Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I have the Logitech G910, and it's by far the best keyboard i've ever used.

Very comfortable for long gaming sessions, typing is a dream and the build quality is fantastic.
    Great Macro abilities for gaming, and color setup is just spectacular.
    It can even detect what game is open and change the color sequence to one you configure.

Oh, and it looks AWESOME.

Have had a G710 for over 2 years now and its very handy. Much prefer it to cheaper keyboards in work for typing on.
    Handy for gaming on too. The G910 looks lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I had a cheapest mad catz keyboard on start out that I loved but moved to a K70 keyboard and the difference is astronomical.

Ghosting, response time, customizable light and of course that mechanical sound.

Keyboards are the main input for your computer, why not enjoy using a good keyboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

I had a cheapest mad catz keyboard on start out that I loved but moved to a K70 keyboard and the difference is astronomical.

Ghosting, response time, customizable light and of course that mechanical sound.

Keyboards are the main input for your computer, why not enjoy using a good keyboard?

I have a 9 euro advent keyboard. Why? The arrow keys are closer to the surrounding keys than on standard keyboards. Yes I use arrow keys. Don't judge me.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭dog_pig

I have a 9 euro advent keyboard. Why? The arrow keys are closer to the surrounding keys than on standard keyboards. Yes I use arrow keys. Don't judge me.

The keyboard I'm currently using has a TKL layout so the arrows are pretty close to the rest of the keys. It's also one of the cheapest mechanical keyboards out there as far as I know.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AB7IWRK/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭dog_pig

L wrote: »
    Others, mostly competitive gamers looking for an edge, buy keyboards with better key response times.

As far as I know the difference in response time between rubber dome keyboards and mechanicals is pretty negligible.

It's more to do with the tactile feedback and actuation force.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Any decent wireless keyboards??

I'm tired of wires.

I have a G602 as a mouse, its excellent and wouldn't even want to change to something else, it would be nice to replace my Microsoft ergo 4000 with something wireless and reliable.

I have logi k400 and ms multimedia keyboard, but both of them suffer from interference issues.

I haven't been convinced really. I don't like lights on my peripherals. I've never found ghosting to be an issue on this tenner keyboard. I prefer minimalism. I have a steel series rival mouse. Pretty basic shape and size. I doubt I'd use macros. What macros do you guys use? Are mechanical keyboards really nicer to type on? I grew up using one. It was noisy and heavy.

I'd be paying an extra 150 or so euro for features I don't actually want.

RSI is the only legit reason I can see tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I haven't been convinced really. I don't like lights on my peripherals. I've never found ghosting to be an issue on this tenner keyboard. I prefer minimalism. I have a steel series rival mouse. Pretty basic shape and size. I doubt I'd use macros. What macros do you guys use? Are mechanical keyboards really nicer to type on? I grew up using one. It was noisy and heavy.

I'd be paying an extra 150 or so euro for features I don't actually want.

RSI is the only legit reason I can see tbh

Paid half that for mine. Just find it more comfortable to type on, so I end up typing quicker with less mistakes. The keys seem to have more displacement than membrane is the likely reason for this. Its not like the layout is any different!

There is no deflection in the keyboard either (I'm a heavy typed) due to steel plate in it. This adds quite the heft to it so it doubles as a self defence weapon in case of break in! Loads of non RSI legitimate reasons right there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Regarding the z170 k3 motherboard that was just posted in bargain alerts I'm looking to upgrade to Intel from my FX 6300 this year would this be a good choice considering the free ram as well? Currently have a 290x 8GB in my rig and I might crossfire it down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

kevovek wrote: »
    Regarding the z170 k3 motherboard that was just posted in bargain alerts I'm looking to upgrade to Intel from my FX 6300 this year would this be a good choice considering the free ram as well? Currently have a 290x 8GB in my rig and I might crossfire it down the line.

That board isn't great for crossfire/sli as it only has one x16 PCIe.

• Advertisement

Ah right crap didn't realise it only had one still in two minds about the crossfire option. I should be OK at 1440p for the coming year with just he one 290x oc'd

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

SLI/CFX is a false prophet and that's never been more true than the present. Go with SLI/CFX, spend release day bitching on forums cause the title doesn't utilize it, or even refuses to launch if you have a second card in. Single gpu all day erry day IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, I agree that you should just go for a decent single card, so much easier and less of a headache. No broken profiles/game bugs/lack of support/various other issues to worry about. £99 for a Z170 board and 8GB of DDR4 is amazing value, too. I was about to get the Krait Sli before I saw that deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

dog_pig wrote: »
    The keyboard I'm currently using has a TKL layout so the arrows are pretty close to the rest of the keys. It's also one of the cheapest mechanical keyboards out there as far as I know.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AB7IWRK/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

Bought one of those once. I lasted a week with it. Not having the dedicated numberpad did my head in.

Yeah, I agree that you should just go for a decent single card, so much easier and less of a headache. No broken profiles/game bugs/lack of support/various other issues to worry about. £99 for a Z170 board and 8GB of DDR4 is amazing value, too. I was about to get the Krait Sli before I saw that deal.

Ill stick with the single 290X 8GB then wont be picking up an intel CPU for another month or two but might as well go for the MB deal now then before it goes out of stock. Should see a little improvement in fps with a 4690k as well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

kevovek wrote: »
    Ill stick with the single 290X 8GB then wont be picking up an intel CPU for another month or two but might as well go for the MB deal now then before it goes out of stock. Should see a little improvement in fps with a 4690k as well

Don't stick a 4690k into it anyways, its a Skylake board. i5 6500 or 6600 are the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

While i dont think id go cf/sli again i certainly didnt have as many issues as a lot of other people report. Found most games had some sort of support for it and it was a very rare occasion that it required disabling of one card to get the game running or a game wouldnt run for me at all. Titanfall at release being the only game i can remember that happening too.

As a cheap option i found it ok,noise was the thing that eventually got me to go back to a single card in the end.

While i wouldnt recomend going sli/cf now i do find it strange how mileage really varies for each system/person.

I suppose a lot would also depend on the games that person plays,im not a day 1 type of person so maybe i didnt see the gremlins that causes in cf/sli setups.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Im not a day 1 type of person so maybe i didnt see the gremlins that causes in cf/sli setups.

Almost definitely it. I'm not either, not on PC anyway. Except for XCOM 2 cause of the cool lenticular 3D physical cover, but its sat in my library; I'm waiting for a few patches first to be able to run it at decent fps on my brand new 380X :(

Waiting to jump into Firewatch until they add a toggle for that distracting reticule; that was another Day 1 buy. It's a bit annoying really. Pull the finger out devs! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Eagerly waiting a good deal on a 970 :( Being on a budget sucks :P

Raekwondo wrote: »

If you would consider AMD, OcUK have an R9 390 Strix for £275 with free Far Cry Primal, Hitman 2016 and Star Wars Battlefront.

• Advertisement

Raekwondo wrote: »

You're almost better off waiting for the new cards at this point. Hopefully one's that don't come with the design flaw the 970 did. Or go with a 390. 970 just seems like a bad idea at this juncture.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

If you would consider AMD, OcUK have an R9 390 Strix for £275 with free Far Cry Primal, Hitman 2016 and Star Wars Battlefront.

there's also one for a 970 Strix OC with 240Gb SSD, Farcry primal and The Division for £292 - ebuyer.com/gaming

That's fantastic value. Where do they ship from?

That's fantastic value. Where do they ship from?

UK I'm presuming. I'd pick it up myself if I didn't already get a 970 there at Christmas :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Ebuyer won't ship here lads and I believe PM is blacklisted by them.

AddressPal may be an option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Ordered something from Ebuyer there last night. They don't ship straight to Ireland so you have to use Parcel Motel and the like, which is what I did. Went through the checkout, was charged straight away and then 2 minutes later they cancelled my order. Logged in today and found out that my Ebuyer account has been made inactive.

Fired them off an e-mail to ask wtf is going on and got this reply:
    Ebuyer wrote:
    Your account was made inactive and your order was cancelled for security reasons.

We are unable to ship to the address on your order.

We have reactivated your account, however, if the address 'Parcel Motel' is selected for delivery in the future this will automatically cancel your order and deactivate your account.

Massive waste of time, now I have to wait days for the refund to process. Not sure about Parcel Wizard/AddressPal but I'm not willing to chance it.

jamescd wrote: »
    Ordered something from Ebuyer there last night. They don't ship straight to Ireland so you have to use Parcel Motel and the like, which is what I did. Went through the checkout, was charged straight away and then 2 minutes later they cancelled my order. Logged in today and found out that my Ebuyer account has been made inactive.

Massive waste of time, now I have to wait days for the refund to process. Not sure about Parcel Wizard/AddressPal but I'm not willing to chance it.

Ah bollox. That's unfortunate. Such a great deal and everything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

jamescd wrote: »

You should tweet parcel motel and include ebuyer aswell, seems odd they won't use a valid address for security reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hozeman

I ordered this deal from Ebuyer on Sunday using AddressPal, hope its not oversized or it will be an extra 25 euro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

That is a good deal actually. Do they all come with it? Only seeing FC and Hitman. Would i need to bump up my PSU or would a 600w do?
    Wright wrote: »
    You're almost better off waiting for the new cards at this point. Hopefully one's that don't come with the design flaw the 970 did. Or go with a 390. 970 just seems like a bad idea at this juncture.

Yeah I don't really want to wait until June to make my PC. Want to start ordering parts in the next week or so.

Advertisement