Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

hots wrote: »
    Pirate all you like but not much point paying for the privilege imo.

Worse than that, the keys you buy from pirates are most likely MSDN accounts, which Microsoft can switch off at any moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Yawn.

You wouldn't download a car...

Nonesense!

Copyright infringement is not theft or stealing!

Not according to the law as I understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I've used 2 keys from that site already and no hassle. One win 8.1 Pro which was upgraded to Win 10, and then just a win10 key.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Nonesense!

Copyright infringement is not theft or stealing!

Not according to the law as I understand it.
    I was being sarcastic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

So are they reliable then :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

jayo26 wrote: »
    So are they reliable then :):):)

Yup. Codes delivered within minutes via email, all working.

Yup. Codes delivered within minutes via email, all working.

Sounds discusting and morally wrong i gotta try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

jayo26 wrote:
    Sounds discusting and morally wrong i gotta try them.

Dont do it Jay, if MS switch your key off in 4 years time you'll have wasted that 13 quid! ;)

superg wrote: »
    Dont do it Jay, if MS switch your key off in 4 years time you'll have wasted that 13 quid! ;)

I ment the games I'd rather get windows for free :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

At this point I'll throw in my obligatory "Jaysus be careful there lads!" and shake my head in mock disbelief.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Is this guy trolling or not I can't work it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I was looking at the stuff this guy has up - I'm thinking of building an old 486 machine and came across this. An absolute bloody bargain G15 - sure it's membrane but it's a great KB shame it's not gen 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Redfox25

If anyone spots a sale on ssd 1tb or similar let me know. Missed the last one on amazon. Cheers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

tempted to switch my 480 preorder over to this, somebody stop me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Redfox25

mossym wrote: »
    tempted to switch my 480 preorder over to this, somebody stop me!!

Its a hell of a card, if your going 1440p and dont mind an older card, go for it.
    Its as good as its ever going to get and if the price difference doesnt put you off, go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

So I ordered the Nzxt Phantom 820 after seeing this post still not back in stock and the option to buy it from amazon has since disappeared. I doubt Ill be getting it so! Kind of leaning towards a quieter case anyway liking the look of the Aerocool DS 200 silent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

kevovek wrote: »
    So I ordered the Nzxt Phantom 820 after seeing this post still not back in stock and the option to buy it from amazon has since disappeared. I doubt Ill be getting it so! Kind of leaning towards a quieter case anyway liking the look of the Aerocool DS 200 silent.

I was gonna order one , but when I seen the size of the box it comes in and the size of the actual case , I decided against it . Cool lights though :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

kevovek wrote: »

I have an aerocool case, not the same as that one though. I love it, great case and very quiet. Pain in the ass to install everything in it mind but that's because it's small and there isn't much room to work with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

I was gonna order one , but when I seen the size of the box it comes in and the size of the actual case , I decided against it . Cool lights though :p

Yeah its absolutely huge! Was looking forward to building in a full tower though, all that space must make it slightly handier. Also couldn't resist trying to get a £200 case for £56 haven't given up hope fully but I doubt I will ever get an email saying its been shipped.
    I have an aerocool case, not the same as that one though. I love it, great case and very quiet. Pain in the ass to install everything in it mind but that's because it's small and there isn't much room to work with.

Yeah would love a quiet case the reviews for the aerocool one I was looking at seem really good too. Overclockers have a noise dampening set for the Phantom 820 as well but its about £40 I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

For the lads that aren't sure what were talking about,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7hiVxJE42c

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

was going to buy one myself for a white black and red build but got the corsair 760t instead for just black and red, lovely case that nzxt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Shiminay wrote: »
    I know a lot of people have had mixed experiences with iBood, but I've only ever had good. This is the worst thing I could see on payday...

1080p on a 34 inch monitor? I know it's an ultrawide, but the pixel density is so poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Fnz wrote: »
    1080p on a 34 inch monitor? I know it's an ultrawide, but the pixel density is so poor.

It's wide-screen, not just 1080p. I would love it, I was looking at 29inch version of it. I am not fussy, 60hz and 2560x1080 is more then nought for me.

I just never heard of that crowd. 330eu for that version is amazing. You would pick up 29 version for that everywhere else.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Palit 1070 at overclockers for 349gbp, one day only sale according to their forums
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/palit-geforce-gtx-1070-dual-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-03n-pl.html

sorry, meant to put this in the bargain thread, posted it there too now, but may as well leave it here as well

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

It's wide-screen, not just 1080p. I would love it, I was looking at 29inch version of it. I am not fussy, 60hz and 2560x1080 is more then nought for me.

I just never heard of that crowd. 330eu for that version is amazing. You would pick up 29 version for that everywhere else.

A monitor that size though with a pixel density that relatively small. For an UWHD monitor I think 3440 x 1440 should be the minimum both for quality and for future-proofing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I suppose your opinion is gonna fall down to the price vs performance issue, how much outlay would one expect on a 34" 3440x1440?

For most people that ibood lg monitor would be more than acceptable, and at that price it's looking like a pretty good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I've bought stuff from iBOOD 4 or 5 times. I have heard that people have had poor experiences with them but, other than long delivery times, I've had no issues. I should mention, my purchases were made several years ago at this stage so I've no recent experience with them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I suppose your opinion is gonna fall down to the price vs performance issue, how much outlay would one expect on a 34" 3440x1440?

For a Samsung or LG 34" ultra-wide 1440p monitor you're looking at nearly 800 euros or more.

So yea, huge price difference, but if you're going to do something wrong with your money, do it right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

My advice on going Ultrawide right now is get one of the gsync monitors and future proof yourself a small bit - Its about €800 for a 3440 x 1440 60Hz monitor. But if you are going ultrawide and spending that kind of money - you may aswell save a bit more and get the gsync 100Hz Acer predator. Very expensive though at about €1100.

They will drop in price a small bit over the next few months I feel as there will most likely be newer Acer/Asus 34 inch monitors on the way.

I want to upgrade my 60 Hz ultrawide to a gsync 100Hz - If you are interested let me know ;)

Advertisement