Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You'll need two 390s to run FCP well, sh1t poor optimization there. And battlefront is almost pay2win and repetitive soooo...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Give FCP a week or two for AMD to optimise their drivers. A single 390 is more than enough to run it. Or maybe make sure to run the Beta drivers. I mean, look at this. http://techfrag.com/2016/03/01/far-cry-primal-benchmarks-show-amd-with-performance-lead-over-nvidia/

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

ED E wrote: »
    You'll need two 390s to run FCP well, sh1t poor optimization there. And battlefront is almost pay2win and repetitive soooo...

Have FCP and BF on PS4 so I would just sell them. Hitman would be nice though since the framerate was dodgy on the ps4 beta. Might just sell my XB1 actually and put an extra 250 towards my budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Is this a good deal for a GTX 950 and a 120gb SSD ?
    http://www.ebuyer.com/743531-asus-geforce-gtx-950-oc-2gb-gddr5-dvi-hdmi-displayport-pci-e-graphics-gtx950-oc-2gd5

Would there be a noticeable difference going from a 750ti to the 950 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

will56 wrote: »
    Is this a good deal for a GTX 950 and a 120gb SSD ?
    http://www.ebuyer.com/743531-asus-geforce-gtx-950-oc-2gb-gddr5-dvi-hdmi-displayport-pci-e-graphics-gtx950-oc-2gd5

Would there be a noticeable difference going from a 750ti to the 950 ?
    Is there an issue with getting stuff from ebuyer? Thought they wouldn't deliver to parcel motel or only accepted UK credit cards or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I know this isn't a chat thread, but while it's a very good price and the 950 is a good upgrade ebuyer don't deliver here and even cancel all Parcel Motel orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

You could try Address Pal and a Revolut card, doubt they have clicked onto that yet.

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Is there an issue with getting stuff from ebuyer? Thought they wouldn't deliver to parcel motel or only accepted UK credit cards or something?

I have a revolut card, didn't realise they had an issue with Parcel Motel ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

ED E wrote: »
    You'll need two 390s to run FCP well, sh1t poor optimization there.

No hyperbole detected.

No wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I have a revolut card, didn't realise they had an issue with Parcel Motel ?

I posted in the previous page about it

jamescd wrote: »
    Ordered something from Ebuyer there last night. They don't ship straight to Ireland so you have to use Parcel Motel and the like, which is what I did. Went through the checkout, was charged straight away and then 2 minutes later they cancelled my order. Logged in today and found out that my Ebuyer account has been made inactive.

Fired them off an e-mail to ask wtf is going on and got this reply:

Your account was made inactive and your order was cancelled for security reasons.

We are unable to ship to the address on your order.

We have reactivated your account, however, if the address 'Parcel Motel' is selected for delivery in the future this will automatically cancel your order and deactivate your account.

Massive waste of time, now I have to wait days for the refund to process. Not sure about Parcel Wizard/AddressPal but I'm not willing to chance it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

The fact that it started with a question means it shouldn't have been posted in the actual BA thread in the first place :o Moved!

Solitaire wrote: »
    The fact that it started with a question means it shouldn't have been posted in the actual BA thread in the first place :o Moved!

:o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Heh... my post didn't need quotes before it was moved... just a shame the conversation had already moved here before the posts did! :o:P

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Definitely reckon this PC Gaming week is marketed around the Oculus Rift Launch and the upcoming Vive launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Doge wrote: »
    Definitely reckon this PC Gaming week is marketed around the Oculus Rift Launch and the upcoming Vive launch.

I somewhat doubt it will be any decent if the last sale was anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I somewhat doubt it will be any decent if the last sale was anything to go by.

My only Pc upgrades I have planned, are audio related, and checking in those products are on sale.

I'm always subject to an impulse by, but relatively happy with my machine at the moment. Will keep tabs on the sale, but I guess it would need to be something ridiculous to get me buying.

From a quick glance at the main page of sales, nothing really incredible sticking out, then maybe I'm skipping past stuff I've no interest in (GPUs,Monitors)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Not a whole lot of overly great deals on it at the moment anyway. I'm going to keep an eye out for an 990FX MB and an FX8370 as an upgrade to my FX6300 wont need a new graphics card for a good while as my 290X 8GB seems to be doing just fine @ 1440p for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

kevovek wrote: »
    Not a whole lot of overly great deals on it at the moment anyway. I'm going to keep an eye out for an 990FX MB and an FX8370 as an upgrade to my FX6300 wont need a new graphics card for a good while as my 290X 8GB seems to be doing just fine @ 1440p for the moment.

You would be better off switching to Intel if you're actually changing boards, the 8370 trails Haswell/Skylake by a huge margin in many games. Assuming it's largely a gaming PC it would make no sense to buy a AMD3+ and FX processor of any kind - there are no benefits and countless negatives. From a gaming point of view AMD is completely dead in the water and has been for a while. If you got a 2nd hand fX8370 for cheap and stuck with the same board, then it would get you by a bit longer, but buying a brand new FX and board to go with it would be a major mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Just in case anyone is thinking about one ,
    BenQ XL2730Z 27-Inch LCD Gaming Monitor, FreeSync, 144Hz,

£350
    €450

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-XL2730Z-27-Inch-FreeSync-Response/dp/B00SL4J1M0?ie=UTF8&ref_=gbps_img_s-3_8407_5dd89e26&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Creative Sound Blaster Z PCIe Gaming Sound Card with High Performance Headphone Amp and Beamforming Microphone £44.99

would it be worth buying this as it has a built in amp?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Amazon ES and FR also having a sale. Some R9 390s on there and Xs.

Not sure how good of a deal they are though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Price gone up now unfortunately :(

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Price gone up now unfortunately :(

Aye. The sale was till midnight saturday . Keep an eye on amazon for this ram though ,as it has been on sale around xmas as well.

I was gonna replace my 4x4gb kit with 2 sets of the 8gig kits and sell my older kit, but at the end of the day ,I don't really need it . I only upgraded my monitor during the week and the missis will not be happy if I splashed out again in the middle of renovations ;)

It's good stuff.

Integral 120GB P Series 4 SATA III available on MyMemory for £24.99

Crucial BX200 480GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive £72.99 on Amazon
    The 240gb Crucial is £55.98

I have a Mushkin Chronos 120gb SSD in my PC but want to upgrade to at least 240gb for programs and steam storage.

Should I just get the 120gb from MyMemory or would it be better to go for the 240/480gb on Amazon ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Case as the space for another SSD so thats not an issue

No idea what this means but 120/240 doesn't cut it these days.

Wright wrote: »
    No idea what this means but 120/240 doesn't cut it these days.

How do you mean ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

How do you mean ?

You can install very few games on a 120gb hdd. I have 2 120 GB SSD's in my backup PC and one game could take up 70 GB, obviously a second game wont install if its remotely close to that size.

120GB for Windows Files is fine, but you have to have a large second HDD/SSD for gaming.

If its for games, minimum id go for 240/480.

Edit: Amazon Deal of the Day is a Cruciall BX200 500GB SSD. 90~ Euro delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ah now, I've regularly got about 40 games on my 240gb, mix of AAAs and indies so unless you play solely massive AAA games (GTAV is the only game above 30gb I can think of) and need to have 3-4 of them at the same time, 120gb is manageable and 240gb loads

120gb wouldn't be optimal of gaming but its not a total waste of money if its all you can afford

• Advertisement

Ah now, I've regularly got about 40 games on my 240gb, mix of AAAs and indies so unless you play solely massive AAA games (GTAV is the only game above 30gb I can think of) and need to have 3-4 of them at the same time, 120gb is manageable and 240gb loads

120gb wouldn't be optimal of gaming but its not a total waste of money if its all you can afford

Would this be an okay set up then: have my current 120gb for Windows and random programs, a second 240gb for steam games and then a HDD for movies, photos etc ?

Advertisement