Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poetry Notes

Options
  • 26-02-2010 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

If anyone has sample answers, notes and essay layouts for either derek wallcott, eavan boland, adrienne rich and michael longely it would be greatly appreciated. Please pm me if u are willing to share and I will pm u my email addy.

Peace x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

fufureida wrote: »
    If anyone has sample answers, notes and essay layouts for either derek wallcott, eavan boland, adrienne rich and michael longely it would be greatly appreciated. Please pm me if u are willing to share and I will pm u my email addy.

Peace x

Bumping this thread cus I'm kinda desperate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭BrokenHeels_Ox

tried sparknotes?

tried sparknotes?

Yes and they were a life saver for king lear but dont have much poetry notes!

what poetry book do u have

Poetry now...and I find the critical commentary just too much info!

• Advertisement

thats the one i have, and i do agree, the notes at the back are just too indepth altogether!

ive heard this is good, but havent had a look at it myself unfortunately :(
    http://www.schoolbooks.ie/159056-New+Explorations+Critical+Notes+for+2010+Gill+%26+MacMillan+School+Book

what poets are u planning to study?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Moshimoshi

thats the one i have, and i do agree, the notes at the back are just too indepth altogether!

ive heard this is good, but havent had a look at it myself unfortunately :(
    http://www.schoolbooks.ie/159056-New+Explorations+Critical+Notes+for+2010+Gill+%26+MacMillan+School+Book

what poets are u planning to study?

That book is really good, I was just going to recommend it.

OP, I doubt anyone here can give you better notes than what you could find with an LC poetry book or a bit of Google. How can notes be too in-depth??

I find they give me information that I would never use in a question, yes, they are good notes, but I personally wouldnt use them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Ffs, if there's too much info in the book, read the notes, pick out what is important and write your own notes instead of looking for someone to hand you all their notes on a plate:rolleyes: What about your teacher's notes?

As for an essay plan: intro, poem 1, poem 2, poem 3, poems 4 & 5, conclusion.

The notes in the back of the book deal with 2 or 3 pages of an in depth study. It's hard to decide what's relevant and shat isn't; besides, you only need half a a4 page per poem... I need something that's more concise and accesible. I'm writing an essay not a thesis.

Poets are boland longley Walcott rich and yeats. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

fufureida wrote: »
    The notes in the back of the book deal with 2 or 3 pages of an in depth study. It's hard to decide what's relevant and shat isn't; besides, you only need half a a4 page per poem... I need something that's more concise and accesible. I'm writing an essay not a thesis.
    Not really. Most poetry essays want you give a personal response so come up with your own opinion and then pick parts from the notes that back your opinion up.

Advertisement