Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hughes & Hughes closed down this evening

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Kewl. I was in there yesterday and they were still closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 grahamg13

which one were u in? only the profit making 1s are open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

The one opposite Tesco was still closed yesterday. Is there more than one in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Dunjohn wrote: »
    The one opposite Tesco was still closed yesterday.

And today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭robo

I know that this is a Galway forum but regarding Hughes & Hughes, the one in Dundrum in Dublin is now open, I was in it today and I was told that others will be open soon. They have new books also, so they are not juist selling off old stock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I wonder will they accept gift cards / vouvhers. I've €80 worth of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭robo

I posted more about this on the Pigsback forum as people there had got vouchers from Pigsback and I know like others, that Pigsback sent out a batch of vouchers the week before that Hughes & Hughes closed as I got mine then after waiting 2 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

yeeehaa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I read on some forum, could be the Galway one that they'll honour vouchers/gift cards, I've got over €100 worth that I got from Pigsback just before they closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭NauP

It's not re-opening in Galway SC.

• Advertisement

Galway isn't reopening
    http://www.rte.ie/business/2010/0603/hughes.html
    These shops include four in Dublin - the group's flagship store in St Stephen's Green shopping centre, its Dundrum Town Centre shop, its shop in the Omni shopping centre in Santry as well as its shop in the Pavilions shopping centre in Swords. The store in Ennis is also being bought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

The shop in Ennis is now open as of last week, happy shopping...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I noticed this is an Easons now, they still have all the H&H fonts on the signs and stuff. The place was completely deserted at lunch, same for the little cafe inside it which seems to have reopened aswell. I think its only selling books and nothing else though, and they seem to have taken all the H&H stock and whacked Easons stickers on them while keeping the ridiculous 2X-3X Amazons prices on everything. Doesnt seem like a good idea to me, hope they can turn a profit in there with the rent etc.

I doubt headlines would be happy if a third shop started selling papers and magazines. They don't have the space for it really.

I wonder if Zhivago looked at expanding their store?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I wouldnt say theres a hope of Zhivago expanding anywhere, Eyre Square and Terryland shut down and a really cheap and nasty vibe to the Shop Street one when I was in there for the first time in about 3 years the other day, its like one of those temporary shops that open at Xmas now.

I dont know how Headford Road is still open either tbh, its always empty with 3 members of staff chatting at the counter.

Advertisement