Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

They're the same company as Laptopsdirect. So trustworthy enough, but the questionable quality of the monitor is another issue!

Surprised at the rating on trust pilot in that case. Overclockers for examples is 9.2/10. I have never bought off laptops direct, I wonder what their customer service is like

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

BloodBath wrote: »

I don't see a bargain that's the same price as mindfactory. And when purchasing there you will might as well order the rest of your system minus the case so free delivery is as good as nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I don't see a bargain that's the same price as mindfactory. And when purchasing there you will might as well order the rest of your system minus the case so free delivery is as good as nothing.

It's cheaper than mindfactory and it has free delivery.

Maybe not a bargain for full system builders but for someone like me who is just getting a board + ram + cpu then it is a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭Inviere

I suppose if you're ordering not all at once, the free delivery is a bit of a bonus. I thought there was a delivery charge from Amazon.de though?

It's cheaper than mindfactory and it has free delivery.

Maybe not a bargain for full system builders but for someone like me who is just getting a board + ram + cpu then it is a bargain.

Mind factory is one euro cheaper.

https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/AMD-Ryzen-7-1700-8x-3-00GHz-So-AM4-BOX_1144032.html

• Advertisement

Ah yeah there is, my bad. €8.25 delivery.

Didn't see that, it didn't show up in the geizhals list.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Plus €30 for delivery no?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Plus €30 for delivery no?

As I said in a previous post. Who is just buying the CPU by itself. You would more than likely be buying a full system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

MSI 1080ti from amazon.de for €760/770 with parcel motel. W/O parcelmotel think the price is up around €780.

https://www.amazon.de/MSI-GTX-1080-Ti-GAMING/dp/B06XT3TVKP

Currently showing out of stock but it's not released yet.

The same model is retailing from overclockers for £810/€953

The only bad thing from reading the review apart from the hit on your wallet is this "The card produces a tiny bit of coil noise, nothing annoying."

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_gtx_1080_ti_gaming_x_review,10.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

showing up at 870ish delivered for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

showing up at 870ish delivered for me

€836.94 for me

413673.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

I could never justify buying a graphics card for a gaming PC....
    ...that costs the same as a gaming PC! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Anyone got any good deals / recommendations on an SSD? Looking to reinstall Windows in the next few weeks [and probably move to Win10], and wouldnt mind starting from scratch and keeping my current one as a backup. Would be looking at a good quality 500-700 GB drive. Prices have exploded in the last few months. Wish I had gotten the 760GB Crucial at black friday for 105£

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Prices really suck these days. They've gone up about 50% since the end of last year.

I think the MX300 is probably still your best bet from a value standpoint, though the 850 Evo still wins in the not-stupid-expensive-high-performance department.

Yeah. All the market and manufacturing news I have been reading is just going on about how the lack of supply of NAND is driving the cost up. There is rumors that i they can get the new 3D production lines ramped up and on track before the back-to-school notebook sales period, then the prices may ease. But that is 4 months away :( and other reports seem to think it will continue into 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Thanks for that tidbit, now I feel less bad about keeping my own Crucial SSD from the Amazon sales in my desk drawer. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I don't think they'll be too quick to lower prices alright.

I've been keeping my eye out for a pair of 1TB drives myself. With something that big, I'm going to try and wait it out, but if you're only grabbing a 250GB one or something, I'd say you might as well go with it.

Basically they are moving from a 2D to 3D manufacturing process, and the combination of requiring more steps, them not having found a proper cost effective way of doing it at bulk, and taking the plants offline for the duration to convert them [Toshiba event went so far as to demolish a 2D NAND plant to make a 3D one a few years back]. That being said, Intel are currently in the process of repurposing some PROC plants in the far east to NAND, which could potentially also ease the burden.

Unfortunately that burden in the latter half of 2016 has meant that they hit about 80% of production targets, so 2017 is already behind, hence the prices climbing. No one has a crystal ball, so no one knows whats happening :(

I was hoping for a 750 or 1TB at a reasonable price, but reckon ill grab a 500GB and revisit in another 6 months when I reinstall again :S

I must be lucky so that I do not need a new SSD. I have a old 120 GB one as my boot drive which I bought a number of years ago and then I also have a 960GB one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Yeah I was just looking for one for a boot drive, didn't need to be superfast. Ended up getting it in pcworld for convenience. €90 for a 250GB Toshiba. Doesn't need to be that fast, but hopefully its reliable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

An MSI 1070 for 336 pound https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1070-ARMOR/dp/B01GVHNW3W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1491321353&sr=8-2&keywords=gtx+1070+msi
    I badly need a new card to upgrade my 670.....I wonder is this worth it?

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    An MSI 1070 for 336 pound https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1070-ARMOR/dp/B01GVHNW3W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1491321353&sr=8-2&keywords=gtx+1070+msi
    I badly need a new card to upgrade my 670.....I wonder is this worth it?

It's a big upgrade from your old card and the best price I've seen on a 1070. Go for it.

Even a 1060 6gb would be a big upgrade if you want to spend less. AMD do have Polaris rebrands and Vega on the way soon though.

It's a big upgrade from your old card and the best price I've seen on a 1070. Go for it.

Even a 1060 6gb would be a big upgrade if you want to spend less. AMD do have Polaris rebrands and Vega on the way soon though.

Feck it...trigger pulled!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

not trying to worry you, but when i click ont eh link, it redirects to amazon.com,and it's sold by hot deals 4 less. are you sure it's legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

mossym wrote: »
    not trying to worry you, but when i click ont eh link, it redirects to amazon.com,and it's sold by hot deals 4 less. are you sure it's legit?

For me, it's showing as Seller: AmazonUK; Back-ordered, Due in stock April 11.

Looks legit :)

mossym wrote: »
    Says on mine sold by Amazon....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

sorry about that, i bet it's cause i'm at work and going through american proxy, keeps redirecting to amazon.com for me.

if it's sold by amazon there is no worries. :)
    edit, yeah, link launches to uk site and sold by amazon, it's my work laptop is the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Hoping for some deals on 480's with the 580 coming out in the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

actually 480s prices are going up recently, prob because they're not being manufactured anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

actually 480s prices are going up recently, prob because they're not being manufactured anymore

They'll drop once the 580 launches. Saw an ASUS strix 8GB on German site today for €199 with a free copy of Prey.

Advertisement