Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

670i is actually now the GTX680. Apparently already being boxed :D

I think you'll get more than 220 for the 570 too anyways. Push it to 250 ;D

well for fast sale i would go for 220eu. i could buy now 7970 and then resell gtx 570 to get my losses back :)

so its 680 now? i really hope its not going to be some stupid idiotic price thought :(. though i have a feeling we will see a 600eu mark on that yoke!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

how much is it all together m8? with delivery?

i just noticed nvidia stuff like 570 and 580 go down in price.

so i am on a fence: sell my gtx 570 and get 7970 or buy second 570 for sli.

not 100% tbh, definitely under the 500 with shipping (i got a noctua cpu cooler as well so my delivery was more expensive) all i can tell you is that the 7970 is giving me 40-50 fps in metro 2033 fully maxed at 1080p, my old 460 gave me 10-20 :D, and skyrim is at 50-60 even though ive done a whole lot of messing with the ini settings, tis a beast card

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I'm using CF and haven't used SLI so not as relevant, but unless I'm lucky (as well as NMTK) or oblivious, I haven't noticed any microstutter @ 1080p. I've gone from a 6950CF setup to a 6990 and both are perfect. I think its an issue of the past tbh, or a dodgy card.

ill retract my statement when I eventually upgrade to a 2560*1440p and things change.

the gtx560Ti Slis like a beast. it scales 100% in some cases. the gtx 460 was the same, so nvidia must be doing something right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Yup. I've had 580 SLI a while back, and it was great. No microstuttering (that I could see), and scaled extremely well.

i cant get same brand gtx 570 ( i really dont want to as its 3 slot bitch. i wont be bale to fit it nicely 2 such fat bastards ), i heard poeple mixing brands and newer have troubles.
    thats the first time i hear about that microstsometing. is it just a thing multi gpu have or itsj ust a bad luck,hardware?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Serephucus wrote: »
    Yup. I've had 580 SLI a while back, and it was great. No microstuttering (that I could see), and scaled extremely well.

I had an argument with a friend who has gtx580 in SLI, I could notice the microstuttering whilst playing (I'm extremely picky :P), while he didnt notice anything at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Still stuck in the 80's rollerball era?

No... learn the difference between laser and optical.

http://www.overclock.net/t/951894/the-truthful-mouse-guide

Baza210 wrote: »

I read the whole thread there instead of paying attention in college :o I didn't know there was so much information about mouses tbh, but I'm happy my mx518 gets recommended over and over :p

that is a good read, i will give you that! ;)

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    I read the whole thread there instead of paying attention in college :o I didn't know there was so much information about mouses tbh, but I'm happy my mx518 gets recommended over and over :p

The MX518 is pretty awesome (I have two), but it has angle snapping, which can make your cursor move in unnaturally straight lines. It can be useful though, eg in games like TF2 where characters' heads are all roughly the same height, snipers only really need to move their aim in the horizontal plane if they are on a flat surface. I don't think it's particularly noticeable.

The successor to the MX518, the G400, has higher DPI options and a less sticky surface. The latest batches also have no angle snapping at all, so it's pretty much a perfect mouse if you're a right-handed claw gripper. I'll get one some day...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Love my deathadder, really good. Pity a side button broke after a few months :(

Logitech Performance MX here. Great mouse. Weird shape, but after years of the MX Revolution, and now this, I can't get used to anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Coolermaster Sentinel 0G here. Tracking is grand on my laminated wooden desk, twin laser jobbie. Also, I got it for €16, so I'm not complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I know the differences.

And I would bet you would never ever tell if the mouse you were using was a high performance laser or optical.

But then again, if Fatal1ty says it must be true, right? lol

(no coincidence that the creative fatality series is an optical rodent (the 1010 anyway)...)

I have a Coolermaster Storm Sentinel (twin 5600dpi laser - I like to have a little hand movment as possible at 1920x1080) having come from Logitech MX518 and Logitech G5.

BTW - ES Reality mouse review > 2006. Maybe data for remotely modern rodents should be attained before spouting 6 year old data as gospel.

The Storm is the best of those three hands down. I use it for gaming (BF: BC2 / BF3 / World of Tanks etc) and design work, and really can't fault it at all.

Obviously I must not be l33t though - it's laser...

Well he's certainly not going to like me, using a wireless laser mouse. :P I can still murder UT3 bots with the best of 'em.

Eboggles wrote: »
    ASUS Gtx 580 DCII for £310 delivered
    From scan, its a good model.

yup, scan droped all prices on 570 and 580. so i guess 670i is really really near now.

371eu delivered for a good brand 580, not bad.

Cool anecdotal evidence DG, that doesn't alter the fact that laser sensors are more sensitive to dust and have acceleration issues at low speed (something obviously doesn't apply to you).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Optical > laser any day. Switched back from a mamba to a deathadder because of random tracking on a goliath speed edition, deathadder is also a better weight in my opinion which was also a deciding factor in switching.

Read about mice sensitivity etc which is fairly important stuff to understand: http://www.funender.com/quake/mouse/index.html
    Information complied by phoon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

Im not sure Im posting this in the correct place. I saw "bargain alerts" and thought this would be a thread for discounted pc components. Id rather post this in this section so enthusiasts could take advantage of it.

I received an email from Logitech this morning with a one-off use code, for use today only, that gives 35% off any item at the checkout. I wont be using it, so I will post it here and perhaps someone else can benefit from it.

If youre only purchasing a cheap item, then please dont waste the 35% discount when someone else could really make a decent saving buying something a bit more expensive.

The code is hv6i67jp8 and the item must be purchased from logitech.com and it can be applied to any item they sell except the new M600 mouse.

If anyone else has a code they wont use, perhaps they could also post it up for anyone looking for a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 seanmack

Here is a code I received and I will not be using it

jtxje6bt6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Cool anecdotal evidence DG, that doesn't alter the fact that laser sensors are more sensitive to dust and have acceleration issues at low speed (something obviously doesn't apply to you).

I do use it at low speeds for design / photo retouching and don't notice any acceleration issues.

It is a 2010/2011 mouse though, and most of the data in your links is from 2005/2006.

Lads, will corsair 750 psu be enough to hold 7970 crossfire?

I know 7950 crossfire will work fine, but 7970 is alot higher!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Lads, will corsair 750 psu be enough to hold 7970 crossfire?

I know 7950 crossfire will work fine, but 7970 is alot higher!

Yep, 750W is good for 7970 crossfire, 650W is good for 7950 crossfire.

deconduo wrote: »
    Yep, 750W is good for 7970 crossfire, 650W is good for 7950 crossfire.

Cheers. More and more I am leaning towards 7970 and selling my yoke. Still want to see 670i though.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

I see the 2500k is GBP160 on amazon which looks the best price around at the moment. Anyone else see anything cheaper?

Im guessing it should be cheaper again in a few weeks time but I cant see it going much below that price

Amazon says that comes to €205. Dabs have it for €210, HWVS have it for €188. If you're getting other stuff from HWVS, that might be the better option.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Why is it going up in price anyway? Mine was 170 nearly a year ago.

Popularity and demand I'd guess. It's basically the only processor out there for any type of even moderately serious gaming rig at the moment.

it went up in price when bulldozer came up and Intel/the world saw that the 2500K is faster than AMDs best in almost every way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Serephucus wrote: »
    Amazon says that comes to €205. Dabs have it for €210, HWVS have it for €188. If you're getting other stuff from HWVS, that might be the better option.

cheers. Interesting conversion rate alright

Advertisement