Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I knew that but I wasn't sure you did from your original post. ;)
    And here I was thinking you were a n00b.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

aaaaaand in other news...

They've dispatched my monitor!! :D

happy days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Tea_Bag wrote: »

happy days.

Nice one :) Glad to see something like this work out for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

happy days.

The Iiyama monitor? Mine has "1 allocated" status..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Payment got rejected on mine, no idea why because my CC is in the black at the moment! Not sure what to do with it though as i ordered a difference monitor off Amazon. Its a great price for a 24" but I'm really not sure if i need it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

happy days.

Agfdgndflhnfgkljhnfglkjhnfgjgf. Fair play. I caved and bought another one in the mean time..I've to settle for a 22" bein delivered Monday :(..it'll probs get rejected now cos I've no money in the "fun" account....I'm going to be horrificly stupid and transfer emergency money into the fun account now

:|.

if they process it monday. I'm going to have a monitor I don't need. yay...if there's a chance of me getting it at the bargain price happy days..if not..my wallet will be better off ..win win!

EDIT:on the monitors page I see.. "36 due in more than 4 weeks While Stocks Last"
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/iiyama-pro-lite-e2407hds-24--widescreen-1920-x-1080-2ms-hdmi-dvi-d-vga-lcd-monitor-with-speakers-71XW.html

but not the option to order it? so there's hope yet :D

ho ho¬

its odd that mine got dispatched well before yours. I wonder how shiminay (sp) is getting on?

when did you order? iirc I was late night 24th Nov.
    I'm really excited actually but I know dabs are slow to deliver so I expect it'll be Friday before I see it :(

will check when I'm not on mobile.

its odd that mine got dispatched well before yours. I wonder how shiminay (sp) is getting on?

when did you order? iirc I was late night 24th Nov.
    I'm really excited actually but I know dabs are slow to deliver so I expect it'll be Friday before I see it :(

will check when I'm not on mobile.

I think I was the evenin after you cos there was a lag between our predicted delivery dates :) did they take your money yet? Surely they can't renege on the deal if they have your cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Ballyv24 wrote: »
    The Iiyama monitor? Mine has "1 allocated" status..

Good news (For me) I got an email to say it is dispatched. I should get it early next week

the order hasnt appeared on my online bank statement yet, but apparently according to royal mail tracking its in the "International Hub" but no expected delivery date.

my friend ordered a corsair 600T from dabs and it took 3 weeks to deliver from the date of dispatch so dont expect miracles i guess.

• Advertisement

"Cancelled".

Well that's the end of that chapter. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

the order hasnt appeared on my online bank statement yet, but apparently according to royal mail tracking its in the "International Hub" but no expected delivery date.

my friend ordered a corsair 600T from dabs and it took 3 weeks to deliver from the date of dispatch so dont expect miracles i guess.

My order took about 3 days to arrive (from dispatch) although on the tracking page it went from "Received at delivery depot" to "Received in destination country" so maybe your order is using a slower shipping option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

freestyla wrote: »
    What do people think of this deal?
    Are the Vertex Plus' plagued with the same problems of the newer OCZ drives?

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    What do people think of this deal?
    Are the Vertex Plus' plagued with the same problems of the newer OCZ drives?

nothing wrong with OCZ's last gen SSD's for the most part. dont be too worried about speeds either, ive a last gen intel SSD and i cant tell the difference between mine or my friends M4 and i often use his PC. its a good price especially on a budget.

Baza210 wrote: »

while this is a good price, dot be fooled by the 25% off thing, its been this price on scan for some time if i recall correctly. as in for a few months.
    Also, its not a fantastic monitor in 3D. the LG w23xx something or other which is cheaper (yet i cant find it online anywhere??? - discontinued?) is a better screen.

either way, getting one of the 3D nvidia monitors now is kinda abad idea, because Nvidia just released an updated Geforce 3D vision v.2 update that has is apparently a good improvement on the original, at the same price, i imagine the updated spec monitors are going to arrive on the market very soon.

improvements in ghosting, more light propogation and less eye strain to name a few off the top of my head. i only know this because i did a lot of research into 3D gaming to see if it was worth the hassle and/or money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

nothing wrong with OCZ's last gen SSD's for the most part. dont be too worried about speeds either, ive a last gen intel SSD and i cant tell the difference between mine or my friends M4 and i often use his PC. its a good price especially on a budget.
    I'm not too worried about last gen drive speeds since I just got an XPS 17 that has two drive bays both using SATAII connections so I ain't gonna be bringing it over to a new computer anytime soon either.

What I am worried about is it failing on me, or it only lasting one year coz it's got limited write cycles.

I'd like to get a 120~ GB SSD for as cheap as possible and this one looks pretty good.
    I will be installing Windows 7, Skyrim, Ubuntu and other programs so I don't think a 60GB one will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Does anybody have a memoryc promo code?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

Does anybody have a memoryc promo code?

TWM519

5% Discount (:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Insane value on HWVS for the new Samsung S23A700D at €254. So insane a price in fact, I'd say it was a typo except for the same price being quoted in their email newsletter.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1147824/s23a700d-review-please
    http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1644062

Interesting find... 120 Hz for 2D is exactly what I want. Apparently it's just cheaper in mainland Europe than the UK though. Seems to be some weird region-specific model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Baza210 wrote: »
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1147824/s23a700d-review-please
    http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1644062

Interesting find... 120 Hz for 2D is exactly what I want. Apparently it's just cheaper in mainland Europe than the UK though. Seems to be some weird region-specific model.
    Yeah, found it for more or less the same price on anobo.de but they ship to Ireland for a tenner less than HWVS.

Anyway, I'm after 120Hz for 2D gaming as well. Read a bit about this monitor over on the OcUK forums and PCMonitors.org. Looks like a fantastic bargain if you don't mind glossy screens. I was originally angling after the Asus VG236HE, but the Samsung sounds that little bit better, and at this price, it's a steal.

I've been told to wait for the next BenQ. Supposedly the last one was decent but crippled by some small issues, that are to be fixed in this upcoming one. XL2340T or something like that.

• Advertisement

Yeah, the XL2420T. Looks like a good choice when it launches in a week or two. Sadly, my CRT may not live til then!

Haha, is it an FW900? ;)

Heh, no, a Dell P1230. Has served me well, but is now on it's last legs. This'll be my first LCD monitor, so I reckon a bright 120 Hz model will make the transition less painless :o

I suppose you'd be fairly used to glossy as well, then. It's the only thing with the ASUS that I'm concerned about.

Yeah, I imagine it'd be quite a difference coming from any kind of matte surface. Luckily, my PC room is quite dark so reflections shouldn't be too much of a problem.

@ Tea_Bag , any more word on your monitor? Still en-route?

@ Tea_Bag , any more word on your monitor? Still en-route?
    Sorry forgot to update ye. Monitor arrived and works flawlessly. No dead pixels or anything. Really pleased with the purchase.
    Only negatives are that the built in speakers are low quality, and even lower volume to the point that if there is background noise you won't hear them, and that it doesnt seem to wake up with my PC after an idle sleep, so I've to cycle it back on :(

To other downer is that it's so big I've had to abandon my second screen cause it can't fit on the desk :P

To be fair, I wasn't in the market for a screen with built in speakers.

Ah deadly, at least they honoured the price! I'd say they cancelled mine cos I hadn't the money in the account at the time..still happy out with my little 22" phillips! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Anybody see anything good this week leading up to black Friday - seems fairly quiet around to me anyway.

And where might be a good place to look for a deal or two? :)

• Advertisement

32 GB class 10 MicroSDHC on Amazon for £25, under Electronics (can't link direct).http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/?_encoding=UTF8&node=350613011

Advertisement