Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

darconio wrote: »
    I was browsing the new argos catalogue and spotted the bargain of the century:

Acer 23in 3D LED Monitor with Glasses

Did I mention that is obviously Out of stock everywhere?

Argos printed thousand catalogues with a misprice it would be interesting to see if these monitors will ever be in stock in Ireland

BTW the same one is sold for 200£ in Argos UK

Quick update: they changed the price online, but still in the catalogue is showing at the original 60€.
    How do we stand if you pay this at a till showing the printed price in the catalogue? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

is 230eu for that sort of monitor a good price though?

i got a very cheap LG monitor as main. its a 22 inch 1080p, i could try in to getting something more modern...

120hz monitor would mean more then 60fps too? as i heard 60hz can show max 60 fps. other then that LED should look more lovely then my old dinomonitor?

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/10852212/LG-W2243S-22-Widescreen-LCD-Monitor/Product.html

is 230eu for that sort of monitor a good price though?

i got a very cheap LG monitor as main. its a 22 inch 1080p, i could try in to getting something more modern...

120hz monitor would mean more then 60fps too? as i heard 60hz can show max 60 fps. other then that LED should look more lovely then my old dinomonitor?

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/10852212/LG-W2243S-22-Widescreen-LCD-Monitor/Product.html

When I posted the link the monitor was sold for 60€, hence the whole bargain thing.
    If you take a new argos catalogue the price for that monitor is 60€ (unless they replaced every catalogue in every shop). ;)

darconio wrote: »
    When I posted the link the monitor was sold for 60€, hence the whole bargain thing.
    If you take a new argos catalogue the price for that monitor is 60€ (unless they replaced every catalogue in every shop). ;)

ah no, i understand that. i sow it! ;)

i mean is it still good monitor even at 230eu mark?

ah no, i understand that. i sow it! ;)

i mean is it still good monitor even at 230eu mark?

Knowing argos I would say it is overpriced :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

230 is about normal for a 120 Hz monitor, I don't know if that model is any good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Chosen wrote: »
    Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B 16GB (4x4GB) 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 - £75.78 (~€90)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004RFBIUU/

An OK deal if you're looking for that RAM specifically, but you could get 2x2x4GB for about €4 cheaper from memoryc for the same speed.

http://www.memoryc.com/computermemory/ddr3ram/8gbgeilpc312800enhancecorsacl9dualkit.html

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Monotype wrote: »
    An OK deal if you're looking for that RAM specifically, but you could get 2x2x4GB for about €4 cheaper from memoryc for the same speed.

http://www.memoryc.com/computermemory/ddr3ram/8gbgeilpc312800enhancecorsacl9dualkit.html
    Is it possible to remove those heat dissipators?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Yes (broadly speaking, varies from case to case), but you'll need decent airflow in the case. If you're just planning on adding your own, then that should be fine. Usually they're held with glue or tape or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

Ordered an SSD, bracket, and case fan on Amazon this morning. Order came to €192, but they only took 97c off my card... are they gonna take the rest or does "Amazon Issues" include winning? :D

• Advertisement

It could be a test transaction to see if your credit card is valid.

Monotype wrote: »
    It could be a test transaction to see if your credit card is valid.

I ordered from them before, with the same card, and they only made one transaction :confused:

My advice: Don't complain. :)

Serephucus wrote: »
    My advice: Don't complain. :)

I'm remaining sceptically optimistic :D

Edit: Alas, my balance had dropped... was a nice thought while it lasted :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

that must be a miss price surely?
    God I want. I'm hesitant cause its an ocz, but I think its on the indilux controller. aaaarg I'm so broke. must not click buy.

I don't think it is. It's about €140 on HWVS. It's a good price though. Not the fastest drive out there, but it's a very good price, and being Indilinx, it's as good as you can get reliability-wise from OCZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    that must be a miss price surely?
    God I want. I'm hesitant cause its an ocz, but I think its on the indilux controller. aaaarg I'm so broke. must not click buy.

Nope not a mis-price.

Not the fasted SSD in the world, but €1/GB is very good value. I was going to post the bargain alert myself when I saw it had already been posted.

It would probably be a good choice for someone who needs bit of extra storage like games where reliability or top speed isn't essential. I saw them announced a good while back but I haven't read any reviews. I know that that they use asynchronous NAND flash so it could slow down when it fills up. It would be an attractive product if those quoted speeds reflect actual performance and not with compression techniques like the Sandforce ones. It's nice that they included the additional 8GB and didn't shave it down to 120GB! Price seems fair as it is on dabs. Looking forward to see how it compares in reviews.

Edit:
    Fluffy88 wrote: »
    Crucial M4 prices seem to have dropped a nice bit in the last day or two.
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/crucial-128gb-m4-sata-6gb-s-2-5--solid-state-drive-7GL1.html?refs=56350000-50090&src=3 - €159

Pressure from the petrol?

Radeon HD 7970 12% off on Pixmania.
    Down to 469 inc vat.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/11731165/art/amd/radeon-hd-7970-3-gb-gddr5.html

That's one hell of a bargain! Nice find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

That's one hell of a bargain! Nice find.

I sent pixmania a mail re. what brand these cards are, and they got back this morning and said they are Sapphire cards. Daycent:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Radeon HD 7970 12% off on Pixmania.
    Down to 469 inc vat.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/11731165/art/amd/radeon-hd-7970-3-gb-gddr5.html
    Use this code here
    PIXIEFEV14
    for another €14 off of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Use this code here
    PIXIEFEV14
    for another €14 off of it.

sheeeeeeeeeeeet just ordered it, ah well.:D

Wdit: UPS just delivered, it is indeed a Sapphire card.

Logitech G500 mouse is 42.68 inc postage on none other than the dell.ie website rolleyes.gif 58 euro on Komplett and around that price too on most other website. Thoroughly recommend it btw.
    Baza210 wrote: »
    Laser mouse = no thanks.

Still stuck in the 80's rollerball era?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

glynf wrote: »
    I sent pixmania a mail re. what brand these cards are, and they got back this morning and said they are Sapphire cards. Daycent:)

got mine last friday :D it is indeed saphire and its a beast of a card

got mine last friday :D it is indeed saphire and its a beast of a card

how much is it all together m8? with delivery?

i just noticed nvidia stuff like 570 and 580 go down in price.

so i am on a fence: sell my gtx 570 and get 7970 or buy second 570 for sli.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

how much is it all together m8? with delivery?

i just noticed nvidia stuff like 570 and 580 go down in price.

so i am on a fence: sell my gtx 570 and get 7970 or buy second 570 for sli.

I wouldn't bother with SLI. Worst exerience ever. Think about it. Microstuttering PLUS waiting for Nvidia to add support to their drivers for new games to support SLI. Ugh. I'm never going back. EVER

I wouldn't bother with SLI. Worst exerience ever. Think about it. Microstuttering PLUS waiting for Nvidia to add support to their drivers for new games to support SLI. Ugh. I'm never going back. EVER

Plenty won't agree, but I wholeheartedly do.

Hence I will ALWAYS advise anyone in the market for a video upgrade to go for the single fastest card they can afford, than bother with lower end SLI / crossfire.

heh, and those droped in price so nicely. i can get one for less then 300eu delivered now. :(

i want to see how good will be 670i. then might aswell sell my gtx 570 and buy 7970 or see how 670i is priced.

i hope to get 220eu for my 570. it is still around 320 brand new

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

heh, and those droped in price so nicely. i can get one for less then 300eu delivered now. :(

i want to see how good will be 670i. then might aswell sell my gtx 570 and buy 7970 or see how 670i is priced.

i hope to get 220eu for my 570. it is still around 320 brand new

670i is actually now the GTX680. Apparently already being boxed :D

I think you'll get more than 220 for the 570 too anyways. Push it to 250 ;D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I got the 560ti with the intention of SLIing it in a good while, when it was cheaper. Sounds like a lot of hassle, never SLIed before. Probably will though as I don't like spending more than what that card cost (190-200), for any card. Might be better to sell it down the line and get a better card for the same price, even though two 560tis would be faster?

Advertisement