Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PROJECTOR ??????

• 26-02-2010 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hey fallas .....

I have a big white empty attic with an xbox 360....

I was just wondering is it worth getting a projector so i can have the xbox playin on the wall , and movies ?????

any advice ??????
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes get one. My brother plays rock band on a bit white sheet they have hung across his attic. Looks fantastic on it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 WanaBeVet

jus wonderin will the quality in the picture get lost if ya get me ??????
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I have a 720p projector, at first i had the image projecting onto a cream coloured wall and the image was pretty good. As long as the room is fairly dark you'll get a nice image. Getting a proper screen improves things a great deal though if you can manage the expense.

Wat sort of expense am i lookin at ??????

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

don't go mad, get a second hand one to begin with, don't foget about sound

• Advertisement

WanaBeVet wrote: »
    Wat sort of expense am i lookin at ??????

Mine was £499 for the PJ, £150 for the screen and £50 for the bracket. So £700ish to get everything. I already had the 5.1 system so i hooked it up via optical cable.

sounds alright .... ill go wit somethin like tat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

the one my brother had did have an exelent picture. It was made by Epson but i have no idea of the model number. Looked great, I even used it on my lap top and played somem call of duty, looked fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Iv a Benq W500 720p, brilliant machine, only downside is the one HDMI input. Id definitely recommend a projector! Just make sure you have decent curtains!

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Iv a Benq W500 720p, brilliant machine, only downside is the one HDMI input. Id definitely recommend a projector! Just make sure you have decent curtains!

I've a Benq W600, which i think is the latest version of the W500, it has 2 HDMI sockets. Really good budget PJ.

• Advertisement

Tats deadly lads thanks ..... :):):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Also have a projector. Mine only does 720p but its still awesome..Ive no screen but a white/cream wall will do.

my setup came in under 600 for projector/5.1 sound and projector stand(I used a professional photographers stand, works very well).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

I have a Sanyo PLV Z1 which is well old at this stage. I hook it up via component cable and run 720p/1080i. It's bloody great, I even project it onto a dark green wall in my parent's place when I'm down there the odd time and it does the job perfectly well.

This all sounds great lads :):):)

sorry but wat is this 5.1 sound ???? is it like just speakers all around ???????

i'm not very technically minded :Phaha

Advertisement