Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Serephucus wrote: »
    What are the chances of there being a decent discount on this? Seems to have been backlight bleed issues previously, maybe just a bad/early batch. Would love one, but would lilely need a GPU upgrade and possibly PSU (only have 8+6 pin connectors)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I know I'd need a GPU upgrade. If the discount is good enough, I may just say feck it and pull the trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Xenoronin wrote: »
    I know I'd need a GPU upgrade. If the discount is good enough, I may just say feck it and pull the trigger.

Yeah, have a hd7970 at the moment, so no g-sync, and would likely struggle to push any higher than 60 fps at that res, even with most of the bells and whistles turned off/down

Edit: Dropped from £534 to 499. Still way out of budget!

You have Prime? Yeah, bit out of reach just yet. I'd say you should just go with a FreeSync monitor tbh! So much cheaper I'm actually half thinking about it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Xenoronin wrote: »
    You have Prime? Yeah, bit out of reach just yet. I'd say you should just go with a FreeSync monitor tbh! So much cheaper I'm actually half thinking about it myself.

I got excited when I saw the post above about it going on sale. Thought it was the XG Freesync version which I have my eye on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Is freesync just a cheaper g sync monitor? Excuse my ignorance, but I seen that OCUK brang out a freesync monitor there a while back for only 99 pound and was wondering what its like compared to G-Sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Is freesync just a cheaper g sync monitor? Excuse my ignorance, but I seen that OCUK brang out a freesync monitor there a while back for only 99 pound and was wondering what its like compared to G-Sync.

Freesync is AMDs open source alternative to Gsync which is Nvidia only. Afaik

FreeSync uses the DisplayPort standards. Gsync uses a proprietary chip inside the monitor to replace something. I don't know the details but basically, it means a 200euro premium on GSync monitors.
    There are minimal differences between FreeSync and GSync. Both support variable refresh rates to match the frame output of the GPU. GSync has a wider range I think before it fails (I think a drop below 40 - 30 FPS is possible for GSync while FreeSync has a min of 40). You ideally won't drop that far as if you are, your settings are too high.

Those Logitech G35's look good , too bad i've got a soundcard and they are USB only :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭pawrick

Do any of you know is it better to wait until cyber monday or bite the bullet on black friday for a self build purchase? Do the german sites even take part in these sales?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Weird scenario where big sales are going on, and literally not one thing is tempting me. Finally happy with my build?

What is this sorcery?!!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I know what you mean. The 960GB SSD the other day had me a little tempted, but I was just kinda like "Meh... Don't really need that..." I think it's more that nothing ticks all the boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Serephucus wrote: »
    I know what you mean. The 960GB SSD the other day had me a little tempted, but I was just kinda like "Meh... Don't really need that..." I think it's more that nothing ticks all the boxes.

500GB EVO 850 at 92 pounds reeeealy tempted me the other day, and I've only just bought the 250GB version... :P

It would be nice having the 500GB version as I've just dumped my HDD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Gumbi wrote: »
    500GB EVO 850 at 92 pounds reeeealy tempted me the other day, and I've only just bought the 250GB version... :P

It would be nice having the 500GB version as I've just dumped my HDD.

I kind of want it just for quick backups

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Will be on the look out for a good price on a 970 :D got that 30 day prime trial on the ready as well for anything else I may need.

I haven't spotted any good parts on amazon. What filters are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I am using this page, shows all of the current black Friday deals, you can then filter by department using the category menu on the right of the page

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=br_imp?_encoding=UTF8&node=8741657031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-0&pf_rd_r=0SR23X4THAHBTSYDT39Z&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=758308187&pf_rd_i=desktop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

This 23" Viewsonic IPS monitor has a lightning deal tomorrow @ 10.10 a.m for non prime customers:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00K6E8ACU/ref=gb1h_img_m-4_5847_e83d3a35?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_r=0KYXPDG411AVQ64GQA6H&pf_rd_i=161428031&pf_rd_p=765395847

Seems to be at a really low price already @ £130, and has favourable reviews. Any thoughts on it?

The only components so far have been SSD drives and 1 or 2 PSU's.

What do you guys reckon? Buy the 970 now during Black Friday (€370) or wait until Cyber Monday? Also, if I purchase it from Amazon I'm guessing I get the bullets or blades deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

What do you guys reckon? Buy the 970 now during Black Friday (€370) or wait until Cyber Monday? Also, if I purchase it from Amazon I'm guessing I get the bullets or blades deal?

Seems AMD GPUs are getting a price drop. [Link]

Might have a knock-on effect for the competition?

Also, €370 doesn't sound a particularly impressive price for a 970, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Early chrimbo present for the aul fella methinks.

Pny GTX 960 - €165 @ amazon.it

can only see it for 216.99

damn , in need of a GPU update.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

I'm looking out for an i4790k and also a R9 390 or equivalent GPU, if anybody spots a deal let me know :) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I'm looking for a decent monitor, 27" if it's good value otherwise 24. Anybody see anything?

Fnz wrote: »
    Seems AMD GPUs are getting a price drop. [Link]

Might have a knock-on effect for the competition?

Also, €370 doesn't sound a particularly impressive price for a 970, imo.

Best price I could find anyways. Mindfactory have it at €350 but they don't ship to Ireland.

Best price I could find anyways. Mindfactory have it at €350 but they don't ship to Ireland.

Not sure if it's just that item but they do deliver to Ireland (bought a load of stuff from them last night)

pawrick wrote: »
    Not sure if it's just that item but they do deliver to Ireland (bought a load of stuff from them last night)

My bad. They actually do deliver to Ireland. How much is delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm looking for a decent monitor, 27" if it's good value otherwise 24. Anybody see anything?

How much you want to spend, any idea of the models your looking at. CamelCamelCamel is your friend today.

I picked up a Samsung U28D590D for 303 delivered from Amazon warehouse Germany a while back, box was battered badly not a mark anywhere on the monitor though just as new.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

How much you want to spend, any idea of the models your looking at. CamelCamelCamel is your friend today.

I picked up a Samsung U28D590D for 303 delivered from Amazon warehouse Germany a while back, box was battered badly not a mark anywhere on the monitor though just as new.
    Haven't really thought about it, and price is flexible. Doesn't help much, but that site looks useful. Thanks!

• Advertisement

My bad. They actually do deliver to Ireland. How much is delivery?

29.99 delivery but it's double that if you order a case from them as it comes from a different location.

also note they add a charge for using paypall

Advertisement