Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Moved from non-discussion section, without Dublin_Gunner's permission: :D
    Fnz wrote: »
    That Asus GPU is now showing as €200 for me.

Mofo's. Typical Pix messing up their prices.

Funny thing is, when you click on it, and it then states 200 - it also states 'sale' so someone messed up somewhere.

Yeah, experienced another bug last week. I saw a 64gb SSD for €68 amongst the SSD listings, clicked to buy... €168.

Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Would a 120GB Vertex 2 E @ €168 be a bargin? I think it is. AFAIK, OCZ were replacing the 25nm nand drives with 34nm ones, if that were an issue.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

lmao i was so confused, didnt see the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

lmao i was so confused, didnt see the end!
    Some naive person will end up hating Dublin_Gunner because they too missed the bit at the end and had not idea what they were getting into. :D
    I smile now, only because I saw the bit at the end of his post. I pray that someone doesn't fall for it. On your head be it, Dublin_Gunnner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

The funniest thing is that he is convinced that this is a good price. Its fellas putting systems like this up on adverts that ruin it for everyone else. What are people who dont know the actual worth of these components supposed to do. It means that anyone bidding on a pc now automatically goes in way under the asking price.

There has been alot of effort put into updating adverts lately and making it more "user friendly". Is there not a way of stopping people putting up stupid asking prices for average builds?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

If its blatantly overpriced I just report the ad for profiteering. Like this one:
    http://www.adverts.ie/hardware/radeon-6870-for-sale-or-swap-for-netbook/660014

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Jonny7 wrote: »
    I think they add 21% VAT at the checkout for Irish buyers.

Unfortunately the i5 2500k is well within that budget, and its a good bit faster

Moved Jonny7 :)

Not with the ROG MB. Eur450 would probably get you this build with the new Crosshair V and mean you wouldn't need to upgrade your MB for a long time. Would be taking your chance with the new CPU's but I like how they are sounding so far

EDIT: Just see that the 8 series AM3 boards are compatible with a BIOS update

http://event.asus.com/2011/mb/AM3_PLUS_Ready/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

deconduo wrote: »
    If its blatantly overpriced I just report the ad for profiteering. Like this one:
    http://www.adverts.ie/hardware/radeon-6870-for-sale-or-swap-for-netbook/660014

Some poor sods are a bit clueless and they get ripped in a local bricks and mortar store..

I went into a shop in the city a few weeks back to quickly get some molex cables and they had a 7600GS for 130 euros

Some poor sucker will buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I think they add 21% VAT at the checkout for Irish buyers.

VAT in the UK now is 20%, so you'd only be getting an extra 1% of the ex VAT price on top of the inc VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

how terrible is this that it's 20 euro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I would say that the 5450 would be ideal for anything but gaming (web browsing, HD movies etc)

/\/ollog wrote: »
    how terrible is this that it's 20 euro?

Excellent media centre or backup card.

Good for encoding video etc Defo worth 20 snots.

It would run some older games reasonably well - e.g., Valve's source engine should run nicely. For newer titles, you might have to turn the detail and resolution down a lot, if it is actually playable.
    Some 5450s allow you to use three monitors, although you certainly wouldn't be able to game at this resolution.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

very very very sorry for offtopic, but will it be better then 8800gt? would i still need a psu for it? dells 375 ( but gt needs 400, but still works with 8800gt perfectly)

i know no discution. pm me if you know. thanks!

I'd need to know exactly what model the 8800 is (theres about 20 of them :P) but it should be slightly better. It would however run at a much lower power so your PSU would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

deconduo wrote: »
    I'd need to know exactly what model the 8800 is (theres about 20 of them :P) but it should be slightly better. It would however run at a much lower power so your PSU would be fine.

its from dells 8800gt bog standart 512ram. in fact, what gpu could i squize in so? maybe even a bit stronger then the one in bargain bin?

i decided to save money for new biuld alltogether, but if i could squize some power with sub 100eu now it would be spot on.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The 8800GT is actually a tad bit faster than the 5670, the only redeeming feature that the 5670 has against the 8800GT is that it consumes far less power, and has DX11

its from dells 8800gt bog standart 512ram. in fact, what gpu could i squize in so? maybe even a bit stronger then the one in bargain bin?

i decided to save money for new biuld alltogether, but if i could squize some power with sub 100eu now it would be spot on.

Get on to Adverts.ie

You'lll get a HD4870 or so for about €60. Stomps all over an 8800gt 512.

Here's an MSI HD5770 for just under the 100 mark
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/4653800/art/msi/radeon-hd-5770-1-gb-gddr5.html

About as powerful as HD4870, but DX11 etc etc

would i need psu with those now? or could i get away?

i tryed to look in to specs, but not much different spec, but 1gb ram. or am i missing some info?

by the looks of it that old 8800gt still has a good kick...

• Advertisement

Forget video ram

the 5770 is a good bit faster than an 8800GT

Don't quote me on this, but yah it will run on the 375w dell PSU

Here's a graph for comparison with 8800gt (9800GT exactly the same performance), newest cards not on there
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/HD_5670_1_GB/30.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

FWIW, I've been running a 8800GTX in my htpc Dell xps 420 (with 375watt psu) for a few years now without issue.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

9600GT runs fine here on a 300W Dell PSU, 5670 would be more than fine!

9600GT runs fine here on a 300W Dell PSU, 5670 would be more than fine!

9600gt is a mid spec card. i think even 8800gt is better. 5670 would not be much difference between 8800gt.

5770 sounds tempting, but it needs 450 psu.

so i presume i cant go for it :(

9600gt is a mid spec card. i think even 8800gt is better. 5670 would not be much difference between 8800gt.

5770 sounds tempting, but it needs 450 psu.

so i presume i cant go for it :(

So you're definitely looking for a 5770-ish?

So you're definitely looking for a 5770-ish?

it was a suggestion here, and it looks like a nice improvment. so much money being spent on house now: soliciter, washing machines, bed etc, moving, so i dont have money for new pc biuld just yet, but would be nice to update my pc a bit atleast if it wount break my piggy bank.

would be interesting what best gpu i could squize in with no psu upgrade. psu cant set me back 70eu, which i dont really want to do.

Well the 5770 power consumption is about on par with the 8800GT

Well the 5770 power consumption is about on par with the 8800GT

you sure about that now lad?

you sure about that now lad?

5770 is a little less than the 8800gt

• Advertisement

5770 is a little less than the 8800gt

sure about that? it says 8800gt needs 400.

5770 needs 450. atleast thats what i read out.

problem now is, will it fecking fit in a case, as dell has some fat **** just above gpu

Advertisement