Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    You can expect that they won't honour it and be extremely excited and amazed if they do.

And forever gain their respect as a retailer. You out there Eurieka? You listening? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

haha, and we can direct all the B&U traffic to their site ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

Just wanted to update that my order is being "prepared" and waiting to be delivered so if this goes through i will be spending alot of money on parts from eurieka in the near future starting with a new power supply to handle these bad boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

I couldn't find this card on the eurieka site last night when it was listed on pixmania- dunno, maybe there were some wires crossed or something

( still ordered one from pixmania though( more hope than expectation) :D )

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Holy hell! Mine's been marked as dispatched!! :eek:

For the record, my order was placed about 2 mins after the Bargain Alert was posted.

• Advertisement

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Mine is gone to Preparation, raging I only ordered one :P
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I got in my order very early too
    I'm still expecting it to be cancelled though.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

looking at my orders it say dispatched:D but clicking on the order it's still in preparation:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Mine is marked as being prepped as well. Not a guarantee, but good to see none-the-less.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

wtf back in stock by Eurieka, at the same price €36

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/8908549/art/asus/geforce-gtx-570-directcui.html

Chosen wrote: »

Temporarily out of stock now, and back up to the original price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Chosen wrote: »

link doesn't goto it. Viewing it on page and trying to add it to basket does not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Squidwert wrote: »
    looking at my orders it say dispatched:D but clicking on the order it's still in preparation:(

Mine is the same, ordered at 21:13. I'm still not too confident though, was just taking a hopeful punt.

If they do honor the price I'll definitely try and purchase a few items from them in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They'll have the adoration of this entire subforum.

This evening I might start adding http://eurieka.ie/ to the basket script thingy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I'd like to register my interest should anybody have purchased an extra 570. :)

Though I'd be amazed if anybody receives one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

Don't know if requests are OK in here... Looking for a SSD with a PC upgrade kit. Would it need to be a bundle or can a kit from one manufacturer work with a SSD from another.

Was looking at this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-2-5inch-Desktop-Accessory-Norton/dp/B005OK6VTA/ref=sr_1_sc_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1355232916&sr=8-5-spell

but they don't deliver to Ireland.

I was told today by a classmate that under irishlaw once and invoice is made and agreed upon a company has to follow through? can anyone clarify he also mentioned that agreement policy yer man mentioned yesterday.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I was told today by a classmate that under irishlaw once and invoice is made and agreed upon a company has to follow through? can anyone clarify he also mentioned that agreement policy yer man mentioned yesterday.

Your friend is wrong, no court would force the company to uphold this.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Your friend is wrong, no court would force the company to uphold this.

Tbh im not being rude but where's your evidence :D Il make my point through my eyes a company advertises a product in a shop window you go in and pay for this product but want it sent to your friend as a gift you go through the checkout pay for the product and they hold it in storage for postage.They see the numbers dont add up and cant do anything because its already paid for ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tbh im not being rude but where's your evidence :D Il make my point through my eyes a company advertises a product in a shop window you go in and pay for this product but want it sent to your friend as a gift you go through the checkout pay for the product and they hold it in storage for postage.They see the numbers dont add up and cant do anything because its already paid for ?

His evidence is this has happened thousands of times and no company has ever had to pay out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

ppshay wrote: »
    Don't know if requests are OK in here... Looking for a SSD with a PC upgrade kit. Would it need to be a bundle or can a kit from one manufacturer work with a SSD from another.

Was looking at this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-2-5inch-Desktop-Accessory-Norton/dp/B005OK6VTA/ref=sr_1_sc_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1355232916&sr=8-5-spell

but they don't deliver to Ireland.

Just get the notebook kit. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-2-5inch-Notebook-Accessory-Norton/dp/B005OK6VJU/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1355234081&sr=1-3
    You'd be paying an extra ~€25 for a sata cable and a bracket that are worth about a fiver if you go for the desktop kit.

That would be completely different, you would of created a full contract with offer and acceptance, with only shipping being the issue. They could not legally invalidate the contract.

As has been mentioned there has been no offer or acceptance by the seller simply an invitation to treat, and then you the consumer making an offer.

The terms and conditions when you signed up for pixmania also state:

'We would like to inform you that if an obviously incorrect price appears on our website (a price that is clearly too low, for example), and for whatever reason (IT bug, human error, technical error etc.), your order will be cancelled, even if it has been initially validated.'

His evidence is this has happened thousands of times and no company has ever had to pay out?

Yeah what your saying will most definately happen but the seller has already accepted the price "Your order has been validated by our Customer Service".

"If your offer has been accepted (for example, you pay a deposit, or receive a confirmation email), generally you can insist that the retailer sells you the goods for the price they were advertised at.

If the retailer wants to charge you more, you may be able to buy the same item elsewhere and claim against the original trader for the difference in price. To do this you should write to the retailer in the first instance, explaining what you are doing. If it doesn't agree to refund you the money, you will normally then have to take a claim to the small claims court.

The trader could try to argue that it made a mistake with the pricing which could make the contract void. But it would have to show that the price was so low that you must have known it was not genuine: for example, a new leather jacket with a price tag of £2 on it. "
    Just clarification for anyone else i still hope it goes through tommorow or tonight i guess we will know.

That would be completely different, you would of created a full contract with offer and acceptance, with only shipping being the issue. They could not legally invalidate the contract.

As has been mentioned there has been no offer or acceptance by the seller simply an invitation to treat, and then you the consumer making an offer.

The terms and conditions when you signed up for pixmania also state:

'We would like to inform you that if an obviously incorrect price appears on our website (a price that is clearly too low, for example), and for whatever reason (IT bug, human error, technical error etc.), your order will be cancelled, even if it has been initially validated.'
    So its pretty much canceled lovely off to look for a different card bummer.:(

So its pretty much canceled lovely off to look for a different card bummer.:(

Don't give up hope all the same, there are the odd good luck stories, I haven't got an order for this one but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

incorrect...
    Every company has made mistakes like this before..mistakes are accounted for in the Terms and conditions you agree to when purchasing.(providing it's in there :) pre 2005 fair enough but they all copped on after a few huge companies were caught out etc)
    I remember at our company where we'd wait every Wed just to see if they're screw up prices.
    I remember once they were selling a server for €700 or so..if you removed just the hard drive raid option the price decreased to €70 :D
    Every tom, dick and Harry in the place bought one..even my boss who was a right stickler for right and wrong and he didnt' think twice before ordering..needless to say that volume of sales were quickly noticed, corrected and an update sent to the customer informing him a mistake was made, they're weren't liable for it and would he like to cancel his order or buy it at the new price :D

I read a review recently that said that the Samsung 840 was not as good a performer as the 830 & it advised that if you wanted to move up from the Samsung 830 you would be far better off going with the Samsung 840 Pro all be it a bit more exspesive. Any thoughts on that?

I'll reply here.

To put it correctly: the 840 performs not better than the 830, or as some may say "toe to toe". This is cause Samsung only had one line of products until (incl) the 830 series and for the first time they want two clearly distinguished lines.
    It just happens that their entry level 840 performs on par with the 830, while the 840 Pro is better/faster than both.

That said, Sandforce-based SSDs are left way behind in terms of reliability as well as performance, compared to SSDs based on controllers by Samsung and Marvell.

Don't give up hope all the same, there are the odd good luck stories, I haven't got an order for this one but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Lol should have seen my face when i saw it validated today in college i went bright red with excitement:rolleyes: how i resent that now. im sure my buddy will let me have his for 150-160 if this falls through.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your order, please note that there is a problem with you order
    as per below;

We acknowledge that you are entitled to have correct information to make an
    informed decision on. Unfortunately in some instances mistakes can occur and
    when there is an incorrect price we act as quickly as possible to ensure
    you’re informed.

When an item has an incorrect price we reserve the right for cancellation,
    as per our terms detailed at
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/conditions.html#cgv_4

We apologise for any inconvenience, your order has been refunded in full and
    your refund will be processed as per your original payment method and should
    appear on your statement in 2-3 working days,

Thank you,

Best Regards,
    Robert
    Eurieka Team

:)

• Advertisement

Was just about to post the email.
    I assume we all got it :(

Advertisement