Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Was very tempting indeed but I cannot justify spending that kind of money on hardware especially TN monitors when I already have a 120Hz. If I was to get another display it would be either a HMD or a 1440p+ IPS/PLS/LED panel.

In your case, I agree. I am still on 50inch 1080p TV and 2312hm monitor. 680, which is due to upgrade, but no rush.

For me it would be ideal. 1440p for games like EVE or Heroes of the storm would be great even with my 680 for now all the other games I would play on TC like always, then again it was a while since I played something really demanding. Down the line I would get something like r9 390.

One thing that is really shocking though is the Pound exchange rate. That monitor turns out about 380eu! its 1 -1.4 at this point! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

What are shipping times like from Mindfactory? Looking at finally grabbing the U2515H but don't know how long I'd be waiting and if Amazon might be worth the tenner more for easier customer support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What are shipping times like from Mindfactory? Looking at finally grabbing the U2515H but don't know how long I'd be waiting and if Amazon might be worth the tenner more for easier customer support.

If its literally a tenner just go with Amazon. Fast shipping and excellent returns service if ever needed. I always found the praise for HWV totally over-stated, good prices but if anything went wrong, they were not great to deal with at all. I'd much rather pay the few euro extra to Amazon/OCuk/Dabs/whoever, and have the better customer support in the event of an issue.

Not saying MindFactory aren't good as I've no idea but people get too wrapped up in price alone on here I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

I've ordered twice from them and they've shipped the same day with the usual 3-4 day UPS shipping. I also had to change an order and their customer service was very good and had it done within a few hours and shipped. I'd still go with Amazon though, especially if the difference is only a tenner, they're just so easy for returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Of there was only a tenner difference I would go for amazon, for the customer support and peace of mind. Presume if will come with the UK plug also

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If its literally a tenner just go with Amazon. Fast shipping and excellent returns service if ever needed. I always found the praise for HWV totally over-stated, good prices but if anything went wrong, they were not great to deal with at all. I'd much rather pay the few euro extra to Amazon/OCuk/Dabs/whoever, and have the better customer support in the event of an issue.

Not saying MindFactory aren't good as I've no idea but people get too wrapped up in price alone on here I find.

I wouldnt put dabs into that list, they refused to refund or exchange a monitor for me 6 months ago which shipped with a stuck pixel.
    Will never buy from them again, i agree with amazon and ocuk however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Yeah I went with Amazon in the end, should be here next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Amazon all the way for a purchase like that. Have used HWVS with great success before, amd was happy with them, but Amazon are fantastic and the support is superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

The Spanish Amazon seem to be cheapest for the processor I'm looking for, will I be hit with any hidden charges from ordering off them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The Spanish Amazon seem to be cheapest for the processor I'm looking for, will I be hit with any hidden charges from ordering off them?

Nope, maybe €10-15 shipping but that's about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Nope, maybe €10-15 shipping but that's about it
    Worth checking with a parcel motel UK (NI) address. Some of those EU amazons ship free to the UK but charge for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

darconio wrote:
    GeIL Epicgear Meduza HDST Gaming Mouse 28.04€ from
    darconio wrote:
    Use code MICE50 at checkout for an additional 50% discount bringing the price down to € 14.02
    darconio wrote:
    Code valid till 11:59PM today

It looks like quite the deal for that price but theres hardly any reviews which make me question how good this is. Also one review says it is terrible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Dard23 wrote: »
    It looks like quite the deal for that price but theres hardly any reviews which make me question how good this is. Also one review says it is terrible.

Seems ok going by this: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Epic_Gear/Meduza/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

darconio wrote: »
    GeIL Epicgear Meduza HDST Gaming Mouse 28.04€ from Memoryc

Use code MICE50 at checkout for an additional 50% discount bringing the price down to € 14.02

Would love if this was wireless, very good price by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

darconio wrote: »
    GeIL Epicgear Meduza HDST Gaming Mouse 28.04€ from Memoryc

Not working for me.

"Promotion code not recognized or doesn't apply to current order."

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

jonny24ie wrote:
    Seems ok going by this:

Yeah I read that but it's just one review and not a tech site I know well. I prefer the likes of Amazon where you know they are genuine and plenty of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Gonna boop this for visibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dard23 wrote: »
    Yeah I read that but it's just one review and not a tech site I know well. I prefer the likes of Amazon where you know they are genuine and plenty of them.

Unknown brand, mention of "gaming", LED lighting, and at beneath a €30 price mark.

You can be sure it will be average at best imo

• Registered Users Posts: 28 battlestar

Worth checking with a parcel motel UK (NI) address. Some of those EU amazons ship free to the UK but charge for Ireland.

Hi how do you work this ?
    I have never used Parcel Motel but there is one <2km from my front door.
    I used to use a mail bureau in Belfast but they closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

battlestar wrote: »
    Hi how do you work this ?
    I have never used Parcel Motel but there is one <2km from my front door.
    I used to use a mail bureau in Belfast but they closed down.

You just sign up on their website and put in the Belfast address when you are purchasing something from the UK to avail of free UK shipping or when they do not ship outside of UK.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/

• Advertisement

and then do I have to hop on the train to balfast to pick up my goodies or does parcel Motel redirect them to the boxes near my home ?
    Thanks for fast reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

battlestar wrote: »
    and then do I have to hop on the train to balfast to pick up my goodies or does parcel Motel redirect them to the boxes near my home ?
    Thanks for fast reply.

No you are assigned a PM number which you put into the Belfast address so they know it is you and they forward it from Belfast to the Parcel Motel you picked on their website(nearest one to you). They have your phone number and they send a text and email to you once it is in the Parcel Motel you picked for you to go and pick it up. You enter your phone number plus the code and the box pops open and you retrieve your parcel and that is pretty much it.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

No you are assigned a PM number which you put into the Belfast address so they know it is you and they forward it from Belfast to the Parcel Motel you picked on their website(nearest one to you). They have your phone number and they send a text and email to you once it is in the Parcel Motel you picked for you to go and pick it up. You enter your phone number plus the code and the box pops open and you retrieve your parcel and that is pretty much it.

One thing I'd mention is that they have a max parcel size for the local lockers. They charge you a little more for oversized parcels and will deliver them to the nearest depot to you instead (one per major city more or less). You can also have them deliver it to your door for another tenner.

If you're ordering something big, it's worth making sure you don't get stung on that - Amazon in particular always seems to underestimate their package sizes.

Thanks for the help wotzgoingon and Big L ParcelMotel seems to be the new way to get things and that All Ireland Rope-A-Dope is super cool. I always detested Amazon for charging International shipping and then Dispatching my goods from Limerick. That is one sweeT chilly Panacotta for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Is 300 euro for a 290x a good
    price http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00HS866AK/?tag=curiua00-21
    At first glance I thought it was especially seeing as it's Amazon your dealing with but is there any problems with this model or is this just the going rate these days?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

MRTULES wrote: »
    Is 300 euro for a 290x a good
    price http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00HS866AK/?tag=curiua00-21
    At first glance I thought it was especially seeing as it's Amazon your dealing with but is there any problems with this model or is this just the going rate these days?
    Thanks

It's pretty good value. It's what the going rate would be if the 200-series' prices had dropped like they had in America, but stocks must've been kept trim in Europe as they kept them around the same price or maybe dropped by €10-20.

If you're at 1080 or 1440 it's a great buy, if you've got your eye(s) on VR I'd spend the extra €30-50 and get the 390 as a minimum. The extra VRAM will become useful as developers start filling two screens with textures.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Yes it is BUT I would not recommend getting a Gigabyte model, they had tons of blac screen issues and poor VRM cooling, AND they're voltage locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

What's a fair price for a gtx970 ftw and an i5 4690k gents

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

They're worth 350 and 230 new, roughly so close to that if not overclocked. Maybe 300+ and 200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Lads looking to sell my rig ill give a quick list of the components so what value do ye think I can get?

i5 - 3550
    Evo 212

B75 Pro 3
    8gb Ram
    450w bronze psu
    280x Sapphire

Bitfenix Case

Aoc 1080p IPS monitor 22 inch I think is the size

Advertisement