Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

needing some support lol

Options
  • 26-02-2010 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

OK, so call me crazy, but im taking up agricultural science and religion. Now. I need to, I need the points, everyone tellng me im crazy, someone give me some encouragement lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭wtrdfrd18

what are you hoping to do??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭BrokenHeels_Ox

SLT hopefully! 515 so i reallly need the 7 honours subjects! Do u think this is possible? What r u hoping to do in collegE?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Are you sitting the leaving this year? If so then you are crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭BrokenHeels_Ox

Yup this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I don't do either but I heard religion isn't as easy as people make it out to be, I think there's a lot of work involved. Not sure if you'd get it done. Good luck though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Yup this year

What about the supervised projects in both subjects? When do you have to let the exams gang know you are sitting the extra subjects? Could be already too late to do that.

Focus on what you have now

I dunno about Ag Sci (although I imagine it has a large course like Biology) but Religion is definitely more difficult than you'd think. It's not basic cop on/general knowledge like most of the JC course was. Honestly I think if you take up not one, but two new subjects at this stage you're going to really damage your results as a whole, because you're going to have devote so much time to learning the material that all your other subjects will suffer. I don't see how anyone could make that work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭wtrdfrd18

do you not think it would be better just to focus on what you already have???

I know there is definetly course work for both of those subjects, as aswell and 2 years of theory.

If I were to advise you id say...work solidly on what you already have, hope for the best in the leaving. Then if you dont get it repeat next year.
    If youre really sure that you want to to SLT, then you should really mind the extra year.

And with all the extra work load, you might end up repeating anyway..so.. yeah.. youre friends are right when they tell you you are cracked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 wexford_lad

hey i do ag science and its actually harder than youd think. to do well you really have to do alot of work on it. theres also a project and 54 experiments which have to be written up...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Honestly I think if you take up not one, but two new subjects at this stage you're going to really damage your results as a whole, because you're going to have devote so much time to learning the material that all your other subjects will suffer. I don't see how anyone could make that work.
    This.

Op just concentrate on getting the best result you can in your current subjects. There's no way you can pick up two more two year courses -both with projects- while studying all your other subjects with only three months left, and get over 500 points. You're deluding yourself if you think otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

SLT hopefully! 515 so i reallly need the 7 honours subjects! Do u think this is possible? What r u hoping to do in collegE?

You should look at other ways of becoming a speech therapist like doing linguistics in ucd under arts which is 360 points and then do a postgrad in SLT.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Ag science projects have to be completed by March 31st so it is too late really to start the subject. It's also crazy trying to complete a 2 year course in 3 months. That and the fact that a teacher has to supervise the project and sign off on it pretty much puts a spanner in the works. No teacher is going to put their name to a project and student that materializes out of nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Here it's well too late to be taking up new subjects. Not even just from a study point of view but, like, the SEC have already taken your subject choices. Don't you remember signing the sheet??

Advertisement