Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'd hold off until the 16th anyway. Prime Day sale is on then, usually a deal or two on SSDs that day.

Yup. Have a rake of stuff on my wishlist. Hopefully a few of them have some nice juicy discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I wouldn't hold your breath, to be honest. The last two or three Prime Day sales have been Amazon trying to move crap that won't sell, with the odd decent deal thrown in. Nothing like previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Bought it there,£91.22 when paying in sterling.

Delivery by 20/21 of july.

Been on the lookout for a 500gb SSD for awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Does the trial version of amazon prime still allow you to pick up deals on prime day?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,275 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

EoinHef wrote: »
    Does the trial version of amazon prime still allow you to pick up deals on prime day?

Should do, has done in previous years for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Julez wrote: »
    Spotted on HDUK... seems a decent spec for a pre-built machine, coming from Lenovo too you'd imagine decent build quality.

Y520 Tower - £399

Processor
    Intel Core i3-7100
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Home (64 bit)
    Memory
    8GB (DDR4)
    Storage
    1TB HDD (7200 rpm)
    Graphics
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050Ti (4GB GDDR5)

And a rootkit! :D

Razer are presumably discounting their lineup for Prime Day so if anyone is looking for a keyboard, etc there might be good discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Xenoronin wrote: »
    The 850 EVO 500GB might be down to £100 but the 860 EVO 500GB is down to £90: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-MZ-76E500B-EU-Solid-State/dp/B078WQT6S6/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

Is there a reason this wasn't linked?
    Saw that too. Looking at this https://www.span.com/compare/MZ-75E500B-EU-vs-MZ-76E500B-EU/46684-63267 , the 860EVO should be obvious choice. Anything else worth considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

PC Gamer listing Prime Day deals for US an UK

https://www.pcgamer.com/prime-day-pc-gaming-deals/

Any opinions about the deals on monitors? Like this LG LG 25UM58 25 inch Ultrawide IPS Monitor (2560 x 1080, HDMI, 250 cd/m2, 5ms) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BV1XB2K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_HsDtBbYW7RWKQ ?
    I'm looking for something around 150€ish. 24 inches 75Hz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

yoshiktk wrote: »
    Any opinions about the deals on monitors? Like this LG LG 25UM58 25 inch Ultrawide IPS Monitor (2560 x 1080, HDMI, 250 cd/m2, 5ms) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BV1XB2K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_HsDtBbYW7RWKQ ?
    I'm looking for something around 150€ish. 24 inches 75Hz

What are you aiming to do with it. Primarily gaming, productivity tasks or movies?

Xenoronin wrote: »
    What are you aiming to do with it. Primarily gaming, productivity tasks or movies?

A little bit of all. Besides gaming I do photo editing.
    My current spec is I5-2500 with GTX670 so 1440@60 would be probably max for now.
    Thought about that LG as ultrawide could quite useful for work.
    There are so many monitors that I'm getting lost what to choose especially that my budget is small.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

yoshiktk wrote: »
    A little bit of all. Besides gaming I do photo editing.
    My current spec is I5-2500 with GTX670 so 1440@60 would be probably max for now.
    Thought about that LG as ultrawide could quite useful for work.
    There are so many monitors that I'm getting lost what to choose especially that my budget is small.

I'd actually recommend the dell monitors since colour accuracy is important.
    This is a little over budget, but my friend has the previous version and the speakers are actually decent (they are in the base on his version).
    https://www.dell.com/en-ie/shop/dell-24-monitor-s2419h/apd/210-apct/monitors-monitor-accessories
    It is a really pretty screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Vega 64 for €499

use mailboxde to get it as Mindfactory do not ship outside of Germany any more

Skerries wrote: »
    Vega 64 for €499

use mailboxde to get it as Mindfactory do not ship outside of Germany any more

I so would have bought this, over my 1080, if available even 3 months back

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

We should really ban Wish bargain posting.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

yoshiktk permabanne-

*ahem*

Lel. But seriously now, I have updated the rules - see section g.

g) This thread is for real bargains, not rumors, fake bargains with a catch, or scams. Especially Wish scams. Any posts containing the aforementioned will be construed as spamming at best and conspiracy to commit fraud at worst - in which case a permaban would be the least of your worries. And yes, anything from Wish is considered as the above. The app is way too unreliable and exploitable, to the point where any tech bargain coming from it is likely some form of attempt to defraud buyers. Mods and admins will not be allowing content like that here - this thread is meant to protect forumgoers after all.

Really just stating the obvious, but some people seem to force me to do just that :p

Solitaire wrote: »
    yoshiktk permabanne-

*ahem*

Lel. But seriously now, I have updated the rules - see section g.

Really just stating the obvious, but some people seem to force me to do just that :p

Mea Culpa. Should post it in off topic. I did get the link at the morning from friend, he was happy as a kid at christmass. He did order one, thinking that 350€ is the price for 1080. Had to be blind during the order. Took me a while explaining to him what he bought.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,275 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What exactly did he buy? I'm not familiar with these wish links.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What exactly did he buy? I'm not familiar with these wish links.

He got the add on fb, in the Wish app the product description was really messed up, like in one sentence all cards were listed one after another without space in between. He just saw like 1800€ reduced to 350€ and 1080, so was sure that he got it.
    When I've checked it only when You clicked buy it would let You choose which one You want. 1080 was only 1500€, real bargain. He doesn't respond to my texts so I presume that he's still fighting to get refund.

Warehouse cleaning slowly starts
    Nvidia GPU + Kingston SSD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

LOL

Remember No Chat!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Post moved.
    g) This thread is for real bargains

Problem is, I think that's way too much money to be a bargain :pac:

EDIT: Ad was deleted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Still waiting on my Corsair ML140 fans. They were supposed to be here Monday, looks like I won't get them for another week.

Worth the wait though. I have two as intakes. Keeps my gpu nice and cool under load.

I have an AOC Ultrawide on my Amazon wishlist that sell for £800. There's one there now going for 400 from a third party seller as used like new. Too good to be true?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Still waiting on my Corsair ML140 fans. They were supposed to be here Monday, looks like I won't get them for another week.

Are they the ones I posted in the BA thread? My two arrived on Monday with An Post but I have Amazon Prime.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Are they the ones I posted in the BA thread? My two arrived on Monday with An Post but I have Amazon Prime.

Yeah, ordered on Friday but stuck waiting. And I have Prime too!

Yeah, ordered on Friday but stuck waiting. And I have Prime too!

Ah I ordered on the Thursday. They must be waiting on a delivery or something!!

Update.

They sent it with bloody UPS, so of course I wasn't in for delivery (I HAVE A JOB) and their website is the most convoluted piece of shít to navigate.

• Advertisement

Update.

They sent it with bloody UPS, so of course I wasn't in for delivery (I HAVE A JOB) and their website is the most convoluted piece of shít to navigate.

:pac: why send it with UPS? All my Prime deliveries have been An Post and everything has made it in two days.

Advertisement