Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

tis an awesome price, I'd say you'd have to make up your mind pretty quick if you wanted one though. They'll sell mightily fast at that price!!

Could be a misprice... that is if their UK & Irish pricelist is related. I did a bit of a google there and no other retailers were close to the price

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

It HAS to be a misprice; I'd be surprised if they actually shipped and didn't "lose" the orders prior to fixing the price :rolleyes:

Still, I really really want one of those mofos :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Solitaire wrote: »
    It HAS to be a misprice; I'd be surprised if they actually shipped and didn't "lose" the orders prior to fixing the price :rolleyes:

Still, I really really want one of those mofos :(
    on that note....

just placed my order. :o

EDIT: actually, i dont like the sound of their emails.
    Dear Tea_Bag

Thanks very much for your order received on 24/10/2011 . If the goods you ordered were in stock and available, then your order is now being processed.

definitely gonna be canceled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    EDIT: actually, i dont like the sound of their emails.

definitely gonna be canceled.

I'd still be reasonably hopeful, with a big company like Dabs their system would be fully automated. The reason why they said that in your email could be that their automated stock feed might only update itself every 24hrs.

I think there was some other product which gave a similar message and shipped fine.

One other possibility for the seemingly odd stock situation would be that their distributor doesn't currently have stock but are quoting that price for the product. Unfortunately distributors for some unknown reason usually quote much lower prices when they don't have a product in stock than when they have stock.
    If that is the case, then you won't be getting the monitor for €115 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Ordered one there anyways, gonna be tasty for BF3 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Any more news on that monitor? I could do with something better but haven't made up my mind what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

If you have the money for it, the U2412 is supposed to be a very nice bit of kit. No clue how it compares to the BenQ though.

The U2412M? Yeah, I recommended it to someone last week. It's down to €279 at komplett. It's definitely a good monitor but it would probably be a waste on me if I can't tell the difference. Most of the time it's only browsing and films on the monitor. Occasional few games. Nothing really to justify an IPS apart from being fussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Monotype wrote: »
    The U2412M? Yeah, I recommended it to someone last week. It's down to €279 at komplett. It's definitely a good monitor but it would probably be a waste on me if I can't tell the difference. Most of the time it's only browsing and films on the monitor. Occasional few games. Nothing really to justify an IPS apart from being fussy.

Holy crap, why is it so cheap compared to the previous U24s?

no email form dabs yet about my order anyway.... :(

that U2412M is a slight downgrade in IPS tech than the older U2410 apparently hence the cheaper price. id like one but seeing as i cant afford the iIlyama im gonna pretend that i dont know its €279 from komplett at the moment.

• Advertisement

did anyone who ordered an Iilyama monitor from dabs get theirs yet or any confirmation email?

I've never ordered from them before, it seems too good to be true, only e-mail I got was "Thanks very much for your order received on 26/10/2011 . If the goods you ordered were in stock and available, then your order is now being processed."

Thing is, the price is still up on the site, surely they'd have fixed it by now? I've never bought off them before..and I'm not gonna get over-excited...but it'll be pretty sweet if it's true, cos I'm gonna splash out on another two and go for eyefinity, if it lasts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,341 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any bargain alert for windows 7 64bit please :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Headshot wrote: »
    any bargain alert for windows 7 64bit please :o

If you're a student (or you have access to a student email address) you can get it for €45 from softwareforstudents.

deconduo wrote: »
    If you're a student (or you have access to a student email address) you can get it for €45 from softwareforstudents.

:D been told that numerous times and would be absolute dead handy but im not a student

love if I knew any students thou or if any kind people can help me out ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

You do not need a student email address for this site See T&C. All you need to know is someone in your family going to "school" or college. There are no special licenses or anything like that. BUT the software provided is an upgrade software not a clean installed one.

You do not need a student email address for this site See T&C. All you need to know is someone in your family going to "school" or college. There are no special licenses or anything like that. BUT the software provided is an upgrade software not a clean installed one.

Oh right

Anyway I need a clean install

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Headshot wrote: »
    Oh right

Anyway I need a clean install

Upgrade version can be used to make a clean install. Have used the student one to do it myself.

All you end up doing is installing it and not registering it and then installing it again over this from windows so it looks like an upgrade. Perfectly ok to do this, just not something they advertise :)

Fnz wrote: »
    1TB External Hard Drive - €50 (HMV in-store)

Western Digital Elements WDBAAU0010HBK-UESN

I never would have thought that HMV would beat the online pc hardware sellers. It's £119 at scan.
    In case anyone is wondering, it's usually green drives in these, probably the WD10EARS model although I can not find evidence to back it up. Good for a storage drive, or paired with an SSD if someone was getting a new PC and ripped it out of the shell.

any great deals on very good 8gb ram please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Monotype wrote: »
    I never would have thought that HMV would beat the online pc hardware sellers. It's £119 at scan.
    In case anyone is wondering, it's usually green drives in these, probably the WD10EARS model although I can not find evidence to back it up. Good for a storage drive, or paired with an SSD if someone was getting a new PC and ripped it out of the shell.

Here is the exact drive out of one of mine.

179827.jpg

Moar deets.

no word yet on my monitor, but it has gone up in price.... €186.98. :(

anyone any luck?

EDIT:
    delivery date estimated for the 4th November apparently.

they're very slow considering i ordered on the 24th.

Surely they can't cancel on us if the price changes from when we ordered it...can they?

Surely they can't cancel on us if the price changes from when we ordered it...can they?
    They can. They dont have to honour their old price and can claim it was a miss price. did they take your money? if your bank has been charged then you stand in a much better position because the "deal" is only agreed upon when the company accepts your money technically.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yep, they don't usually quibble about a misprice, they just tragically "lose" your order.... every one of them on the affected item, every time :rolleyes:

Anyone remember the €11 HD5670 on Komplett? :pac:

Sad face, expected delivery is next monday , but it's still processing. Who knows, miracles happen right? That being said, can ye recommend the next best large monitor you'd get for around the same price? I've a 20" VGA monitor at the mo, and it's just not good enough :(

Update regarding the 115 monitor, sent them an e-mail inquiring bout whether I was wasting my time , or if I would be effected by the price going up..

this was the reply

"Dear Customer

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately stock on this item has been delayed and we are still waiting for another date to be given to us from our supplier; at present though, I am unable to give you an exact date/ETA for the stock arriving.

Please advise if you are okay to wait for the item, or if you would like to order an alternative product.

My sincere apologies for the delays and inconvenience this has caused you.

Kind Regards

Kelly
    "

Thanks! I was getting around to doing that myself.

She didn't exactly answer the question though did she.?
    They could still get stock then send the dreaded "unable to find your order at this time, please reorder your items and we are sorry for the inconvenience. " email.

Not gonna hold my breath for it being delivered on the 8th.

The date keeps going forward one day until the stock arrives for dabs I'm guessing, still, i've the money tucked away in an account..I don't wanna splurge out on a 22" if there's still a chance I can stroke this one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I ordered the Iiyama monitor from the dabs UK site after I saw a post on it here, was at £98, since gone up to £162. Just to say I'm in the same boat regarding the delivery date being constantly pushed back. I have almost 0% expectation of getting it at that price, but gonna keep hoping! ;)

Advertisement