Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

GTX460SE < GTX460LE < GTX460 < HD6850 < HD5850

The second review had lots of TWIWMTBP and DX11 games, all of which favour the GTX460 over older cards, and it also stated that the given readings were mostly borked as all the AMD cards was having huge issues with 11.3, earlier drivers gave higher FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Chosen wrote: »
    Gskill 8Gb (2x4Gb) kit, same specs (1333, CL9) from an Irish shop at €75 with free shipping:
    http://www.memoryc.com/computermemory/ddr3ram/8gbgskillpc310600ntseriescl9dualkit.html

Hmm, wonder what the downsides to 16gb of ram would be :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Can too much awesomeness harm your pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

The money could have went towards a SSD?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Chosen wrote: »
    Gskill 8Gb (2x4Gb) kit, same specs (1333, CL9) from an Irish shop at €75 with free shipping:
    http://www.memoryc.com/computermemory/ddr3ram/8gbgskillpc310600ntseriescl9dualkit.html

(I already bought a kit, came the next morning in less than 24 hours from ordering biggrin.gif)

I'd always recommend buying from an Irish company too - I'm always discouraging people from ordering from Hardwareversand. Have Ordered from MemoryC many times - highly recommended.
    mikeire wrote: »
    I think those €8 is not too much and Corsair is much better brand!!!

Exactly how are Corsair a 'much better brand' than GSkill? I take it you haven't been into PC building long.

GSkill are excellent (always have been), and I would easily recommend not only paying less for the same spec kit, getting free shipping, and keeping the money in the country.

But everyone to their own I guess :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fnz wrote: »
    The money could have went towards a SSD?

Aye, seems like a waste of €75 that could be better spent elsewhere!
    8GB should be more than enough memory for anybody, but if you've got the cash to burn and ever come remotely close to using up all of your current memory (I doubt it), then go for it...

The only time I've seen my memory usage max out is when I'm running multiple VMs with far more memory than they could possibly need, or that stupid chkdsk bug that MS insist is intended behaviour...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Some good prices on GPUs @ Ebuyer this weekend. Shame they don't deliver to Eire.

GTX 560 from £126
    HD 6950 from £128

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Fnz wrote: »
    Some good prices on GPUs @ Ebuyer this weekend. Shame they don't deliver to Eire.

GTX 560 from £126
    HD 6950 from £128
    if anyone genuinly wants one of these with no means to get it, ive got family in the UK i can get it posted to and they'll forward it onto me/you.

its a real pitty they dont have a 2gb version on discount, 1gb just doesnt seem to be enough for eyefinity.

EDIT: the GTX 560 is now labeled as out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

€150 for the 6950 plus another €20 or so for shipping to Ireland. Not too bad, although you can get the 2 GB version for €210 on HWVS.

that GTX 570 in BA cant wont be shipped to Ireland FWIW

EDIT: test run to my family in UK:
    Items: £207.72
    Postage & Packing: £3.99

Order Total: £211.71

and according to royalmail.co.uk, @1.25kg, it can be delivered to your door for £20.50 (and insured for upto £250).

Total: ~€263 delivered. not too shabby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

freestyla wrote: »
    OCZ 2.5" Vertex 2 SATA II Solid State Drive (SSD) - 120 GB

€ 174 Inc. VAT

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/5759117/art/ocz/2-5-vertex-2-sata-ii-soli.html

Just be wary of the "missing 5GB" issues with these. IMO, the C300 128GB is better value for the ~€190 it's going for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

What should I expect to pay for a DVI cable?
    I've never bought one before, been using cables that came with my monitors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

/\/ollog wrote: »
    What should I expect to pay for a DVI cable?
    I've never bought one before, been using cables that came with my monitors.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/DVI-D-Male-DVI-D-24-1-Pin-Dual-Link-Cable-Gold-1-5m-/250802824305?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item3a65036471

€8 delivered
    Decent quality and dispatched from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

AMD 955 black edition now sub 100 euros on hardwareversand.de

That coupled with the ATI 5850 graphics card (seems to have disappeared from hwvs at the mo?)

incorporate those into a sub 450/500 euro build to make a system that can run any game out there with ease - crazy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Serephucus wrote: »
    Crysis for €3.74
    Warhead for €2.49

Steam sale. Available until tomorrow, around 18.00.

Thats a great deal. I never played Warhead. Gonna buy it now :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I feel robbed after I bought them both for a fiver each at the Christmas sale :pac:

I didn't know that games were hardware. :pac:

Hmm... both together are €5, if you buy as a pack. That's very cheap but I probably wouldn't have time to play both. I've heard warhead > original, but should I just get warhead and not bother with the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Monotype wrote: »
    I didn't know that games were hardware. :pac:

Hmm... both together are €5, if you buy as a pack. That's very cheap but I probably wouldn't have time to play both. I've heard warhead > original, but should I just get warhead and not bother with the other?

I'd get them both as I found they're quite different games in their own right; I prefer the first Crysis over Warhead though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I'd get them both as I found they're quite different games in their own right; I prefer the first Crysis over Warhead though.

I'd have to agree with that. I still prefer to go back and play Crysis 1, rather than Warhead (though it's nice for a change as well).

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

AMD Phenom II X4 Quad 955 Core

What a price! Chance to make use of my brother in London for once.

• Advertisement

deejer wrote: »
    AMD Phenom II X4 Quad 955 Core

What a price! Chance to make use of my brother in London for once.
    Agreed. Ive ordered 1 anyway. anyone know if it comes with thermal compound or if ive to buy my own?

EDIT: seems the thermal compound is already applied to the heatsink. not much use to those who have their own coolers...

EDIT 2: is this paste any good? ive ordered it but if i can get better value or cheaper somewhere else let me know ASAP so i can cancel anyone?

AS5 is great. The arcticlean wouldn't go amiss either.
    It's similarish price at memoryc, €8.29 delivered, but I assume you have free delivery anyway.
    http://www.memoryc.com/pccomponents/coolingproducts/articsilver5thermalcompound35g.html

Looks like a good time to upgrade for AM3. Hopefully they'll throw a few delivered straight to us at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Monotype wrote: »
    AS5 is great. The arcticlean wouldn't go amiss either.
    It's similarish price at memoryc, €8.29 delivered, but I assume you have free delivery anyway.
    http://www.memoryc.com/pccomponents/coolingproducts/articsilver5thermalcompound35g.html

Looks like a good time to upgrade for AM3. Hopefully they'll throw a few delivered straight to us at some stage.

AS5 is good, but has a fairly long curing time, I'd say try and find MX3 if you can, if not, AS5 is very good still

I see that one of the crowds that had it at this price is no longer available so went with another.

Didnt notice they had the compound already applied. That sound strange does it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

I see that one of the crowds that had it at this price is no longer available so went with another.

Didnt notice they had the compound already applied. That sound strange does it??

TIM already on the box cooler ? Nope, thats standard fare usually, only time ive never seen TIM pre applied was with an E2200

i placed an order with "ASL" and they canceled my order within the hour (at this time of night!) saying that they were out of stock.
    i placed a new order with "extremepcsuk", hope it gets through anyway.

actually, it better, cause it told me i couldnt cancel my order of AC5 paste after i tried to cancel it and go with memoryc as pointed out by Mono. support Irish and all that. but what am i going to do with paste and no CPU to change?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I've used AS5 for years and never had an issue.

There was also TIM pre-installed on the heatsink of my E5300.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    i placed an order with "ASL" and they canceled my order within the hour (at this time of night!) saying that they were out of stock.
    i placed a new order with "extremepcsuk", hope it gets through anyway

Same here. But starting the have my doubts now.

aaaaaand my order went from "shipping" to canceled. **** sake. ive just spent £7 on artic 5 paste, that isnt even being delivered to me in ireland but family in the UK. more delivery charges. excellent. thanks for wasting my time and money amazon :mad::mad:

• Advertisement

If it looks too good to be true and all that..............

Same thing here. Starting to think that this might not be a bad option since I am looking to upgrade. Another £40 onto what the 955's ACTUAL price is.

Same CPU as you at the moment @Tea_Bag so interested to know what you planning on doing now

Also wondering if anyone did get their order placed for the 955 yesterday the that price??

Advertisement