Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Nolars wrote: »
    Lads looking to sell my rig ill give a quick list of the components so what value do ye think I can get?

i5 - 3550
    Evo 212

B75 Pro 3
    8gb Ram
    450w bronze psu
    280x Sapphire

Bitfenix Case

Aoc 1080p IPS monitor 22 inch I think is the size
    [URL="http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054853497]Here's where this is meant to go if you want any other opinions.[/URL]

Altogether €650-750 is a fair price range if all's working well I'd say.
    It depends on the actual components - "Bitfenix case" could be any range of prices from €40 to €140+, your PSU might be some €20 fire hazard, etc etc, but I've presumed you bought middle-of-the-road components (cheapest RAM, some budget Corsair PSU or equivalent, €50-60 case, €150 monitor).

I've seen you have it up on Adverts, €800 is grand to start at with KB&M.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

grindle wrote: »
    [URL="http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054853497]Here's where this is meant to go if you want any other opinions.[/URL]

Altogether €650-750 is a fair price range if all's working well I'd say.
    It depends on the actual components - "Bitfenix case" could be any range of prices from €40 to €140+, your PSU might be some €20 fire hazard, etc etc, but I've presumed you bought middle-of-the-road components (cheapest RAM, some budget Corsair PSU or equivalent, €50-60 case, €150 monitor).

I've seen you have it up on Adverts, €800 is grand to start at with KB&M.

Thanks, ya ive thrown it up for now price might be a bit high.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

This is a thread. Please use it. Instead of having a great auld chat in those threads with the giant NO CHAT signs emblazoned all over them.

brb need to headdesk some more >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

Regarding the epic mouse, don't bother getting it if it will used for gaming. This has a design fault,the thumb rest is just glued on and after a while the glue starts to seep out. Apart from that issue it was a pretty decent mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

col.in.Cr wrote: »
    Regarding the epic mouse, don't bother getting it if it will used for gaming. This has a design fault,the thumb rest is just glued on and after a while the glue starts to seep out. Apart from that issue it was a pretty decent mouse.

well its back to 70 Euro now , so probably not worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Unsure where to post Tech related bargain requests, but does anyone know of the best place to get the PG278Q? I was thinking from here but I've never heard of the site before http://www.computeruniverse.net/products/90622713/asus-pg279q-rog.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

miralize wrote: »
    Unsure where to post Tech related bargain requests, but does anyone know of the best place to get the PG278Q? I was thinking from here but I've never heard of the site before http://www.computeruniverse.net/products/90622713/asus-pg279q-rog.asp

I bought a monitor from them a few months ago. It took a while as it wasn't in stock when I ordered (which I knew). They dropped the price on the monitor after I ordered (but before they got it in stock) so I was able to get the discount applied to my order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Grazie1000
    €10 off when u spend over €50 on Amazon.it
    Emails in Italian but think that's the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

miralize wrote: »

i ordered the PG279Q on the 31/10/15 and it still hasnt been delivered yet. It is currently with UPS in GB somewhere as we speak. Just so you know the time frame you're talking about to get that monitor from them. They dont hold them in stock and only order them as the customer orders. Or at least that was the position when I ordered. Other than the long wait, which I was aware of at time of ordering, they have been spot on to deal with. Hopefully the monitor arrives soon and its a good batch because i have heard these monitors can suffer with back light bleed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Hot damn that 500GB SSD was too good to pass up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Hot damn that 500GB SSD was too good to pass up.
    Which hard drive? Where's this? Any link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

500gb SSD for 93 pound, linked it up in the bargain alerts thread on here!

Works out around ~130euro. Crucial BX100 on amazon. Perfect for upgrading the PC at home. Gonna give that thing a new lease of life!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

This is the one he posted
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RQA6M5Y?ref_=gbps_tit_s-3_8627_7db21639&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

There is also a newer version of it available HERE: for £109

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Bought that exact SSD for almost €50 more about 2 months ago. I was still tempted to buy a second one at that price :P

So tempted to buy one, ive been waiting for black friday to buy a SSD as im still in the oul mechanical HDD game :( but now that this has come up im close to ordering it...

God damn those college fees last week... :P

SSD prices are only going down. If you can hold out I'd say wait for it. Put a price tracker on camelcamelcamel so you don't miss the next sale :D

Id say the 850 EVO will come down on black Friday, along with another few drives so thats what im keeping my cash for :P

Although cant imagine a 500gb going lower then that?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Although cant imagine a 500gb going lower then that?

Not in the near future (though it'll probably be matched in another sale) but put it this way - 3 years ago, I paid more for a 256gb SSD drive than I did for my 500gb drive this year. SSD prices should keep falling slowly for a while so the longer you wait, the less you'll pay per gb.

If you don't need all the space, you could probably pick up a 120gb drive or so for a third the price, get most of the benefit (keeping your HDD for storage) and upgrade in a few years when you're less strapped for cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Anyone think i5s or i7s will come down after black friday?

Gonna have about 300 euro to upgrade the system, thinking a processor and more RAM.

• Advertisement

120GB SSD for 40 euro delivered with free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Damo 2k9 wrote:

Picked one of these up thanks to you, help with my new build. Cheers mate.

You will have me broke Damo. Now I get to keep the glorious 500gb SSD for myself though ;)

Haha, I'm broke lads so I'm doing myself no favours either!

On another note, Samsung 850 evo on sale at the same time tomorrow morning, 500GB :( why must it tempt me..

Black November at this stage xD

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Where?

It was a deal on Amazon but they are all gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I've been looking at ordering a new 144hz/120hz monitor for Xmas recently. Since I have a AMD card I've been looking at Acer 27" 1440p and AOC's 24" 1080p Freesync monitors.

The Acer is available from an Amazon seller for £100 less than last week - should I pull the trigger? Am I missing something?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00U2FDO4C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A229GINQJNXWHD

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Acer-XG270HUomidpx-27-Inch-Monitor-FreeSync/product/B00U2FDO4C

Also posted in PC gaming - wasn't sure where would be most appropriate.

Edit: Price has gone back up and fixed link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I've been looking at ordering a new 144hz/120hz monitor for Xmas recently. Since I have a AMD card I've been looking at Acer 27" 1440p and AOC's 24" 1080p Freesync monitors.

The Acer is available from an Amazon seller for £100 less than last week - should I pull the trigger? Am I missing something?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A229GINQJNXWHD

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Acer-XG270HUomidpx-27-Inch-Monitor-FreeSync/product/B00U2FDO4C

Also posted in PC gaming - wasn't sure where would be most appropriate.

Amazon link doesn't work

• Advertisement

American amazon just got 960GB Sandisk SSD for 220$, serious bargain!!

Advertisement