Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Just realised the one on komplett is 512MB - get the 1GB one on dabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

okay, i am confused on two things:

1. pixmania pricing... in list its one price, whenyou click on product, price is allmoust twice bigger...

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/772/xx/50-100/103/9/criteresn.html?sPageInfo=1_30

2. will my dells 375 psu will handle this 1gb 5770? if not is there some very budgetty psu? i mean like VERY :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Its a bit of a tricky one.

If it was my dell, I wouldn't blink at putting a 5770 in there, its the same or less power draw as the 8800GT.

However, this being the building forum, the "recommended" route is always a quality PSU, e.g. 80+ efficiency 450 watt

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

HD5770s use less power than 8800GTs and that 375W PSU will be a decent Delta unit with either 350W or 360W of 12V capacity on it depending on age so I don't see an issue :)

well lads, misses is in austria. so for my suvenier she will bring me a gpu :P.

So what would be alternative to 5770 if she wount find it?

alternative would be with similar performance or better, but still work with my psu.

thanks lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I thought for a moment that you said Australia and remember people complaining about outrageous prices there.
    The 6850 as I recommended before would be the next power light GPU.
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/296?vs=291

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭heid

Looks like a reference, cooler plus amd logo above the pci-e.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

heid wrote: »

It would be customary to post the price and a link :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

It would be customary to post the price and a link :P

Refers to this I assume:
    marco_polo wrote: »
    Sapphire HD 6950 2GB version only €202 on Pix.

I can't figure out for sure if it is an unlockable version unfortunately, not enough product detail.

deconduo wrote: »
    Refers to this I assume:

Ah ha. Most likely.

Marco & others - from the pic its a reference design, so should be moddable.

Not bad for 202 yoyo's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

heid wrote: »
    Ah ha. Most likely.

Marco & others - from the pic its a reference design, so should be moddable.

Not bad for 202 yoyo's.

I was pretty sure it probbaly was alright, not prepared to stick my neck out though :p

Be quick, funky Xigmatek Midgard White Case €36 odd euro delivered from OCUK

Nice price but I don't think I could bring myself to buy a white case :P

Also looks like a mis-price as the black version is 55 pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

No misprices, it's a special limited offer. White wouldn't be my thing either but it could be done well

Would it be worth buying it, just for future? I would not biuld a pc just bow, but when I get to it it would be nice to gave a case to work around.

Dunno if White is ao good thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Would it be worth buying it, just for future? I would not biuld a pc just bow, but when I get to it it would be nice to gave a case to work around.

Dunno if White is ao good thought...

could always buy the white one and just spray it a different colour if you want!

Burgo wrote: »
    could always buy the white one and just spray it a different colour if you want!

PINK! :p

how much it would set me back with delevery included? delevery times are okay with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

PINK! :p

how much it would set me back with delevery included? delevery times are okay with them?

Shipping costs £12.50. Altogether it comes to £40.50. I havent used OCuk in years so i cant comment on their delivery times now.

Not just pink, go for hello kitty while your at it :P

Chosen wrote: »

Just fyi, this is laptop RAM

deconduo wrote: »
    Just fyi, this is laptop RAM

Yep, but a seriously incredible price in fairness. You could nearly use that price as an investment!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

can you use these in a macbook pro? fantastic value.

• Advertisement

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    can you use these in a macbook pro? fantastic value.

I would say so. They don't require some odd ECC SODIMM do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I would say so. They don't require some odd ECC SODIMM do they?
    ive no idea. a friend of mine has 1 and he keeps asking me to find him ram. looking back though, i think he can only take DDR2 so it doesnt matter either way i suppose.

Under €400 for a basic gaming laptop...

...well, at least if you like pink :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Anyone here working in HP! Love to know if we are going to get a chance to buy these tablets cheap. Never had much interest in them before but if I was able to pick one up for under Eur100 I wouldnt say no!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

deejer wrote: »
    Anyone here working in HP! Love to know if we are going to get a chance to buy these tablets cheap. Never had much interest in them before but if I was able to pick one up for under Eur100 I wouldnt say no!
    Same as. Would prefer the 32GB though instead of the 16GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Went to the library to study for my repeats this morning and just said I would have a quick look on hardforums (and boards!) before I started. Have spent most of that time trying to find out more about this.

I see that it started directly from the HP website where you could get a 32gb for $129 if you are a student. Id expect them to do something similar here. Since it only came out in the last couple of months there must be a fair amount of stock around.

Anyone know what shops are stocking them in Ireland. I see them in Harvey Norman anyway. Cant imagine them selling them for under Eur100!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Desperately trying to get my hands on one too!

They're usually closer to the price of an iPad2! :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Baza210 wrote: »
    Desperately trying to get my hands on one too!

Ditto. Would love to get one at a good price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Has anyone spotted a touchpad in Europe at the reduced prices yet?

Advertisement