, give them a cheer ... If someone isn't and is feeling down, accepting that that is how they are feeling is the minimum you can do.

Almostnever, 530 in the mocks strikes me as well on the way to what you need in the real thing, tbh. Worst thing you could do is get all paranoid and waste energy worrying. Take a deep breath, keep at it and be optimistic. ;)

• Advertisement

Ok, chill, people!!

I'm tempted to hand out at least one infraction, but I can actually understand where both sides are coming from, so I will hold my hand ... for now!

If you are aiming for 350 and you got 300 (hypothetically) in the mocks, then I guess someone feeling disappointed with 530 must seem ... annoying. But on the other hand if you're aiming for 560, and it's your second time round, 530 IS slightly disappointing.

Put it this way ... if you score 3 perfect goals in a match, and the other team still win 4:3, it's still going to feel disappointing. It's all about what you need to go on to the next stage.

So ffs stop cutting the legs out from under one another, and give one another a bit of support. If someone is hitting their target, give them a cheer ... If someone isn't and is feeling down, accepting that that is how they are feeling is the minimum you can do.

Almostnever, 530 in the mocks strikes me as well on the way to what you need in the real thing, tbh. Worst thing you could do is get all paranoid and waste energy worrying. Take a deep breath, keep at it and be optimistic. ;)

An infraction? Ah now it's just a little debate. Now if we had been masterdebating all over the thread on the other hand...

And in my defence, I did add:

"Well you must be doing something right if you got 530 in the mocks. Do what you're doing for another 3 months and you'll get close to 600. [...]it's not the real thing, you have loads of time."

Which is not only nice, but encouraging. ;)

AlmostNever - I apologise for any sadness I may have caused. Good luck getting your desired points and keep your head high!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

An infraction?!
    In fairness, you weren't first in the queue ... :p
    Now if we had been masterdebating all over the thread on the other hand...
    I really don't want to know whose hand was involved ... >_>

\passes the Kleenex

:p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

B1 in eng! sweet biotch! but my history mock has been lost...:(...
    almostnever, dont worry bout it. u have plenty of time! i do know where you are comin from but if ya freak out it seems so much worse..so don't! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Got my english back today, got 70% a B3, absolutely chuffed,

I only got 51% at xmas doing the full 2 papers so a huge improvement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Guys I'm fukin depressed I got my mock results today and they were disatrious

Maths ord 36
    eng Higher 38
    business. H 73
    l.c.v.p. 82
    French ord 60
    engineerin higher 18
    geography higher 58

For engineering this is my first yr dong it.

• Advertisement

@randylonghorn - they don't call you long horn for nothing eh!
    Guys I'm fukin depressed I got my mock results today and they were disatrious

Maths ord 36
    eng Higher 38
    business. H 73
    l.c.v.p. 82
    French ord 60
    engineerin higher 18
    geography higher 58

For engineering this is my first yr dong it.

Ah don't be depressed. You did brilliant in business and LCVP, and really good in French and Geography. You're only 4% off the pass in maths, and 2% from English - you can bring all of these scores up no problem with some study!

Your only result that is disastrous is engineering, but you only need 6 solid subjects anyway so it's all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LL92

@almostnever, I get where you're coming from. You're obviously working really hard cos you want them points, but relax! You're seriously stressed out! :p 85 days from today! :D Loads of time to up your points! 30 points? Think of it this way, only 5 points extra in each subject, which is only a few percent in some cases! Chillllll;)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

dambarude wrote: »
    Not meaning to rain on any parades, but mock results are often not very accurate, particularly with subjects like English.

well thank god! i got 415 without cheating even though ive been stdying all year until from 4 until one every night! i honestly thught id get more so im pretty dissappointed and im going all honours and got 6 a's and 5 bs in my jc so i think i should be able to get more

do you think its possible to get 545 now, bearing in mind im doing a 50% music practical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

ok 4-1am? thats just dumb

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

well thank god! i got 415 without cheating even though ive been stdying all year until from 4 until one every night! i honestly thught id get more so im pretty dissappointed and im going all honours and got 6 a's and 5 bs in my jc so i think i should be able to get more

do you think its possible to get 545 now, bearing in mind im doing a 50% music practical?

4 until 1 has to be counterproductive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

4 until 1 has to be counterproductive.
    This. They can't be getting much more than six hours of sleep. Not to mention you need to give yourself at least a couple of hours off at night.

leavingcert your study method seems to be all wrong. You're not going to learn anything if your tired and over worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

310 points so far. Still waiting for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Have all my results back.
    English: C1, a bit dissappointed but the marking seemed extreme.
    Business: B3
    Economics:C3 Did zero studying for it so shall raise it a bit.
    Maths OL: C3 ( should really have studied. :D)
    Irish: B3
    Spanish: C3,
    Biology: C3, really happy with this one but once again hope to raise it

So 400 overall, now I shall work my ass off for the next 2 months to hit 500. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CiaRa_TrueBlue

I must admit that I'm disappointed with my results so far! I know they're only the Mocks and they're badly corrected etc. but compared with other people in my school's results, they're not great (all HL)...

Maths - 60%
    Irish - 81%
    Biology - 78%

My Irish teacher thinks I should have got a lot more, she's not impressed at all, so she's going to get it recorrected :p

Are you serious..?? Why would ye be disappointed when ye got 81% in irish and 78% in biology..??

they're really good results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

What would be the average you could go up in each subject? What do people usually go up from the mocks in the actual LC?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

Business-c2(aiming for an a1 or a2 in lc)
    economics-c1(be delighted with that in lc)
    french-d1(c2 up in lc)
    english-d2(c3 up in lc)

thats like 245 if i get 2 d1s in my remianing subjects thats 350 which was my minimum ammount i wanted in mocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Finally got biology (82%) and English (52%) back. Delighted with biology, disappointed with English. My English teacher did tell us that mine and a couple of others were marked far too hard, while most others in the class were marked too easily. It seems the corrector was rewarding people for the length of their answers, and was unimpressed with my tiny handwriting....
    I'm going to ask my teacher to remark mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Got 70 in my geography.. dissappointed to be honest..

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

Finally got them all back:

History 91%
    Physics 87%
    Accounting 82%
    Irish 80%
    French 79%
    Maths 79%
    English 78%
    Applied Maths 70%

20 points above what my course was last year. Feeling pretty good about it (though some results are a tad disappointing..)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Failed all 7 of my mocks. This is what I remember:

English (O): 35%
    Irish (O): 19% (Absent for Paper 2)
    Maths (O): 9% (Absent for Paper 2)
    French (O): 37% (Skipped Oral to get Chinese food)
    Business (H): 20%
    Geography (H): Absent
    History (H): Absent

Was told I should be ashamed in myself in English, nope, still not feeling it. Though someone who just about passed was told good mark :rolleyes: If I finished the exam I would have passed, I didn't do the comparative or the essay. I took it really slow as I'm always finished half way through exams but it wasn't the case this time lol

Irish, did terrible in the aural. Maths, I'm gonna do the Foundation exam, French, if I did the oral I'd have passed, I also didn't do any of the letters. If I finished the business exam I'd have passed, ran out of time cos I took it slow without realizing how much time was needed for the long questions, Geography I'll pass with a bit of work, I like that subject. History, dropping to Ordinary.

Yeah that was pretty much it, no doubt there's a tad bit of bias in my results. When we went through the maths paper in class the teacher said nobody got X question right and I did. It would kill her to admit I was the only one in the class who got it right. Question 1 Paper 1 wasn't hard, the rest of the paper was lol all that algebra and ****e.

If I buckle down after Easter and finish my exams I'll do fine, especially thanks to the fact my teachers won't be correcting it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

DaveyDave wrote: »
    (Skipped Oral to get Chinese food)

I lol'd

My mocks are taking fcuking ages to come back!
    So Far:
    English (H) 53%...I'll try to get that up to a c3 in the real thing

Maths Paper 1 (O) 81% (Paper 2 is project maths and the dept are correcting it..I should get that back between now and...November lol)

French (H) 39%.. Thought I done much worse seen as I can barely understand the feckin language at all! We didnt do a mock oral

Irish Oral (H) 95% :)...Papers have yet to come back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Our english paper 2 came back today. HAs to be the most woeful correction of a paper I've ever seen. Whoever it was that corrected it clearly has never corrected a state exam in their life! All of the scripts had arrogant, outlandish and inappropriate remarks- some of them had post it notes attached with comments that there is no need for such as "You could write for Ireland but this is not an answer" and things like that. They also seem to think that every word with an S needs an apostraphy (sp?) like.....Decisions....The feedback sheet had every word with an S with an apostraphe and also every single word with an S was underlined in everyones scripts! Needless to say we are all livid so my teacher has complained about this shoddy service which we had to pay for and has posted back the scripts to be remarked.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Moshimoshi

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Was told I should be ashamed in myself in English, nope, still not feeling it. Though someone who just about passed was told good mark :rolleyes:
    In these situations, how good or bad a mark is considered to be is relative to the person's ability and can't really be objectively rated good or bad. If that person was only capable of passing, then a pass IS a good mark. But if you are capable of a higher mark than you got, it's expected that the teacher would give out...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

My results all honours bar Irish:

English: 44% D3 (hope for C3 at least even though I was reccommended OL-I used to be a high C/B student till my old teacher got pregnant and is no longer teaching us- she was incredibly hot too I know irrelvant but just havta say it LOL)

Irish (OL): 69% C1 (Prob won't use this anyways)

Maths: 52% D1 (Very happy if I get a C3 in real thing but still think I might even fail)

Geography: 66% C1 (Happy enough hope for a B though)

Ag Science: 74% B3 (Hoping for an A2/1 in real thing)

Accounting: 51% D1 (Hoping for a high B or A, teacher thinks I'm capable but not sure if I have enough time and the theory parts are looking sketchy)

French: 53% D1 (Delighted with this because I'm hopeless at it teacher was very surprised and said I'd need a lot of work to retain the result)

LCVP: 62% Merit or Pass I'm not sure (should get a merit anyways)

Thinking of Business St. in UL (390 last year) or commerce Galway (360 last year). So should be able get it but how much can I expect the points to go up for these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

our English teacher got pregnant as well
    and I was recommended for ordinary
    I got 38 in the mocks

yesno1234 wrote: »
    My results all honours bar Irish:

English: 44% D3 (hope for C3 at least even though I was reccommended OL-I used to be a high C/B student till my old teacher got pregnant and is no longer teaching us- she was incredibly hot too I know irrelvant but just havta say it LOL)

Irish (OL): 69% C1 (Prob won't use this anyways)

Maths: 52% D1 (Very happy if I get a C3 in real thing but still think I might even fail)

Geography: 66% C1 (Happy enough hope for a B though)

Ag Science: 74% B3 (Hoping for an A2/1 in real thing)

Accounting: 51% D1 (Hoping for a high B or A, teacher thinks I'm capable but not sure if I have enough time and the theory parts are looking sketchy)

French: 53% D1 (Delighted with this because I'm hopeless at it teacher was very surprised and said I'd need a lot of work to retain the result)

LCVP: 62% Merit or Pass I'm not sure (should get a merit anyways)

Thinking of Business St. in UL (390 last year) or commerce Galway (360 last year). So should be able get it but how much can I expect the points to go up for these?

Advertisement